Covid-19 the second wave

If we cared more about the elderly maybe just maybe the death rate in care homes wouldn't be so astronomically high.

One thing telling people to go back to work and telling parents kids need to be back at school but where you know social distancing won't be put in place and adhered to as well why take such a massive risk?

This sociopathic government I believe will only react if there is a second wave which becomes completely out of control.

Money talks ladies and gentlemen and that is all these scum in charge are seeing.

And the WHO has said that coronavirus is probably going to be permanent and that vaccines may never work.
Maybe we should just abandon the education system altogether?

I've noticed a recurring theme with the anti-lockdown brigade. They try to make out people are saying NEVER ease certain restrictions, when in reality all we are saying is "not just yet."

Yes economy is bad and may get worse but is it so bad to ask to put peoples lives before money?

I am sure restrictions can be in place without easing it so much to the level that people are going about their ways like before.

People aren't going about their business as before.
Social distancing is observed
PPE is worn
And if people keep saying 'not just yet' then when?
When there are zero deaths?
When there are zero cases?
Cases are falling, deaths are falling. Testing is improving, no matter when they say go back to school, there'll still be people saying it's not safe even if there are NO cases

Even with certain measures in place are you saying its guaranteed we wouldnt have a second wave/peak which could be catastrophic?

Just because infections and deaths are falling does not mean we have control of the virus. Scientists and other professionals still have no idea how the virus truly works and how to stop it if they even can.

Last edited:
And just to make things even worse...There's a possibility we will NEVER have a working vaccine, meaning this is permanent.
After 18 years of work we have no vaccine for sars, which Is closely related to C19. We have no vaccine for HIV despite decades of trying.
If we never get a vaccine we will have to change the way we live. This social distancing and lockdown cannot continue, if this goes on for years, and without a vaccine it will, there has to come a point where the crusade is abandoned and the virus will run its course and kill hundreds of thousands every year, it will just become something we have to accept like heart disease and cancer, we can only do so much to prevent and curtail these conditions but we can't avoid them completely. COVID19 might become something similar for a long time if not forever
of course many approaches to this virus will fail. hiv may not have a vaccinee but
PrEP can make unsafe sex safer. many viruses burn out and come back later , hopefully we will have some immunity as this covid 19 doesnt seem to mutate a s much as the flu virus. bloody evil it is though.

There's a lot of bullcrud being bandied about.
6 months ago, before Christmas, if someone who was 89 passed away his freinds and relatives would say at his funeral "he had a good innings"
And now people are heartbroken that their relatives were "killed at the tender age of 97 due to covid19"
No doubt @pupuqiop will be along shortly to say, "he could have had another ten years in him"
I don't think I'm being cruel by saying if it wasn't covid it would have been something else...how long were they expecting to live? - a dodgy prawn or a strong breeze would have done the trick at any point in the last few years.
People have to die of something, unless immortality is part of labour's manifesto, maybe all the multi-millionaire labour mp's know the answer

absolutely.

it is not a tragedy that a 113 year old person has died from a respiratory illness.

And if people keep saying 'not just yet' then when?

Teachers are saying "when social distancing doesn't need to be as strictly adhered to. Why is it any different inside of schools to outisde?“

Parents are saying "dont use our children as Guinea pigs. Wait till after the Summer holidays to send them back when more is known about the disease and hopefully the death rate has lowered substantially."

But pablo from the internet knows what's best for schoolchildren so send them back asap.

Typical daily mail rubbish.
We come out of lockdown when:
Things are better.
We know more about it.
It's not as risky
We can't catch the virus

In other words, never

I think he is desperate for the economy to restart like the joke of a PM.

I find it funny in some quarters he is being praised by some as doing his best. Typical right wing agenda.

We should praise him for have the highest death rate in europe and second only to America! Bravo

I think he is desperate for the economy to restart like the joke of a PM.

I can understand people's point of view, although I don't agree with it in a lot of ways, about the importance of getting the economy moving again as early as possible to restrict the damage. I can't understand the need to openly dismiss elderly people's lives and the health of children and education staff as a price that MUST be paid to achieve that aim though.

