Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

Anyone using a vpn set it to auto connect as it will always give the best connection and best speeds

It is dependant on the server some as some you have to use a VPN while others a VPN is not required.

While others just use VPN all the time for security, privacy etc.

Always good to have your own and most providers run a proxy server on their systems
Good to know, as I'm having issues, any suggestions / or recommendations on a good vpn if needed? I'm using a firestick and have had awful problems recently, my iptv isn't even kicking in.

Good to know, as I'm having issues, any suggestions / or recommendations on a good vpn if needed? I'm using a firestick and have had awful problems recently, my iptv isn't even kicking in.

Is your IPTV blocked during the footy when you are having issues?

There are alot of VPNs tbh some work better for some than others.

But popular ones seems to be:
Nord
Ipvanish
Surfshark
Express VPN
PIA

The first question to ask is what are my current speeds.

Next when you use a VPN your speeds will fall by 10-40%

If loosing that much speeds brings your download speeds below 15 meg you will not be able to run IPTV.

Remember other devices on your network using bandwidth.

Is your IPTV blocked during the footy when you are having issues?

There are alot of VPNs tbh some work better for some than others.

But popular ones seems to be:
Nord
Ipvanish
Surfshark
Express VPN
PIA
Seems to be ok through footy to be fair, just wondered would it be safer or better to have one and use it when using the iptv app? Would it impact on performance, would it be justified spending out on a decent one? Trouble is what do you trust if its needed.

The first question to ask is what are my current speeds.

Next when you use a VPN your speeds will fall by 10-40%

If loosing that much speeds brings your download speeds below 15 meg you will not be able to run IPTV.

Remember other devices on your network using bandwidth.

TBF have noticed certain servers/locations you choose you hardly lose any speeds and connection still remains stable.

But your right though you do generally lose speeds with a VPN and even more so when others are using the network which will make it hard to run IPTV smoothly.

Seems to be ok through footy to be fair, just wondered would it be safer or better to have one and use it when using the iptv app? Would it impact on performance, would it be justified spending out on a decent one? Trouble is what do you trust if its needed.

Again if the server requires a VPN you have no choice.

But if not you can continue using the service without VPN.

If you care about security, privacy then best to use VPN but just be aware speeds will be impacted dependant on the server you choose.

What people hasn't mentioned who's commented on what you asked about regarding vpn is some providers have banned vpns from been used so before you buy a vpn I would ask your provider if vpns are allowed to be used with there service.

Again if the server requires a VPN you have no choice.

But if not you can continue using the service without VPN.

If you care about security, privacy then best to use VPN but just be aware speeds will be impacted dependant on the server you choose.
You do have a choice either buy a vpn or be blocked lol or find a provider who isn't blocked and willing to protect his/there service from been blocked.
Alot of providers have told end users to use a vpn as they can't be arsed to put resources in place to stop it from happening imo

You do have a choice either buy a vpn or be blocked lol or find a provider who isn't blocked and willing to protect his/there service from been blocked.
Alot of providers have told end users to use a vpn as they can't be arsed to put resources in place to stop it from happening imo

Maybe my post should have been more clear and thats my mistake.

But where a provider stipulates VPN is needed to bypass the blocks then of course VPN is required for that service otherwise the end user will be blocked.

But alot of servers have got past that issue and VPN is not mandatory on their servers.

So best for the individual to take tests and find a server that has resolved the issues with blocks.

As @moshibeth has said they do protect the main server with a proxy. However, if a ISP gets hold of the url of the proxy it is very easy to block the service. That is why you see providers using apps that are hardcoded to the servers. However, if you get the end user to use a VPN the server is absolutley protected so it is a no brainer that server providers should be telling customers to use a VPN.

If your service is not being interrupted on the iptv app then you should be fine.
However if you then go onto say ciberfix or tea tv and use their public steams then definitely use vpn.

If your service is not being interrupted on the iptv app then you should be fine.
However if you then go onto say ciberfix or tea tv and use their public steams then definitely use vpn.
In regards to tea tv and simliar kinda agree with you, but if you have RD or PM premium streams these are secure and wouldnt need VPN for those streams imo.

Its 100% Sly blocking causing disruption for me, i can tether to 3 4G and all is good obviously no VPN, with cat 6 and 7 4g routers on the market and really cheap deals with sim only unlimited data, maybe this is the way forward and isolate the IPTV to use this exclusively.
Speeds are obviously dependent on your signal , but the signal in most places now is great, there are slight issues with speed drops in the evening s but should not be any less than 20MB which would be fine for streaming.
Great option worth looking into Huawei 4G Plus Mi-Fi - Wireless Router | Three

Its 100% Sly blocking causing disruption for me, i can tether to 3 4G and all is good obviously no VPN

Same here, I've ruled out every other variable (device, iptv sub, app, vpn server, vpn provider, wired connection etc) and the one thing that stopped it happening instantly was connecting to 4g WiFi hotspot on EE. Obviously Sky don't do this to every customer, and they don't seem to do it relentlessly, but they certainly did to me for a time.

Same here, I've ruled out every other variable (device, iptv sub, app, vpn server, vpn provider, wired connection etc) and the one thing that stopped it happening instantly was connecting to 4g WiFi hotspot on EE. Obviously Sky don't do this to every customer, and they don't seem to do it relentlessly, but they certainly did to me for a time.
Yes bud same here, defo ISP related, these 4G pro routers look great but extra say £15 is cheapest i could see for unlimited data, i would isolate the firestick then hardware to the router for 4G (y)
But extra costs not really cost-effective i suppose at present

Back