Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

It is sad and really feel for the family at this time.

Not sure why stupid thick morons out there still dont get it.

Its NOT JUST the elderly any one of any age can be affected and can die.

I provide fish scraps for the local bird sanctuary. A lot of seagulls are injured by wind turbine blades but can recover. I can't drop the scraps off nor can they be picked up because of essential travel rules.

It's essential to starving injured gulls though :unsure:

Oh well. I don't have any scraps left and there aren't any starving gulls. Sometimes the rules need to be broken. :love:

Carons brother is a chief inspector (wales) tested Wednesday covid-19, results back 18.00pm tonight, both tested positive,Jay, is ill , Nichola (wife) has a sore throat,
Jason had symptoms 15 days ago. So self isolated, before returning to work, got tested ..
Both will make a full recovery in the near future.

1st people I know personally who have had/got the virus.

*UPDATE*
Briefly Spoken to Jason this morning, he was in good spirits,
No appetite, still aching, temperature normal.
Jay is type 2diabetic, and pulled through. His wife Nichola, complained of a sore throat, & tiredness. Proving the symptoms are different from case to case.. they took Benylin thinking it was a cold..until temperature began to rise..

Last edited:
Carons brother is a chief inspector (wales) tested Wednesday covid-19, results back 18.00pm tonight, both tested positive,Jay, is ill , Nichola (wife) has a sore throat,
Jason had symptoms 15 days ago. So self isolated, before returning to work got tested ..
Both will make a full recovery.

1st people I know personally who have had/got the virus.
Take comfort in the fact that most people that get it come through it in the end mate, my son and future daughter in law are both back to being active and back to work after testing positive as are a few others I know, My daughters work mate wasnt so lucky though, his mother passed away during the week, so sad for the family, they are very close, worse still for them, she died at home and was then taken to the morgue by ambulance, she wasnt officially pronounced dead until the next morning by a doctor, then cremated later that day, no time to mourn or have a normal funeral and the family unable to comfort each other due to the restrictions, sad thing is this is happening to so many families around the uk.

It really is depressing just seen images and videos of sites where bodies are going to be buried or cremated.

Can't imagine the pain families would be in at this moment in time with losing loved ones.

Hope god gives them strength at this devastating time.

Take comfort in the fact that most people that get it come through it in the end mate, my son and future daughter in law are both back to being active and back to work after testing positive as are a few others I know, My daughters work mate wasnt so lucky though, his mother passed away during the week, so sad for the family, they are very close, worse still for them, she died at home and was then taken to the morgue by ambulance, she wasnt officially pronounced dead until the next morning by a doctor, then cremated later that day, no time to mourn or have a normal funeral and the family unable to comfort each other due to the restrictions, sad thing is this is happening to so many families around the uk.
@grahamer67
Dying alone, no family present has to be heartbreaking I couldn't begin too imagine what loved ones are going through. Condolences to all concerned, and to yourself, for posting on to this thread.
Stuss..

lost a friend last week, was only 65. still had so much to give put virus won in the end. could not attend the funeral at numbers were limited to 6 max.
Sad to hear that, worst thing is its happening so often all over, really feel for all the families, losing someone close is hard enough, then unable to grieve properly heightens the blow, and then of course the funeral being so quick and kept to closest family only, who then cannot offer any comfort to each other with the 2 metre restrictions in place.

@superdark024 Sorry to hear about that. Truly am.

Too many people are dying from this virus when you wouldnt have thought was possible before. Its devastating.

Heartbreaking that families cant say goodbye to their loved ones at such a difficult period in their life.

What annoys me is when you get these ignorant assholes that believe the world owes them something, totally disobey the rules but still have the audacity to clap for the NHS on a Thursday!

visited a local sainsbury's last week just to buy some essentials not panic buy!! I needed loo rolls and noticed a young lad bring a mixed pallet out that had loo rolls on, people just ran over and raided it and didn't even ask! I was the only person to walk up and ask him is it ok to have one please. he said CERTAINLY SIR I'M GLAD SOMEBODY HAS THE RESPECT TO ASK! everyone turned round and I was like fair play mate (y)

Horrible to say but the British culture in non existent these days! almost every man, woman and child for themselves it's such a shame. It's all take take take! I hope a lot of peoples attitudes change once we get over this pandemic!

We should all be here to help each other and make a difference for future generations! unfortunately this has to start from the top and certain businesses and politicians need to get off that gravy train! to build a better community!

My son drop prescriptions off
My daughter helps out in local farm shop.
My mrs, helps out in a food bank
As well as works from home for the foreseeable future, as well as seeing to logistics towards foreign students get regular hot meals through this crisis.

Back