Do I need cable broadband?

Broadband provider is irrelevant but you do need a feed coming into your house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need a live feed from virgin.
Vm broadband will be fine.
No other provider will work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Up until now I have been using a sat box but VM has just been installed in my street. I was thinking of getting the cheapest TV package with VM to get the feed into my house, but my broadband is still with BT. Do I need VM broadband as well or will my BT broadband work?

Yeah that'll work. Doesn't matter who your broadband is with as long as you have a live virgin feed which you'll get with the minimum tv package.

bband feed is relevant, if its vm then he has a feed

Not if he's going to get the TV package.

He doesn't need broadband from them, he just needs a live feed, which the TV will give him.

How does it work? Live feed plugs into my cable box and broadband is connected with Ethernet? Excuse my ignorance I've only used sat boxes up until now

Well that's obviously an option. But the question was does he need virgin broadband.

Well that's obviously an option. But the question was does he need virgin broadband.

If I can make this simple, I have vm bband only. Using a splitter and a Zgemma H2 combo I can get a tv package without subbing to a tv package, its the same feed

Yes, but he may (and turns out he is) be tied into a broadband contract already... so he doesn't need broadband from them to get a connection as long as he has something.

I understand I only need one feed, but as I already have broadband with BT, and the cheapest TV package is cheaper than the cheapest broadband package with VM it makes sense to go this way

I understand I only need one feed, but as I already have broadband with BT, and the cheapest TV package is cheaper than the cheapest broadband package it makes sense to do it this way

Doesn't change the fact that he's tied into a contract with another broadband provider though...

Doesn't change the fact that he's tied into a contract with another broadband provider though...

the point being it will be cheaper to take a bband only package as a new customer than the tv package and a TiVo box, which btw he might not get. Its possible that they will only give him the v6 box. So my thoughts are that his bband package with bt along with vm bband may well be cheaper than your option, that's all

Do I have to have a live VM feed? I've got VM broadband at the moment and everything is working fine, but I'm thinking of getting BT broadband, will I still be able to get the TV feed from the old cables if I switch to BT or do I have to have some kind of a live feed?

Do I have to have a live VM feed? I've got VM broadband at the moment and everything is working fine, but I'm thinking of getting BT broadband, will I still be able to get the TV feed from the old cables if I switch to BT or do I have to have some kind of a live feed?
The only way of granteeing a feed is to have one service from them. If you only have bb and switch to bt they may disconnect you in the cabinet. If your lucky and your cabinet is not oversubscribed they might leave you connected.

Back