Unfortunately he seems to hold such extreme views over the approach that should be taken that he'll argue profusely against anyone who thinks differently to him. Nobody else can have a valid opinion, everybody is wrong except him, disagree with him and you must want to stay in lockdown forever.

Lots of people are saying "never"
Michael Ryan of world health organisation says we may NEVER have a vaccine.
Buisness sec said today we may NEVER be rid of coronavirus.

So your barmy ideas of 'let's just wait' are weak at best and dangerous at worst.
Wait six months?
Six years?
The kids who are supposed to do their final exams this year will have kids of their own by the time they take them and the ones supposed to start school are getting older too, they've already lost three months of education and you think it's fine to let them lose nine months or a year?
It affects older people primarily and those with pre existing conditions. Shield these and let everyone else get on with it

The kids who are supposed to do their final exams this year will have kids of their own by the time they take them

Kids aren't taking final exams this year, they decided that a couple of months back and it was explained to you on another thread the method they're going to use to award grades instead.

So your barmy ideas of 'let's just wait' are weak at best and dangerous at worst.

Wait six months?

Six years?

Wait till after the summer holidays, that's all.

Dosnt matter how long you wait don't wait!! as there's always going to be a chance either way you look at it parents will send there kids to school ill seen it first hand not knowing what illness that spreads through schools like flies round shite. my lad has asthma so may not be able to go back when school opens but my other 2 can you all have points pabloescaban has points tbh I can't wait for my kids to go back to school to continue their education sounds daft but they've missed 3 months of education how many kids will have actually done work in these 3 months as home life is home life and school life is school life lol

Dad of girl battling Kawasaki disease gives stark warning ahead of school return

Don't take chances with children's lives. Missing school isn't fatal, coronavirus can be.

pabloescaban has points tbh

His view, I think, is that the economy should be started again at all costs and that anyone who voices concerns about their particular industry is workshy and using fears as an excuse as he seems to have decided everyone is off work being paid.

I don't know what his perspective is on the whole thing - whether he's a parent who wants to get his children back into education so they don't miss out on their learning, or a business owner who wants to get consumers back, but he does seem completely over obsessed.

Everybody has there own view! I just think the timeline is too soon for school, even if no vaccine is found the next few weeks maybe crucial to the numbers being infected, why not wait for that to happen!
They keep going on about underprivileged children from broken and poor relationship families! Why don't they do something about that? Or is putting them back to school is there answer?
Surely starting the next term at the end of August or beginning of September isn't going to be the end of the world as we know it!

Living in Germany i can only say that the second spike that someone wrote about has turned and the rate has sunk again.. it went last Monday back up to 1,07 but has fallen since then.. today it´s 0,75.. The experts are saying it´ll stay there with slight rises and falls.. i believe that no-one really knows.. we on a course and have to trust the doctors/medical experts who guide the politicians altho each country seems to have it´s own idea´s as to whats best

Schools in different regions have started again.. 2 weeks ago the schools in my area started with reduced class sizes.. 1 week you´d go Mon Wed Fri then the followiing week Tue Thur.. on The 1 June all schools open normally..

Restaurants are open with reduced capacity.. DIY`s and newsagents never closed. Most shops are open but with reduces capacity..

Germany has a low death rate compared to other European countries but Merkel still get it in the neck from politicians / press and some public.. she´s done this when she should have done that.. she´s opened up to quickly / to slowly / why a lockdown.. it goes on and on..

There have been big demo´s against the lockdown.. infringes human rights / against the constitution etc etc

No-one seems to be able to get it right..

i just do what i think is right .. wear a mask outside .. gloves in work.. and keep your distance when talking to others.

Vaccines might help but there´s never been a cure for any viruses so i dont believe they`ll find one soon.. maybe a treatment but never a cure...

i read on FB yesterday about a "cure" 3 asprins and some honey.. and that the hospitals are killing patients when they go on ventilators.. but its apparently all part of someone who´s going to start a global government and this is just the start of a process..

Back