Best external hard drive for H2S and how to set it up? :o)

usb 3 is backwards compatible, the only [main] difference being 3 is faster if its used in a 3 port

Thanks guys for all the replys i changed my mind and went with a 16gb sd card and a 1tb seagate drive mains powered works a treat ;) cheers and merry christmas

I'm using a 1tb Toshiba canvio USB powered portable hdd and can't fault it so far. I know a few others on here are using the same drive too
hi , i am having issues recording iptv on the star 2s, somone has suggested it may be my hdd that is too slow, does your hdd record iptv hd ok? Reg

hi , i am having issues recording iptv on the star 2s, somone has suggested it may be my hdd that is too slow, does your hdd record iptv hd ok? Reg
tbh my setup is a h2s and a seagate 1tb mains powered, but yeah all records fine. have you tried formatting and starting again, think the 2s might be the problem?:poop:

Had a few of them that are not seen.

Format on pc fat32 then plug into box when powered off then on,does it see it then ,if so do initialize it for ext4

I always now use mains powered or your might need a powered hub for use.

Try a usb stick to see if that works on your box and if it does,your hdd wont work as had a few and moved on from them.
Plenty of users had usb sticks that would not work,same for hdds.

Back