best sat box for money

padge1

hia all , was wondering whats the best digi sat box for under £100, i have a 90cm motorized dish,and located in the north of england

probably the best value for money is the f3/f5. you should always start with one of these boxes before buying a more expensive one. they cost around £45.00 to £50.00. never buy any sat box with a gift.

Not sure the budget boxes are that good with a motorized set up,
if you think you need them, you may be better looking at a VU+ solo or DM 800 if you want
European sats. They will cost you about another £50 though

my brother has a motorized dish on his f5 it seems to work ok. it just seems to take a while to move between sats. i suppose one of the more upmarket sat boxes will work better.

got an f5 yesterday,was all working fine, now I have no picture through hdmi just sound, works fine through scart... any ideas ? and yes ive tried another hdmi cable still same

do you need to do an initial setup as to what your going to use,hope its not another faulty hdmi port.

all back up and running now, unplugged it all left it a few hours, then plugged it back up and all working fine, very strange

got an f5 yesterday,was all working fine, now I have no picture through hdmi just sound, works fine through scart... any ideas ? and yes ive tried another hdmi cable still same

Yeah the F5's don't like showing scart and hdmi at the same time...scart is RGB...hdmi is YUV...you can only really have 1 or the other.......powering it down for a while can switch it back to default hdmi.
With TV System video out set to YUV..scart colours go weird....with it set to RGB the TV itself refuses to accept the hdmi signal

Back