Disgusted today...

They have done baz where I am Tesco now open from 7am - 9am for nhs staff and elderly.
Right I knew Iceland had on a Wednesday but havnt been to tesco asda recently too manic for my liking but nice to hear tesco took into consideration other customers

went to local chippy last night when i finished work and 2 paramedics were in there telling one of the women serving how bad its getting and they hadnt even had time to have a break ffs the shop owner gave them their order and said its free and no sooner had they got outside they had another call :unsure::X3:

Its not too bad yet in N-Ireland, still plenty left in the shops, my mrs works for the Ambulance service, she gets a bit of shopping done on the way to work and sometimes picks a few things up on the way home, she is totally against panic buying, one good thing for the Ambulance service is that some of the pizza places over here are giving them free pizzas, she has never bothered taking the offer up until last night, when her and her mate called and got a pizza free of charge, so her being the way she is, she ordered some chips and Garlic bread for my daughter and granddaughter, so she could pay for them and put some money in their till, but they said No and gave that for free too, the other girl who works with her was the same Bottle of coke and Doughballs, it must be costing them a fortune as there are some workers calling in every night, the only option they have is to put some money the charity box on the counter ,which the majority of them does.

It was great to hear of the emergency services getting free food and the list of places growing all the time,but one thing disgusts me is overworked doctors and nurses when finished long shifts find their car clamped by the clampers.
I think normality might be coming back as shelves are not stripped and bare.

It may not seem a big deal to some but after doing 6 hours non stop of my 12 hour shift I called into Greg’s for a Coffee. The staff member noticed my NHS I.D and told me it was free. I thanked him but he saId “no it’s me that should be thanking you“ That meant more to me than the free coffee.

Thats it mate, its a great feeling to see your effort is appreciated, same with your work you put in here on TK, heh, heh

By all means get morally outraged and shame people, but know you are sending the effective price all the way up to infinity.

Nobody is sending the price up apart from the profiteering shop keepers. They could sell a massive volume of products at the normal price, limiting the amount of certain items so that those who need them can get enough. The sheer volume of products sold at times like this is enough for them to make a very good profit.

Post as many of your strange anecdotes as you like, it's still twaddle. The way you keep trying to paint them as some kind of friend of the needy is just plain weird.

Nobody is sending the price up apart from the profiteering shop keepers. They could sell a massive volume of products at the normal price
And like the supermarkets, their shelves would be bare.
Everyone loves 15p baked beans, but if you really need beans you'll pay a quid if the only place that has them are a quid

Nobody is sending the price up apart from the profiteering shop keepers. They could sell a massive volume of products at the normal price, limiting the amount of certain items so that those who need them can get enough. The sheer volume of products sold at times like this is enough for them to make a very good profit.

Post as many of your strange anecdotes as you like, it's still twaddle. The way you keep trying to paint them as some kind of friend of the needy is just plain weird.

They are making money through voluntary exchange. Where both parties are better off.

In a world where prices rise noone is paying 20 for bog roll.

But they are in a world where supermarkets are not allowed to raise prices as economically illiterate virtue signalers will shame them into empty shelves.

We live in a world where supermarkets cannot put prices up and are limiting the # of purchases.

How's it working out so far?

And as for slagging off capitalism.

Maybe when this is over and you again live in a world where you know that the supermarket will have the exact type of bagel you want down to the right type of seed on top you might appreciate the spontaneous order that produces that sort of abundance.

No one allocated flour to the bakers, no one analyses need and places a city wide order for cinnamon bagels with toasted sesame seeds. Prices, demand and the desire of thousands of individuals to make money means your idiosyncratic breakfast tastes are all taken care off.

Capitalism is ******* great, and these last few weeks should make people appreciate what a wonderful system we have. One of our towering achievements

What's being described is economics and we live in a capitalist country I'm afraid comrades.

Exactly - and busuness is business.

Not sure why that buffoon keeps insisting that financially fleecing customers is actually some kind of missionary work though and that these businesses exploiting the needy somehow have their best interests at heart.

And like the supermarkets, their shelves would be bare.
Everyone loves 15p baked beans, but if you really need beans you'll pay a quid if the only place that has them are a quid

Of course they'd be bare, people would have bought the things they need - they're not on the shelves as ornaments y'know.

It's not missionary work. It's selling something to someone for less than they are prepared to pay for it.

Both sides are better off. Or else the sale wouldn't happen DUCY?

Which toilet roll is cheaper: a £10 pack of toilet roll in a corner shop, or a £2 price sticker for a non existant toilet roll on an empty shelf?

If you value toilet roll at £15 due to having none, which shop do you go to and why?

Yes world is all about money.

Now sure how capitalism is bloody great. Benefits the rich and powerful, the system was not designed for the ordinary people like me or you.

Rich and powerful are the ones who truly benefit and poor get poorer. Wonderful system indeed :sneaky:r

It's not missionary work. It's selling something to someone for less than they are prepared to pay for it.

Both sides are better off. Or else the sale wouldn't happen DUCY?

Which toilet roll is cheaper: a £10 pack of toilet roll in a corner shop, or a £2 price sticker for a non existant toilet roll on an empty shelf?

If you value toilet roll at £15 due to having none, which shop do you go to and why?

Why do you keep posting these weird justications???

It's greedy business owners exploiting those in need with the most money, not ensuring those with the highest need get the product. If you really believe this is anything but maximisation of profits and turning a crisis into a big payday then you nedd your head seeing to.

Yes world is all about money.

Now sure how capitalism is bloody great. Benefits the rich and powerful, the system was not designed for the ordinary people like me or you.

Rich and powerful are the ones who truly benefit and poor get poorer. Wonderful system indeed :sneaky:r

Actually capitalism most benefits consumers.

Big companies do not like capitalism. They spend millions to preserve monopolies, to game the political system to regulate against competitors. The do not like free market competition.

When you value a widget at £1.10 and it costs a company 90p to produce a sale will happen when you meet.

If you buy for £1 then the company make 10p profit, but so do you. You have something you value at £1.10 but you only paid £1 this is consumer surplus

When two companies make the widget competition drives the cost down the marginal cost of making the widget. You are going to get that widget for close to 90p. Virtually all the profit is going to you, the consumer. When the widget makers cannot reduce price anymore they will compete on service.

This is why shops have such liberal returns policy.

We capture nearly all the profit and get great service.

Any capitalist who has made a billion has made society better of by many multiples of that.

Name another system you'd like to live under. In any era.

Why do you keep posting these weird justications???

It's greedy business owners exploiting those in need with the most money, not ensuring those with the highest need get the product. If you really believe this is anything but maximisation of profits and turning a crisis into a big payday then you nedd your head seeing to.

It doesnt matter what the motive is.

Again if you value baby milk at £15 and you have two shops

One with empty shelves and a £2 price tag or a shop selling baby milk with a £10 price tag

Which shop do you go to?

One can sell you something for less than you are prepared to pay for it.

The other has no baby milk..

I don't care about the motives.

If you don't like that huge mark up stop shaming shops that modestly raise prices, and there won't be empty shelves and Mr Evil Tenner Chaser has to sell for less.

Back