Covid-19 the second wave

This is exactly the case in some schools. Social distancing is not physically possible.
some schools is not the same as all schools, and those that aren't physically able to are still going to be in the same possition in September - the restaints of the building isn't going to change.

And to say not physically possible is not the case, if classes etc have staggered breaks etc then there would be no reason for two classes to pass in a coridoor. Especially as there are only going to be 3 years of classes there, they could be spread accross the building to reduce the chances of passing even more.

There are many people saying that lockdown should not be lifted until there is a vaccine or the virus is eliminated. There is no vaccine for the HIV virus and in the 1980's it was almost 100% fatal yet I don't remember anyone mandating a ban on unprotected sex, it was recommended but never mandated. How many people consider the reward worth the risk?

It's a similar position with Covid, risk v reward. if you contract the virus, the risk of death is about the same as the risk of getting serious complications from elective surgery. If you take some precautions (like social distancing), then work is reasonably safe.

HIV was not, nor is it now contagious. Should you mandate no unprotected sex ~ how do you police that?? Be reasonable, you can't.
What you do is give people all the information you currently have, and inform them on how best to avoid catching/transmitting the disease, and then let them take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I partially agree with your second point, I have been at work all through this, I am a bus driver. I took personal responsibility for my actions, I wipe the cab area with anti bacterial wipes upon starting, I have a hand sanitizer attached to my belt, I don't touch my eyes, nose or mouth without sanitising my hands.
I wash my hands when I get a chance.

The difference between Covid and elective surgery is that you can't spread it or the dangers associated with it unknowingly.
There are people going around carrying COVID unknowingly (many of whom will never get any of the symptoms) but can spread the disease exponentially ~ hence the need for social distancing, and personal responsibility.

HIV was not, nor is it now contagious. Should you mandate no unprotected sex ~ how do you police that?? Be reasonable, you can't.
What you do is give people all the information you currently have, and inform them on how best to avoid catching/transmitting the disease, and then let them take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I partially agree with your second point, I have been at work all through this, I am a bus driver. I took personal responsibility for my actions, I wipe the cab area with anti bacterial wipes upon starting, I have a hand sanitizer attached to my belt, I don't touch my eyes, nose or mouth without sanitising my hands.
I wash my hands when I get a chance.

The difference between Covid and elective surgery is that you can't spread it or the dangers associated with it unknowingly.
There are people going around carrying COVID unknowingly (many of whom will never get any of the symptoms) but can spread the disease exponentially ~ hence the need for social distancing, and personal responsibility.
My dad's a bus driver but he's been furloughed till end of May as buses round my end are only running a limited service lol

CBA watching all the same groundhog day daily update on the virus.
Anyone know if a 2nd wave is a possibility after the slight let up in lock down rules and muppets flocking to the beach at devon a d elsewhere.
Ta

CBA watching all the same groundhog day daily update on the virus.
Anyone know if a 2nd wave is a possibility after the slight let up in lock down rules and muppets flocking to the beach at devon a d elsewhere.
Ta
I should imagine a second wave is quite plausible. Lets just hope it doesn't happen. :)

There's always a second peak.
It goes up, then down, and fluctuates as more treatments and methods of controlling it are found, testing, tracking and tracing and other controls come into play.
It's unlikely that a second wave would be as bad as the first IMO because we know much more about it now than we did in February and in another month or two we'll know a lot more than we currently know

Gonna be pretty demoralising for people if the whole of the UK gets any major second peak and measures have to be reintroduced that have been lifted by then. Hopefully if/when cases do rise again it can be managed locally.

Thats all you can hope for. As a second wave happening is highly likely.

It comes down to are we more prepared to control it instead of going backwards.

Mistakes can't be made again.

Thats all you can hope for. As a second wave happening is highly likely.

It comes down to are we more prepared to control it instead of going backwards.

Mistakes can't be made again.
We've got more testing capabilities now and more ways of controlling it than we did in the beginning

Yes but those testing requirements are well below what they are claiming.

Werent they claiming 100,000 tests every day but fall quite short of that.

All the politicians are scum of the earth. Lying through their teeths as usual.

We're doing more than 100k a week now.
Also there's new tests to tell whether someone's had it or not, 100% reliable.
I'd have to agree with the mp's being arseholes but they will all be trying for a knighthood now by their actions so some of them will be trying to do the right thing

Reports were saying government were fabricating the numbers and actually the daily tests they were going on about which I believe was 100,000 was well below that. I dont think it was 100,000 a week but a day they were promising.

I know of the track and trace app they are slowing rolling out but how reliable is that. Guaranteed 100% success in finding out if someone has had it or not as tbh I just think there will be flaws. Impossible to be 100% accurate from the get go.

Knighthood haha some of these scum need to be locked up and key thrown away. I can think of an ex PM from the early 2000s being one of them.

With over 60,000 deaths if you go about the accurate number multiple sources have stated, no one can do any right thing let alone deserve praise for it.

Yes 100k per day they have been doing, not every day of course.
The track and trace app will never be 100% perfect because the public are involved, but even at 50% accuracy it is enough to keep a lid on it.
I believe it will be ok, there will be a rise in infections but nothing we can't handle

We will see. Will be very tough few months still.

Cant see complete end to restrictions till end of the year if not early 2021.

That is if second wave isnt bad or worse than the first one.

I don't think there'll ever be an end to restrictions, social distancing will be here for years yet.
Not sure there will ever be a vaccine so we'll have to get accustomed to dealing with it every day

Will be tough for sure mate. Already finding it tough accepting it as normal potentially for good most people would not be able to accept that.

As "normal life" as we know before February is all but gone now.

I also cant see a 100% vaccine that will work as other diseases/viruses mentioned already still have no vaccine to this day.

Back