Cooker extractor fan

its either 4" / 100mm
or 6" /150mm
for a cooker it should be 150mm / 6" , but common to find cheaper 4" / 100mm fitted
shouldnt be more than a couple of quid for either size of flappy vent, its the fans that are big difference in price

its either 4" / 100mm
or 6" /150mm
for a cooker it should be 150mm / 6" , but common to find cheaper 4" / 100mm fitted
shouldnt be more than a couple of quid for either size of flappy vent, its the fans that are big difference in price
150mm is the size from top to toe and side to side so I need the 140mm one then as it fits inside what's already up on the wall?

have got a tube of bathroom sealant to stick it on :smiley:

Last edited:
Bring ruler to wall and recheck sizes again

Remember its fitting inside that matters.
So I'm leaving the 3 screws in place and fitting the vent inside the plastic already there with sealant?

140mmm should dp the job nicely, fingers crossed and hey it's only £3 if it don't fit.

The white panel on wall with 3 screws stays there and new fitting goes inside it and the sleeve on the vent goes inside the pipe.
Only need sealant to hold grille in place.

150mm is the size from top to toe and side to side so I need the 140mm one then as it fits inside what's already up on the wall?

have got a tube of bathroom sealant to stick it on :smiley:
As steptoe said will either be 4" or 6" just replace the whole thing if the screw holes do not line up and you do not want to drill the wall.
Then us the old one as template and bore new holes through the plastic on the new one and screw it into existing holes.

Bought the vent today and tried to fit it but it doesn't fit inside the wall plate :cry:

Think it should be 125 or 130mm.

IMG_20210405_155213_compress25.jpg

IMG_20210405_155216_compress97.jpg

That is why i said inside measurement as tape is showing your measuring outside.

Thats a bummer it does not fit inside.

How much difference is the size between them.

Last edited:
That is why i said inside measurement as tape is showing your measuring outside.

Thats a bummer it does not fit inside.
Yeah think its about 130mm inside Screwfix do one 125 x125mm so maybe that would be the best bet.
Its says 125x125 in the description then goes on to say wiidth160 x height 160 so I am confused.
And with covid it's all pay before you buy etc.
Don't think they will let me take it back now :cry:

Manrose Flap Vent Brown 125 x 125mm

Our stores are open and offering refunds and returns as normal. However, during these difficult times, and with the current Government guidance of 'stay at home' and 'avoid unnecessary travel', we appreciate that returning unwanted products within our normal 30 day returns policy may be difficult. Therefore, whilst we are under these restrictions, we will gladly honour returns outside the normal 30 day period. All other conditions for making returns remain unchanged and in force, as set out in the terms and conditions.

Another thing you could do is cut cardboard replica and bring it with you in case other makes are a different width?

Our stores are open and offering refunds and returns as normal. However, during these difficult times, and with the current Government guidance of 'stay at home' and 'avoid unnecessary travel', we appreciate that returning unwanted products within our normal 30 day returns policy may be difficult. Therefore, whilst we are under these restrictions, we will gladly honour returns outside the normal 30 day period. All other conditions for making returns remain unchanged and in force, as set out in the terms and conditions.

Another thing you could do is cut cardboard replica and bring it with you in case other makes are a different width?
Yes cardboard cut out good idea, the vents are only a couple of quid I should have bought 2 of diiferent sizes in the first place, doh!
And I wanted to screw it to the wall plate but my machine screws were too long.

If you got one to fit inside all you need is some silicone to hold it in place.

Other way is removing old unit on wall and hopefully screws come out and replacing the whole thing with new screws.

Screw that old plate off the wall

Vents are measured by duct size,
You have 100mm/4" duct, so need a 4" grill

Took it back today got a refund, they don't have any suitable vent the size I was looking for.
Thanks for your help and advice fellas.

Back