Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

I have a GL-inet, it's a great little router for what it is intended for , and that, to me, is as a travel router,
I would never recommend it as a home VPN router, but to stream IPTV or whatever when travelling, to hide your actual internet usage, it works perfect,
And will stream fast enough for one connection.

Issue i found was i don't want to slow down the rest of my wired connections and wireless gear connected to my main router, i have the

GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) its awful slow and clunky open vpn​

I had an old BT home hub 5 type A collecting dust until I discovered it can be unlocked with openwrt firmware. I installed Wireguard VPN on it and have my box hardwired to it and just use the Virgin hub for the main connection without VPN. Both routers are on different subnets so they don't interfer with each other.

You can pick up an unlocked BT home hub for around £20 on ebay. There is also an unlocking service if you have one or the Plusnet One hub which is also the same kit.

I had an old BT home hub 5 type A collecting dust until I discovered it can be unlocked with openwrt firmware. I installed Wireguard VPN on it and have my box hardwired to it and just use the Virgin hub for the main connection without VPN. Both routers are on different subnets so they don't interfer with each other.

You can pick up an unlocked BT home hub for around £20 on ebay. There is also an unlocking service if you have one or the Plusnet One hub which is also the same kit.
Yes similar to my set up now but without the vpn, from d link 6400 to tp link archer, then mesh base from this to no2 and 3 mesh relays to 3rd storey of my house
Might look into this but would slow mesh supply down mmmm

I have a GL-inet, it's a great little router for what it is intended for , and that, to me, is as a travel router,
I would never recommend it as a home VPN router, but to stream IPTV or whatever when travelling, to hide your actual internet usage, it works perfect,
And will stream fast enough for one connection.
Yup what they are for mainly but sold in early days as a vpn easy apply router.
Just not powerful enough the mangos

issue i have is its taken me like forever to get a decent supplier who lets me use Tivimate and not their app, and offer a massive amount of UK heavy channels all mostly FHD and HD, so will suck it up by the looks of things,
The CL is the one that causes the most hassles for my VPN was upto its old trick last night not quite as bad though.

issue i have is its taken me like forever to get a decent supplier who lets me use Tivimate and not their app, and offer a massive amount of UK heavy channels all mostly FHD and HD, so will suck it up by the looks of things,
The CL is the one that causes the most hassles for my VPN was upto its old trick last night not quite as bad though.
Could it just be there not balancing servers propperly or too many connecting to same stream.
I know Ireland had issued court order for CL games and Europa League games.

Could it just be there not balancing servers propperly or too many connecting to same stream.
I know Ireland had issued court order for CL games and Europa League games.
Yes mate could well be but as i have experienced in the past if you question this with them you will get a rather angry reply saying something like " we have thousands online at present if was an issue on our end then everyone will be complaining" or words to that effect.
As long as i have tried everything this end, and as for going back to no VPN i think i would rather keep the safety of it so perhaps all this is now irrelevant pmsl.
Apparently, IPvanish has now upgraded to the fastest servers, but im pretty sure is waffle.

i have to change the location at least 3 times a day ...does my head in and that's without watching footy, was on France all today now buffers start and tried Netherlands and nothing then Germany, and it's back.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
VPN's

What's a vpn!!!!!!!!! That's the thing it's trial, and error with them as will be fine one minute then the more people connect to the same server it starts to overload and can't cope with the demand of people connecting to their servers.
By time you've done messing half of day/night has gone lol

What's a vpn!!!!!!!!! That's the thing it's trial, and error with them as will be fine one minute then the more people connect to the same server it starts to overload and can't cope with the demand of people connecting to their servers.
Yes exactly just used a trial service on one stick back to no vpn BT sport FHD 50FPS, USA supplier was absolutely mint, also tried a reseller uk tonight and was not good ...

Yes exactly just used a trial service on one stick back to no vpn BT sport FHD 50FPS, USA supplier was absolutely mint, also tried a reseller uk tonight and was not good ...
I tend to ignore sky sports and BT for football.
Dazn, Bien and 3 or 4 others have far better coverage and not crowded during match times.
Picture and audio is better and even commentators are less annoying

What made me laug the other day i took a trial and the supplier said i had to use his app. so i quickly tried a few things and sent him back details of his url. hen then cut me off his server.

What made me laug the other day i took a trial and the supplier said i had to use his app. so i quickly tried a few things and sent him back details of his url. hen then cut me off his server.
Some apps can be decompiled mainly hardcored apps to what I know of lol

you don't even need to decompile sone apps to get line details.
Agree..some can be done so easy within the app itself .. my supplier not required a VPN for a while now so if you are getting hit then just shows how much supplier cares about security etc..

I know seems daft as they quote, they don't want leaks and feds getting the info, im pretty sure these people who want this info have more than enough knowledge on how to get it.
Nevermind plenty out there that don't mind

I know seems daft as they quote, they don't want leaks and feds getting the info, im pretty sure these people who want this info have more than enough knowledge on how to get it.
Nevermind plenty out there that don't mind
True but with panel based apps you can change DNS in a matter of seconds where as just hardcored you can't lol.
Plus with some apps been multi dns or even upto 10 dns you can have fake dns in there aswell

I tend to ignore sky sports and BT for football.
Dazn, Bien and 3 or 4 others have far better coverage and not crowded during match times.
Picture and audio is better and even commentators are less annoying
i seem to have the opposite these channels buffer and stutter worse, great picture quality though

Back