Dishonest IPTV sellers and their tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but feel like this thread is a waste of time. Again not sure how it is supposed to help anyone looking to get into IPTV.

OP got ripped off - can happen to anyone but wasn't on this forum. Everyone knows they can be ripped off
Issues with channels - guess everyone doesn't know issues can occur but those that think it will be 100% for what they pay are naive or just plain greedy

If the OP really wants to help perhaps write a pros and cons of IPTV in general rather than something which seems very specific to current supplier. There is still no mention of how many channels are being downscaled or frequency. Could say every major event but is that over a day, a week, a year?

Sorry but you are wrong on so many levels and clearly have some sort of agenda ,mbath so I'm just gonna try to avoid you.

As for router problems @steptoe I can assure you all is fine on that front .. I also have access to other means of internet and server due to my line of work.

Why are most of you assuming that my current issue of resolution and framerate changes are down to my setup?? lol

It's not and if it was which again it is not then why once busy events are over do said channels go back to being full res and fps. (like I said I bet some people don't even know it happens on some setups)

and yes cat7 really and yes 1gb fibre really - as I play semi pro gaming tournaments and work/sell gaming servers.

Last edited:
Sorry but you are wrong on so many levels and clearly have some sort of agenda ,mbath so I'm just gonna try to avoid you.

As for router problems @steptoe I can assure you all is fine on that front .. I also have access to other means of internet and server due to my line of work.

Why are most of you assuming that my current issue of resolution and framerate changes are down to my setup?? lol

It's not and if it was which again it is not then why once busy events are over do said channels go back to being full res and fps. (like I said I bet some people don't even know it happens on some setups)

so,,
why cat7,?
its an easy question to answer

you've had loads of time to google it by now.

I personally use PC and or my Laptop connected via cat7 cable to a high end gaming router which is on a dedicated fibre 1GB line.

My speeds are wonderful since upgrading over a year a go - no complaints or problems with my broadband.

Sorry a few more questions:
You mentioned codecs in one of your replies which are a big weak point of all windows systems - is your system upgraded to the latest H.264?
When you say your speeds are wonderful, have you speed checked your PC straight after the issues you are having?

I am still in your corner, just trying to get to the bottom of it (y)

I have no agenda. I just think your opening post is rather misleading and your gripes are generalising IPTV.

I think like myself thousands of people have saved thousands of pounds.

Starting a thread with the below is like some sort of awful Daily Mail headline as if the thread is going to be some sort of great exposé.

"I just wanted to make a thread where one can discuss how some IPTV sellers can be dishonest and some of the dirty tricks used."

Sorry a few more questions:
You mentioned codecs in one of your replies which are a big weak point of all windows systems - is your system upgraded to the latest H.264?
When you say your speeds are wonderful, have you speed checked your PC straight after the issues you are having?

I am still in your corner, just trying to get to the bottom of it (y)

Yes I encode h264 and h265 regular.

I have access to windows 10 and Catalina MacOS

plus,
speeds are meaningless if the bandwidth isnt available

Correct though the fact I am the only one with access to my router means unless there is a problem with my ISP then all bandwidth is available to my connected devices which is basically one or two max and I can assure you I am not dumb enough to have a 101 applications running in the background.

I watch sporting events and game and encode that is it and never at the same time.

try Linux
its native on *nix,
both windows and mac are bastardised versions of the kernel

Yes I'm not a stranger to it though back in the day I preferred FreeBSD.

which is *nix
so try using a native kernel, not one thats been fkd about with,
dont blame others until you are blameless yourself

I can easily setup an installation and run a test next time a busy event is on if you honestly think that resolution and framerate lowering will stop and that somehow this is a windows or MacOS fault.

But I think we both know what the results will be ..

It's not like I haven't tested it from multiple devices and locations already not to mention confirmation of the same from two others using said provider. :)

What does it matter what frame rate is with iptv your saving money and getting to watch football basketball baseball ect that's not shown on the likes of sly beeetv vm ect so would it matter if 720 or uhd or fhd or not

I can easily setup an installation and run a test next time a busy event is on if you honestly think that resolution and framerate lowering will stop and that somehow this is a windows or MacOS fault.

But I think we both know what the results will be ..
well
every computer problem I have came across before casn be blamed on windoze or crapple,
I'm not saying your problem is, but I'd suggest its more of a PICNIC than anything else

You seem to have pin pointed a problem that is specific to your current iptv provider Boardman. You'd be better off presenting your evidence directly to them rather than starting a thread on here about it. You've been drawn into an argument with people who can't change anything for you, and I know your intention was to see if others had similar experiences but unfortunately some people seem more interested in disproving your findings than reporting their own experiences.

What does it matter what frame rate is with iptv your saving money and getting to watch football basketball baseball ect that's not shown on the likes of sly beeetv vm ect so would it matter if 720 or uhd or fhd or not

I think it should mean a lot to some as some including myself are happy to pay extra if it means sporting events are the highest resolution and framerate. But if said sporting events just get lowered to the res and quality of other providers that are half the price then why pay more to begin with.

The old IPTV as we knew it was blown away by the Xtream codes busts last year. Its a game of two halves and the truth is all IPTV service providers are still rebuilding. What we understood pre bust is now irrelevant. Boardman has asked a question that no one can answer. His gear and connections are sound. Truth is all IPTV sellers are actually resellers. The Premier League’s blocking injunction only covered the UK and not the R.O.I, so servers were moved to Dublin, which could not be subject to a DDOS attack. But then existing servers were protected by Cloudflare, so many are now back on mainland UK. The only ISP's who are actually policing the injunction have interests in live sport streaming. Then we have the problem of VPNs :sick:

The old IPTV as we knew it was blown away by the Xtream codes busts last year. Its a game of two halves and the truth is all IPTV service providers are still rebuilding. What we understood pre bust is now irrelevant. Boardman has asked a question that no one can answer. His gear and connections are sound. Truth is all IPTV sellers are actually resellers. The Premier League’s blocking injunction only covered the UK and not the R.O.I, so servers were moved to Dublin, which could not be subject to a DDOS attack. But then existing servers were protected by Cloudflare, so many are now back on mainland UK. The only ISP's who are actually policing the injunction have interests in live sport streaming. Then we have the problem of VPNs :sick:

a lot of what you say is untrue,,
no one can say fir sure the servers are all in the UK, or indeed the ROI, only a fool would think that TBH,
no one knows his gear and connections are sound, who has verified this.? speed and bandwidth are 2 different animals
where has he stated PL ? my bike racing is still fine, WSBK BSB and motoGP , all valid sporting events
we actually have the problem of the OP saying he has a bad provider with absolutely no evidence whatsoever

The resellers on here have no clue where their source is coming from they are just panel beaters and they will know why I call them that :LOL:
They are very easy to spot using Xenforo.

The servers that the torrent sites use are the same servers that stream IPTV. The fastest way to connect to the torrent sites is via cyberghost VPN and the fastest server to the UK is based in Douglas on the Isle of Man. Why?. Because the court injunction used to attack the servers with DDOs only covers the UK during live play which covers other sporting events. All of the servers in the UK will use cloudflare or similar whereas Dublin as an EU country is not obliged to yet. The I.O.M is a crown dependency which means they obey nobodys injunctions now or in future. I clicked :ROFLMAO: on your post Steptoe because I am laughing at what you don't know. :sick:

1580717596859.png

For just 10p to 30p per day that is what your paying, I don't know what you expect. If you don't like it go to sly. Am sure they would love to take 100 a month of you. And receive far less than you get for your cheap iptv sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back