Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

Yes bud same here, defo ISP related, these 4G pro routers look great but extra say £15 is cheapest i could see for unlimited data, i would isolate the firestick then hardware to the router for 4G (y)
But extra costs not really cost-effective i suppose at present

I've set every device to auto connect to the vpn now but think it might have been too late as Sky had already identified me as an illegal streamer. I'm due a change of isp later this year so I'll probably change and keep every streaming device connecting to vpn on startup and hope that keeps me under the radar.

Trialled various networks for 4g in my house and none give consistent speeds, especially in an evening, so will just connect to the Mrs phone (ee) when needed for now.

I've set every device to auto connect to the vpn now but think it might have been too late as Sky had already identified me as an illegal streamer. I'm due a change of isp later this year so I'll probably change and keep every streaming device connecting to vpn on startup and hope that keeps me under the radar.

Trialled various networks for 4g in my house and none give consistent speeds, especially in an evening, so will just connect to the Mrs phone (ee) when needed for now.
yeah seems they have got us by the short and curlies at times, at present im still hanging in there, would love to try Bt but pricing is far too high at the mo compared to what im paying so i will have to put up with it, only odd occasions so for the time being Sly it is.

Shame really thought 4G would be my saviour, but sadly not, in theory, would have been perfect but seems 4G data has the same issues from early BB with fair usage etc, so not truly "Unlimited"

I'm with sky been with them 6 year no problems no isp block no vpn needed at all now moving to now broadband (sky sister company) been with ee never been blocked I must be fortunate or my provider knows what, there doing.
The Huawei routers do look good I was thinking of going down 4g route but probably have too many devices on my network so speeds would be shite lol

I'm with sky been with them 6 year no problems no isp block no vpn needed at all now moving to now broadband (sky sister company) been with ee never been blocked I must be fortunate or my provider knows what, there doing.
The Huawei routers do look good I was thinking of going down 4g route but probably have too many devices on my network so speeds would be shite lol
Yes bud seem very odd, sky seems to be ahead of the game, thinking perhaps the use of VPN's are a red flag to them, yes the 4G seems a great option for just my iptv supply only, wouldnt dare attempt to run my whole household network on it i have 4 teenage sons Xboxes phones, tablets, gaming PC, my iptv, wifes iptv all running at the same time, hardwired cat 6 through the house and meshed up for wireless through 3 stories so loads going on.
looking at all that sky not doing too bad lol

Last edited:
Yes bud seem very odd, sky seems to be ahead of the game, thinking perhaps the use of VPN's are a red flag to them, yes the 4G seems a great option for just my iptv supply only, wouldnt dare attempt to run my whole household network on it i have 4 teenage sons Xboxes phones, tablets, gaming PC, my iptv, wifes iptv all running at the same time, hardwired cat 6 through the house and meshed up for wireless through 3 stories so loads going on.
looking at all that sky not doing too bad lol
Thats same as me pc x2 laptops x2 9 phones 2 ipads x4 iptv subs it all adds up I would be hitting max on 4g luckily I get unlimited if ever needed but that's a pain especially hot-spot on everything aswell so know how your thinking lol

Thats same as me pc x2 laptops x2 9 phones 2 ipads x4 iptv subs it all adds up I would be hitting max on 4g luckily I get unlimited if ever needed but that's a pain especially hot-spot on everything aswell so know how your thinking lol
Yes 6 phones in my household all on 3 unlimited inc hotspots, can always tether if need be on firesticks, a bit of pain as they are all hard-wired 4 of them, but not used all at once its a good back up on the phone data, but rather get better BB 70MB at the moment as we live on coast its best we can get but hey ho, we don't really do too bad.
Just this buffer circle playing havoc with my OCD :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes 6 phones in my household all on 3 unlimited inc hotspots, can always tether if need be on firesticks, a bit of pain as they are all hard-wired 4 of them, but not used all at once its a good back up on the phone data, but rather get better BB 70MB at the moment as we live on coast its best we can get but hey ho, we don't really do too bad.
Just this buffer circle playing havoc with my OCD :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A few years ago I had unlimited on "3", had a caravan at the time so using phone as a hot spot allowed me to use IPTV on the tv etc , worked great , we then moved house and the BB was crap , had less than 5mbps , so the phone was used permanently when at home a , then they contacted me to say they were removing tethering from the unlimited part of the contract. I knew it was going to happen as a pal of mine who works for them had told me that they were doing that universally across all their contracts. So now , I have unlimited data but hotspot/tethering is limited to a couple of gig , can't remember the exact figure.

A few years ago I had unlimited on "3", had a caravan at the time so using phone as a hot spot allowed me to use IPTV on the tv etc , worked great , we then moved house and the BB was crap , had less than 5mbps , so the phone was used permanently when at home a , then they contacted me to say they were removing tethering from the unlimited part of the contract. I knew it was going to happen as a pal of mine who works for them had told me that they were doing that universally across all their contracts. So now , I have unlimited data but hotspot/tethering is limited to a couple of gig , can't remember the exact figure.
Yes seems they had people abusing the unlimited hotspot i remember reading that a while ago on forums, shame. Seems sensible otherwise no one would buy their BB packages

I have been using RD after it was recommended on here and just realised ...I been missing out lol it's amazing...no buffering gives Kodi and Cinema HD a new life...as said above you can delete the info ...the fact that torrents are cached and wont let your ISP know is great.. should have switched years ago.

I have been using RD after it was recommended on here and just realised ...I been missing out lol it's amazing...no buffering gives Kodi and Cinema HD a new life...as said above you can delete the info ...the fact that torrents are cached and wont let your ISP know is great.. should have switched years ago.
Never had a issue streaming movies if im honest so never seen the need to pay extra for it, also have plex, if there is any other movie i can't find just use Beetv finds links real well even with VPN on

Same here I have always used the free links on 100mb VM but it was hit and miss which links worked and then had some buffering and really just spoilt the experience ....now am streaming 8gb 4k files without a flicker. Worth a 7 day trial if anyway wants to give it ago..

Same here I have always used the free links on 100mb VM but it was hit and miss which links worked and then had some buffering and really just spoilt the experience ....now am streaming 8gb 4k files without a flicker. Worth a 7 day trial if anyway wants to give it ago..
how much is the sub?

yes that's decent whats best app to pair it up with for TV and Movies?, though i pay roughly the same for plex from my iptv supplier
I use Cinema HD for normal use and RD can be linked to it...also hear most other movie apps can as well.. I use Kodi for some of the 4k links...some addons are specific for RD ..work awesome? I would give it a 7 day trial ...All Debrid offer one which is who I am with ...if not your thing then no loss.

I use Cinema HD for normal use and RD can be linked to it...also hear most other movie apps can as well.. I use Kodi for some of the 4k links...some addons are specific for RD ..work awesome? I would give it a 7 day trial ...All Debrid offer one which is who I am with ...if not your thing then no loss.
cool yes most these movie apps offer the RD sign in, i might have a look if plex goes up in price

No it is still logged read the terms and conditions. I wouldn't worry though they are not going to come after the end user.
Fair enough not bothered about it myself.

I just delete all stuff streamed/downloaded on my end anyway.

You can use VPN if you really want to with RD but dont bother myself.

Back