Dishonest IPTV sellers and their tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoardmanX

I just wanted to make a thread where one can discuss how some IPTV sellers can be dishonest and some of the dirty tricks used.

I know the nature of these type of services can all be a bit hush-hush but without naming names or personal details I think it would be good to list and share some of the problems people have and how it effects them.

All providers have some problems it is natural but where is the line drawn between acceptable and unacceptable.

I've been using IPTV for a few years and I've had a number of sellers (some good and some bad)

My biggest problem of late is a provider stating certain sports streams are Full HD and at 50/60Hz (fps) * I find on days when no large events are being aired on these channels that they are as they should be (1080/50) but when major events are on the resolution of such channels streams changes to as low as 576p with an fps of 25hz. Also, on such days there can be the dreaded freezing and or audio sync issues.

So I would also like to ask if anyone else has seen such behaviour?

I would imagine some probably don't even realise it's happening so if you are able to and you notice on such channels a decline in picture whilst watching big events then just check the resolution and frame rate is what your seller claims it is ..

If anyone has other problems they want to share and add to the topic then please do :)

End of day it ain't sly vm bt so what more do people expect if you want full fhd ect and don't like audio been out of sync surely the big providers will have some good deals on for new customers lol but bare in mind they can be a number of factors to why freezes audio sync could be down to the source could be screeners been used there could be a 1001 things dosnt mean it's down to provider plus there is plugins ect you can use change things on apps to bring it back into line

End of day it ain't sly vm bt so what more do people expect if you want full fhd ect and don't like audio been out of sync surely the big providers will have some good deals on for new customers lol but bare in mind they can be a number of factors to why freezes audio sync could be down to the source could be screeners been used there could be a 1001 things dosnt mean it's down to provider plus there is plugins ect you can use change things on apps to bring it back into line

But what about resolution and frame rates being lowered on big events (busy match days)?

The start of your thread implies there are a number of dishonest and dirty tricks being used yet you only mentioned downscaling of content. No mention of number of channels or instances.

In short though this could be the IPTV provider doing this or the source of the stream and can be for various reasons. I don't believe that this is common practice, maybe you just got a bad provider. If it's that poor unfortunately it may be a case of cutting your losses and moving on.

But what about resolution and frame rates being lowered on big events (busy match days)?
That could solely be down to source issuers and bandwidth on servers load balancers if you've noticed it with your provider have you spoken to them about it and gave an explanation!!!!

The start of your thread implies there are a number of dishonest and dirty tricks being used yet you only mentioned downscaling of content. No mention of number of channels or instances.

I just wanted to list my current problem but I have had other problems in the past and wanted this to be a thread where users could list them. * example paying for 6 months and the sub ending after 5 weeks and no response from service provider.

I'm sure others have had similar problems.

I've seen sellers before deny issues like it is only the problem of the users side yet others on the same server on different devices and internet providers will be having the same issue on same channels.

That could solely be down to source issuers and bandwidth on servers load balancers if you've noticed it with your provider have you spoken to them about it and gave an explanation!!!!

Yes and they claimed it was not true and that the servers stream is always 1080/50 which was just a straight up lie.

If you have been ripped off by someone on this forum then you should report to a member of the admin team. Unfortunately this can happen but a thread on the matter isn't going to help as:

1) You can't name providers in open
2) These kind of crooks just open up shop again and again under different names

Regarding the denial of issues yeah it can happen but I guess you have to take all factors into consideration. Say a provider has 5k subs and even if 50 had an issue with a channel but no else did I think it would be unfair to blame the provider.

Things like throttling and bandwidth issues are very common but unfortunately that's something the user would need to address

I just wanted to list my current problem but I have had other problems in the past and wanted this to be a thread where users could list them. * example paying for 6 months and the sub ending after 5 weeks and no response from service provider.

I'm sure others have had similar problems.

I've seen sellers before deny issues like it is only the problem of the users side yet others on the same server on different devices and internet providers will be having the same issue on same channels.
Thats fleebay and social media for you the mods on this forum are really good in that aspect if a sub/seller happens to go awol then they are on it like flies round shite have you thought about getting a trial and comparing I've been there with a provider making all excuses up in book

If you have been ripped off by someone on this forum then you should report to a member of the admin team. Unfortunately this can happen but a thread on the matter isn't going to help as:

No I am not saying anyone on the forum has ripped me off - nor is this thread for that I was simply stating of past issues seen as you wanted to point out my thread implied a number of issues and I only mentioned one, I was giving an example of previous issues.

I personally just think that many sellers just like to claim their service is so much better than others and many just seem to straight up lie. Many are just re-sellers selling the same service under different names and different prices.

Hopefully becoming a member here and discussing things can help me find services that are better than what I've has in the past.

No I am not saying anyone on the forum has ripped me off - nor is this thread for that I was simply stating of past issues seen as you wanted to point out my thread implied a number of issues and I only mentioned one, I was giving an example of previous issues.

I personally just think that many sellers just like to claim their service is so much better than others and many just seem to straight up lie. Many are just re-sellers selling the same service under different names and different prices.

Hopefully becoming a member here and discussing things can help me find services that are better than what I've has in the past.

Isn't this just like any marketing? Talktalk convinced me they were brilliant. Idiots starting charging me even before setup claiming a router had been sent yet I didn't receive one.

If I'm honest most people could write something negative about anything. If the purpose of the thread is to help others I'm curious to know how as your experiences might not be shared by others.

if the purpose of the thread is to help others I'm curious to know how as your experiences might not be shared by others.

Key word there is 'might' and I am hoping it might help me and others understand what to expect and what truly is acceptable and not acceptable.

Key word there is 'might' and I am hoping it might help me and others understand what to expect and what truly is acceptable and not acceptable.
What one finds acceptable another finds unacceptable - I know of people who kicked up a stink of unimaginable proportions over a missing Picon, most people couldn't give a shit
Likewise someone who only watches rugby couldn't care less about the football channels or movie channels breaking up.
Some fussy people want perfection 100% of the time for fifty quid a year and others are happy to be saving a fortune even if it can be a bit flakey at times

Could you tell us a bit more about your setup i.e are you using powerline adapters or WiFi?
Are you connecting through a portal etc.?
Have you done speed tests before and after the issues?
There could be a lot of reasons why your service is not performing well which is not down to your subscription. This is the place to air your grievances as long as you go about it the right way, so far so good(y)

Lets make sure your gear is A1 before jumping to conclusions :love:

The whole idea on taking out an iptv sub is to try as many tests as possible, then find one that suits you and go 1 month at a time to start with, just in case it turns out to be not as good as the test, but you have already stated that you have come across some good ones, so why not just stick with one of them, dont forget what works well for some, will not work well for others, but there are some very good providers for iptv on this forum.

I personally use PC and or my Laptop connected via cat7 cable to a high end gaming router which is on a dedicated fibre 1GB line.

My speeds are wonderful since upgrading over a year a go - no complaints or problems with my broadband.

I personally use PC and or my Laptop connected via cat7 cable to a high end gaming router which is on a dedicated fibre 1GB line.

My speeds are wonderful since upgrading over a year a go - no complaints or problems with my broadband.

cat7 .?
seriously.?
why.?
but I really doubt it is anyway,,,

apart from that,
is your router set up correctly, is your "modem" set up correctly, do you have static WAN IP, do you have a static LAN IP,?
loads and loads of variables before you even start blaming your provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back