Dishonest IPTV sellers and their tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For just 10p to 30p per day that is what your paying, I don't know what you expect. If you don't like it go to sly. Am sure they would love to take 100 a month of you. And receive far less than you get for your cheap iptv sub.

All the usual claptrap that gets peddled by iptv providers and their cling ons! "No iptv is 100%, its great for what you pay, go and pay sky and bt prices if you don't like it..." The OP is clear what he expects - he expects the quality of streams at all times from the service he was sold. The product that is advertised. What he signed up for.

It's not a product. And he didn't sign anything, he's stealing tv channels from another person who stole them before him.
Anyone who expects what you suggest is an idiot, but I suppose you're no different from all the others who claim their service is completely flawless 100% of the time, utter bullsquirt

All the usual claptrap that gets peddled by iptv providers and their cling ons! "No iptv is 100%, its great for what you pay, go and pay sky and bt prices if you don't like it..." The OP is clear what he expects - he expects the quality of streams at all times from the service he was sold. The product that is advertised. What he signed up for.
You can't even get sly or cable to be 100%, so stop talking from your backside.

You can't even get sly or cable to be 100%, so stop talking from your backside.

I didn't say you could, I said that that was one of several common bs lines trotted out by iptv providers when the service they sell falls below the standard that they promise their customers.

a lot of what you say is untrue,,
no one can say fir sure the servers are all in the UK, or indeed the ROI, only a fool would think that TBH,
no one knows his gear and connections are sound, who has verified this.? speed and bandwidth are 2 different animals
where has he stated PL ? my bike racing is still fine, WSBK BSB and motoGP , all valid sporting events
we actually have the problem of the OP saying he has a bad provider with absolutely no evidence whatsoever

Nobody knows my connection is sound no it's just my word but why would I need to lie? I am more than qualified enough to know the difference between a bad provider and a bad internet connection. The fact some of you are completely ignoring the fact I have told you that this only happens in peak times on big events and channels run back to being smooth once the events are done just boggles the mind. I've told you it's been tested from more than one location across several connections and even verified by others with the same provider yet still some of you think it's just me and my connection "WOW" ...

Also, do you honestly believe that a small fan-based event like MotoGP is comparable to large events such as football? come on now it's not rocket science to assume which uses more bandwidth on a server.

For just 10p to 30p per day that is what your paying, I don't know what you expect. If you don't like it go to sly. Am sure they would love to take 100 a month of you. And receive far less than you get for your cheap iptv sub.

Well I am paying more than that and I could not get Sly if I wanted to ..

The OP was creating a chat about the tricks/untruths that can come with IPTV. I don't see why everyone has jumped on his back so quickly!
We all know the risks, we all know that it gets slower/worse picture the more people use it etc - but the truth is we don't ALL know. Some people may hear about IPTV from someone, find a supplier and not get what they thought it was going to be. That's a fact...

IPTV isn't sly, bt or vm as stated. It is ALOT cheaper, and the quality is not as good (especially for busy sporting events), but it CAN sometimes be advertised as the opposite.

I don't think the OP is slating anyone here, or IPTV in general. Just trying to state the above and maybe start a conversation of new things to look out for?

Nobody knows my connection is sound no it's just my word but why would I need to lie? I am more than qualified enough to know the difference between a bad provider and a bad internet connection. The fact some of you are completely ignoring the fact I have told you that this only happens in peak times on big events and channels run back to being smooth once the events are done just boggles the mind. I've told you it's been tested from more than one location across several connections and even verified by others with the same provider yet still some of you think it's just me and my connection "WOW" ...

Also, do you honestly believe that a small fan-based event like MotoGP is comparable to large events such as football? come on now it's not rocket science to assume which uses more bandwidth on a server.

To be clear I don't doubt your experience nor am I looking to place blame at your feet

But you said in an earlier post that it's probably not even noticeable by most users :unsure:
And you only 'discovered' this by using the software you mentioned above.
So it's not noticeable but you think it's a dirty trick?

But you said in an earlier post that it's probably not even noticeable by most users :unsure:

Correct - which is why I want users to be aware.

And you only 'discovered' this by using the software you mentioned above.

I spotted this because on my 4K monitor the pic goes from OK to complete potato, so I investigated.

So it's not noticeable but you think it's a dirty trick?

It is noticeable to some of those effected (obviously I cannot speak for all but I want to make others aware) and the fact it is denied then yeah I call it a dirty trick.

It's not though because most don't see it so are unaware it's happened.
Trying to make others aware of something they don't notice is a bit of a waste of time don't you think?

It's not though because most don't see it so are unaware it's happened.
Trying to make others aware of something they don't notice is a bit of a waste of time don't you think?

So you speak for everyone now? that's it thread closed, pabloescaban has spoke.

I think many resellers have an agenda and anyone who dare speak down on any problems that could be expected from IPTV then expect said agendas to start becoming noticeable via the way some react to rational forum posts created to try help others and not to bash them ..

After all this is a forum is it not? or is it an IPTV retail commerce site.

Last edited:

I think many resellers have an agenda and anyone who dare speak down on any problems that could be expected from IPTV then expect said agendas to start becoming noticeable via the way some react to rational forum posts created to try help others and not to bash them ..

If you could point out what you've actually done to notice these sudden drops in streams quality me personally never noticed not fuseed as saving £££ each month and on which boxes devices apps ect then I bet people would check but reverts back to my other posts that could be the source provider who provides the streams to top then obviously goes to re sellers sub resellers end users if you did a poll/survey how many would actually be bothered if was downscale or not providers will offer fhd ect so not false advertising as they buy the streams from a source who can do what they like with streams

If you could point out what you've actually done to notice these sudden drops in streams quality

I think we already established that a few pages back.

Maybe people care maybe they don’t either way at least it is out there now, even if some of the panelbeaters have become upset by it.

I think we already established that a few pages back.

Maybe people care maybe they don’t either way at least it is out there now, even if some of the panelbeaters have become upset by it.
Could possibly be the case your provider could be switching to sd/HD for bandwidth purposes

Disagree, think it's just the way you have started the thread. You are accusing people of being dishonest and using tricks. With little evidence to back this up other than drop in quality of a channel. Not mentioned how many times or over what period (apologies if I missed it) and as others have said most likely down to the source of the stream. To be clear I'm not defending this at all or saying that you shouldn't be annoyed by this. If this is happening a lot the provider should be speaking with the source of streams to resolve or looking at better options for sourcing. Could also be the provider doing it to save on bandwidth, no way to know I don't think.

I agree with Pupuqiop in that you have paid for a service and that you should get what you thought you were paying for.

If you really want a thread that helps other users let's try the below.....

Pros of IPTV
1) Miles cheaper than legit sub
2) Way more content (channels, 3pm football, VOD)
3) More accessible
4) Can use a variety of apps and devices

Cons of IPTV
1) 100% uptime on any channel or service in general is not guaranteed
2) Providers/sellers can do a runner
3) Overloaded servers
4) VPN required in some instances
5) Downscaling of content

Users have jumped down Boardman's throat and have now found they have picked on the wrong guy and it's funny as hell. :LOL:
He asked a legitimate question or two and because some of you have been here a long time you thought you would give him a hard time because he is new here.
I see it a lot on other forums and it is very negative and unprofessional when grown men respond this way. Its like when you walk in a pub and a cliquey group of the locals stare at you. Behave :LOL:

I can tell he is a techy savvy guy and you lot are getting yourselves torn up for arsepaper. He will be a great credit to Techkings once he finds his way around and at the moment he is swatting you all like flies. I'm loving it and so is he. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back