Blowing power supply blowing

gazzas

twice now my enermax 850 power supply has blown for no apparent reason. when i say blown i mean banged. is there any reason why this would do that?

There is no reason a new power supply should blow, hopefuly if new you got a refund. I taught Computer Technology at a college for a few years and we got a batch of power supplies that were faulty and kept blowing, so it may be a batch from your supplier. Maybe ask them if you could have a different make if it happens again. I would find it highly unlikely that your motherboard is the cause.

I can see it if the powersupply itself it caked full of dust and lint, but I cant see it if the PS is brand new or as a result of the inside of the case being dirty. That just usually leads to over heating and bluescreens or shut downs. IMO

twice now my enermax 850 power supply has blown for no apparent reason. when i say blown i mean banged. is there any reason why this would do that?

gazzas... there are a few reasons why this could happen....

How old is your unit (PSU), how much power is drawing off of it (what is running in your case, you know GPU, CPU, OC, and such), do you have a UPS (uninterrupted power supply or surge protector) running your power, what model is your unit???? There are other questions but this is a start. ;)

Enermax is known for good products but like others have said the occasional "bad" unit happens. ;)

Back