Channels not working.

Dani P

Hi all.

I have an Edision Os Mini, I've been using this guide http://www.techkings.org/threads/guide-how-to-set-up-an-e2-combo-box-with-vix-image.65283/ to set the box up for cable (the box only does cable..not Sly), theres a few settings which don't make it clear (for me anyways), like where it says provider to scan, am i meant to choose one of the options, such as pure...ex TW or brute force etc.? or do it by frequency band?

I've managed to find channels but once the search is done, 1 in every 2 channels don't work which i assume is down to what I'm searching for, either the wrong thing or I'm running the wrong option. My netid is correct because I've got it from another box in the house. (it is 40973)

so basically from what i can tell, the box is working fine, it's finding channels when i search but some channels aren't working, I have good faith that the line is working correctly. because I don't understand it all fully I don't even know what to ask help but with if anybody has anything i can try then please let me know because It's making me pull my hair out.

I'm convinced I'm using a wrong option when searching for channels

cheers

Try ex TW. you can leave net ID blank in tuner config if you want. As long as in ABM providers area that's the main thing

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Try ex TW. you can leave net ID blank in tuner config if you want. As long as in ABM providers area that's the main thing

thanks for the reply/help mate, after getting advice from bees in his guide thread it looks like the splitter or cable from the splitter is faulty as the box works fine on a direct line in to the house, just goes to crap when it goes in the room which runs via the splitter VM fit.

Yeah been there myself with eBay carp. A tratec/ecoline, Konig pr labtec(screwfix) 5-1000mhz one should help

Funnily enough the splitter and cabling there is from VM! lol

I had a look at the labtec at screwfix online but from the looks of it they don't have a 5-1000mhz unless I was being blind, looks like the 2300 or w/e it is which im told is for sat, gonna go look tomorrow.

It's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes surely I'm afraid. If certain channels and not the most common but ones you want then ry an all locals test line too.

Last edited:
I found it better to make my own splitter, cut the cable twisted two new ones in, and soldered together. Then put a connector on the ends. Never had a problem

Can you list any channels missing. I have had an issue that's driving me mad with low signal on several premium channels. The problem seems to be getting worse too. I now get zero signal on Sky F1 HD, Sky Sports 3 HD and a couple of the HD movie channels are the same. I am getting signal fluctuation between 100% to 80 to 69 to zero in a cycle on the SD sports channels and the other HD sports channels. This is now causing picture tearing.
Got worse in the last week but been getting worse for a month or so. Is this what you are seeing. Are you in Yorkshire?

Can you list any channels missing. I have had an issue that's driving me mad with low signal on several premium channels. The problem seems to be getting worse too. I now get zero signal on Sky F1 HD, Sky Sports 3 HD and a couple of the HD movie channels are the same. I am getting signal fluctuation between 100% to 80 to 69 to zero in a cycle on the SD sports channels and the other HD sports channels. This is now causing picture tearing.
Got worse in the last week but been getting worse for a month or so. Is this what you are seeing. Are you in Yorkshire?

Back