Nedgeom

Hi i have a zgemma h2h and a fire stick. Im looking to upgrade the zgemma. To something newer. Been waiting for the new zgemma h10 combo. But has been put on hold for to long and looking to change now. I know there is the h92h se or h7s. What else is there in around the same price and speck or better. And i see on the h92h theres no out put for sound optical or av. That would be a plus. Thanks.

Hi i have a zgemma h2h and a fire stick. Im looking to upgrade the zgemma. To something newer. Been waiting for the new zgemma h10 combo. But has been put on hold for to long and looking to change now. I know there is the h92h se or h7s. What else is there in around the same price and speck or better. And i see on the h92h theres no out put for sound optical or av. That would be a plus. Thanks.
Are you using freeview ? Hence the reason for a combo box or do you have a sat dish

Are you using freeview ? Hence the reason for a combo box or do you have a sat dish
Yes have for both in ireland so sat and saorview and for card cccam as internet its very fast or reliable. So not relying on ip tv all the time.

Octagon sf8008 would be my choice.

Take a look at the spec. Very good for the money.
Thanks. Whats the support like for them and the image? Dose satellite and iptv work on them side by side and a sky image on them. Thanks

Thanks. Whats the support like for them and the image? Dose satellite and iptv work on them side by side and a sky image on them. Thanks
Super box they are and support is not an issue. supported by atv and openvix and all pre built images will work on it.

Octagon proudly presents their second 4K UHD Receiver SF8008. Octagon SF8008 has two fixed tuners, the new standard DVB-S2X tuner and a Hybrid DVB-C / DVB-T2 tuner. Other great features of the Octagon SF8008 are USB 3.0 port, Gigabit LAN interface and HEVC265 video decoding. Experience a new 4K feeling with the new Octagon SF8008.

The Octagon SF8008 DVB-S2X is suitable multi-stream and is powered by a 15,000 DMIPS CPU, 1GB DDR4 RAM & 8GB eMMC flash for lightning fast switching times.

Octagon SF8008 4K UHD supported OpenViX, OpenATV, OpenEIGHT, PurE2 and other 3rd party Enigma 2 images coming soon, download additional plugins, HDR, HLG and H.265 decoding.

Gigabit LAN with 1000Mbps ensures fast connection of your high-resolution content, in addition the Octagon SF8008 has built in WiFi with two WLAN antennas.

The Octagon SF8008 4K, with its USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and MicroSD slots and card reader, provides ample opportunities to play content from external storage media to further enhance the entertainment experience.

The Octagon SF8008 also features HDMI 2.0, AV (Audio & Video) and S / PDIF output for digital audio, and consumes less than 0.5Watt in standby.

Key Features:
- Hisilicon Hi3798MV200 Huawei
- Quad Core 64Bit (4x 1.6GHz) 15000 DMIPS
- Flash 8GB eMMC
- RAM 1GB DDR4
- Gigabit LAN Ethernet (1000Mbps)
- WiFi built in, 300Mbit, 2x WiFi antennas
- 4-digit 7-segment display
- Card reader
- DVB-S2X & DVB-C / T2 combo (2x tuner)
- HDMI 2.0a & USB 3.0
- MicroSD slot

Specifications:
- Enigma2 Linux OS operating system
- DVB-S2X 4K UHD & Multistream
- PIP HD & UHD (picture in picture)
- HDR 10bit & HLG
- blindscan (blind search)
- Kodi
- HbbTV
- Stalker
- HW multiboot
- ffmpeq HW Playback Support
- 2160P Media Playback H.264 and H.265 HEVC
- OTA updates
- PVR recordings (* optional)
- 0.5W stand-by

I have the same requirement as Nedgeom above and am looking to change from my H2S. I was looking at the Edision OS Mio ( dearer so better ? ), Amiko A6 combo ( E2 and Android ! ) and Amiko Mira X His 3000 in addition to the 2 you mention. Same 7 day epg for Sat & Terrestial and ease of use are the most important, being able to use my iptv line would be good also (but I have Firestick for that), not a lot really.... Appreciate your thoughts (as i need to move on from this obsession)

Dearer is not always better but some members road test boxes and ratings are more important on boxes i think.

thanks everyone, the GB looks good but has only single multistream tuners. Would I be able to record 1 sat channel and watch a 2nd sat ?
i have a slyq hybrid lnb.

thanks everyone, the GB looks good but has only single multistream tuners. Would I be able to record 1 sat channel and watch a 2nd sat ?
i have a slyq hybrid lnb.
No it only has one sat tuner.

If you want a twin tuner box to watch 2 sats at the same time or record and watch on the same sat then the Octagon SF8008 4k twin is the box for you. Have in mind youll need a twin lnb to watch and record off one sat or 2 dishes or a multi lnb setup on a single dish to watch 2 sats.

Thanks, I need a T2 tuner also for the Irish channels so not sure the SF8008 will resolve the problem. I was hoping the skyq hybrid lnb ( wide band and standard I think...) or the multistream ( whatever that is ) tuner would avoid having to go for a (2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2) box, which seem to be alot more expensive.

The Octagon is available with 1 sat an one dvbt tuner as well like the Gigablue

For 2 Sat tuners and DVBT tuner id be looking at a Gigablue UHD UE 4k comes with 2 sat FBC tuners so plenty of scope there and a free tuner slot you could use a DVBT tuner in.

Thanks, that looks very good, before I pull out the credit card, is it a better buy than the new Zgemma's ?

Back