Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

Home deliveries, click & collect could become the norm, for many many months. As for the high street, could be the end.

Durham has stunning scenery, quite cultural, with variety of restaurants to suit every culture,
But sadly everything will change.
I do miss a steak bake though

High has been doomed for years due to online retail. This lockdown will finish them off imo.

Every day where I am I see vans doing home deliveries. Easier for people.

I be surprised if most restrictions are laxed before June.

So what we got from the press conference yesterday was the peak has in effect passed.

So lockdown measures over the coming weeks will be relaxed then?

So they are not concerned of the major spike in a second peak that may happen.

Yes - me.
Staying home drinking crappy bottled stuff in front of telly is not my thing even if it only works out at 50p a pint.
As soon as they open back up I'll be there in the blinking of an eye
Thought you was camping outside for that day to come unless it was someone else's tent I had seen outside boozer lol

I only go for a game of darts and pool and for the quiz I don't drink a lot :ROFLMAO:
Pubs need mass participation to keep prices down and make money though. Most of the young drinkers now by fruit ciders or bottles of foreign lager. Will they ever return now they have got out of the habit of paying 3 x the price for the same stuff.. :unsure:

I'd like to see prices of £20 a pint after lockdown. It'll ensure landlords/licencees can make enough profit whilst being able to maintain social distancing.

Pubs need mass participation to keep prices down and make money though. Most of the young drinkers now by fruit ciders or bottles of foreign lager. Will they ever return now they have got out of the habit of paying 3 x the price for the same stuff.. :unsure:
I don't think that when the restrictions are lifted, people will think to themselves, I think I'll just stay in'

Some will stay in.

Not everyone will feel safe to go out even if restrictions are lifted.

Its human nature to think like that and tbh its right to.

Cant expect everyone just to go on their merry way.

I think it will be the queueing to get in will put people off, then 5 in the pub and 20 outside.Quiz night or karaoke will be hard to do with only 5 people allowed in at a time.

Back