Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

in answer to the original post topic, it seems yes we will need to be as per following extract and probably only need two guesses which isp's.

Two UK internet providers have been helping the Home Office and National Crime Agency track the websites visited by customers.
A trial of new powers granted by the controversial Investigatory Powers Act of 2016 has been going on for months.
It involves the internet providers creating internet connection records (ICRs), which can be used to show which websites a person visited and when.

in answer to the original post topic, it seems yes we will need to be as per following extract and probably only need two guesses which isp's.

Two UK internet providers have been helping the Home Office and National Crime Agency track the websites visited by customers.
A trial of new powers granted by the controversial Investigatory Powers Act of 2016 has been going on for months.
It involves the internet providers creating internet connection records (ICRs), which can be used to show which websites a person visited and when.

Ye read this eartlier today. It is deeply worrying how they is even "legal". Net neutrality is non existent.

I dont use VPN at all unless I really really need to and know taking big risk but just dont like using VPN 24/7 or majority of time like most.

Hey I stream IPTV and download of RD so if they want to knock on my door and send letters then they are welcome to do so.

RD acts as a VPN if you choose there streams
To be more precise, your ISP can only see that you are communicating with RD but wouldn't know what (due to https encryption), provided the Download Port field is set to Secured under Account Settings within My Account in RD.

However unlike VPNs RD logs everything you do and when for at least a year - in case the potential confidentiality breach of this worries you (if you do not communicate with and pay them anonymously), the risk is nevertheless small since you are only downloading so your liability would be limited to the price of downloaded materials, unlike torrenting/distributing which are the principal targets of rights owners because it is easy to argue the damages for that would be orders of magnitude greater.

Guys is there any alternative to account bot... Having major issues with their useless payment options need PayPal. They are having problems with vpn's I'm having to swap nord accounts far too often right pain.
Thanks

Also guys anyone else having issues with vpn's turning off everytime on firesticks?
Since new update mine keep going off everytime I standby the firestick

Also guys anyone else having issues with vpn's turning off everytime on firesticks?
Since new update mine keep going off everytime I standby the firestick
Has your VPN App got the option to connect at start or something along those lines ?

Yeah is surfshark... This closing on vpn is so annoying especially the missus keeps moaning.. Having to start it too technical for her
You could reset the firestick completely and turn the auto update off I think it called on firestick to stop the update been pushed.
This is what I did with mine and hasn't updated to latest.
But yours has updated so you could try complete factory reset and hopefully can apply these settings.
Additional settings to check on Firestick to ensure security and manage storage space + free up ram.
Check you are running the latest software version and then from the home screen go to settings and then Preferences and click on it.
Click on Privacy Settings
Make sure:
Device Usage Data is OFF
Collect App Usage Data is OFF
Interest-based Ads is OFF
Back up once,
Click on Data Monitoring
Turn Data Monitoring OFF
Back up once,
Click on Notification Settings
Make sure Do Not Interrupt says ON.
Back up once,
click on Featured Content
Make sure it says OFF on both Video and Audio
Back up twice,
scroll left to Applications, and click on it.
Click on Amazon Photos.
Make Sure Allow Guest Connections is OFF.
Make sure Access Amazon Photos is DISABLED.
Back up once.
Click on Appstore.
Turn Notifications OFF.
Make sure Hide Cloud Apps says ON.
Back up Twice.
Scroll left to Display and Sounds, and click on it.
Click on screensaver.
Turn Start Time to NEVER.
Turn Display Info to OFF.
(Screensaver takes up massive amounts of app cache on your stick!)

You could reset the firestick completely and turn the auto update off I think it called on firestick to stop the update been pushed.
This is what I did with mine and hasn't updated to latest.
But yours has updated so you could try complete factory reset and hopefully can apply these settings.
Additional settings to check on Firestick to ensure security and manage storage space + free up ram.
Check you are running the latest software version and then from the home screen go to settings and then Preferences and click on it.
Click on Privacy Settings
Make sure:
Device Usage Data is OFF
Collect App Usage Data is OFF
Interest-based Ads is OFF
Back up once,
Click on Data Monitoring
Turn Data Monitoring OFF
Back up once,
Click on Notification Settings
Make sure Do Not Interrupt says ON.
Back up once,
click on Featured Content
Make sure it says OFF on both Video and Audio
Back up twice,
scroll left to Applications, and click on it.
Click on Amazon Photos.
Make Sure Allow Guest Connections is OFF.
Make sure Access Amazon Photos is DISABLED.
Back up once.
Click on Appstore.
Turn Notifications OFF.
Make sure Hide Cloud Apps says ON.
Back up Twice.
Scroll left to Display and Sounds, and click on it.
Click on screensaver.
Turn Start Time to NEVER.
Turn Display Info to OFF.
(Screensaver takes up massive amounts of app cache on your stick!)
Cheers bud yeah is a option I suppose ... Nord has auto connect seems to work but as of late vpn's keep getting switched off? Not sure what's happening here.
Or teach the missus how to activate it

Legit Nord is 75% cashback on Quidco atm, making it about a tenner for a 2 year sub. Absolute no brainer compared to messing around with cracked accounts.

Back