Enigma2 IPTV auto-reconnect

claktv

Hello all, wondering if there’s any solution to this.

Using OpenATV, every so often I get kicked from my IPTV server due to an unchangeable setting on my supplier’s XC panel. It usually happens after around 2 hours, giving me a black screen in which I have to channel up/down to reconnect. Using e2m3u2bouquet. It’s a pain as I leave the TV on in the background.

Is there any setting I can change or plugin to use that will re-connect the stream if I am booted from the server? The mag boxes do this fine.

Much appreciated

Its not a zgemma trait as my box disnt do it after 2hrs of watching iptv have a word with your supplier as i got told off my old supplier for iptv that it was down to server after 6hrs of inactivity the server stops your bandwidth as it thinks there's inactivity on your line even a drop in speed of your broadband or freeze can affect your stream

Hello all, wondering if there’s any solution to this.

Using OpenATV, every so often I get kicked from my IPTV server due to an unchangeable setting on my supplier’s XC panel. It usually happens after around 2 hours, giving me a black screen in which I have to channel up/down to reconnect. Using e2m3u2bouquet. It’s a pain as I leave the TV on in the background.

Is there any setting I can change or plugin to use that will re-connect the stream if I am booted from the server? The mag boxes do this fine.

Much appreciated
You can try this plugin
oottppxx/enigma2

Its not a zgemma trait as my box disnt do it after 2hrs of watching iptv have a word with your supplier as i got told off my old supplier for iptv that it was down to server after 6hrs of inactivity the server stops your bandwidth as it thinks there's inactivity on your line even a drop in speed of your broadband or freeze can affect your stream

I think it is something to do with the server kicking me out after so long. I also get issues with channels stuttering when I first zap to them on e2. With the MAG, a message comes up mentioning 'continuous playback' occasionally - my provider has apparently changed the setting to 8 hours in the (buggy) panel, but it's still happening way more often than that.

Will try the plugin hedges2016 suggested as well, thanks.

Thanks. But I was told that on here not by my supplier. Sorry if I have given out the wrong info

You have to play around with the settings, start by increasing the Consecutive Probes Threshold.

Here are my settings:
Poll interval: 1
RX Queue Threshold: 1024
Consecutive Probes Threshold: 15

It will depend a lot on your connection to your provider, so some fiddling is required.

Reactions: x 5
You have to play around with the settings, start by increasing the Consecutive Probes Threshold.

Here are my settings:
Poll interval: 1
RX Queue Threshold: 1024
Consecutive Probes Threshold: 15

It will depend a lot on your connection to your provider, so some fiddling is required.
Thanks, seems fine now but I’m not speaking too soon :)

Great, let us know how it goes in the long term, please.
I've been playing with it the last few nights and I'm quite impressed. I've been waiting for something like this for enigma2 for ages. I've found channels no longer buffer and stutter but just reset now.

Thanks oottppxx for your hard work on it! Can I ask what each settings actually does?

I’m saying nothing but I’ve had the same channel on for ages with no issues. Increased the value from 15 to 20. Great work! Many thanks

Same as oottppxx but with the consecutive probes threshold set to 20. I don’t know what they actually do in real terms.

regards
Thanks mate. Me either so have set same as oottppxx too. Am getting a few resets tonight so trying upping the probes threshold to 20 :)

I've been playing with it the last few nights and I'm quite impressed. I've been waiting for something like this for enigma2 for ages. I've found channels no longer buffer and stutter but just reset now.

Thanks oottppxx for your hard work on it! Can I ask what each settings actually does?

Glad you like it.

The settings are as follows:

Enable: True/False... this one should be obvious, if True, it enables the plugin functionality, if False, it disables it, so it won't restart any stream or try to check anything, really.

Poll interval: this is the number of seconds before taking each sample of the network values. Controls how often we look at network values of RX Queue.

RX Queue Threshold: this is a bit more complicated to understand; for each established TCP connection in the box (across all services, so it isn't fool proof), it sums up the value of the RX queue in the respective network sockets; if you run "netstat -atn" on the command line, you'll see all listening TCP sockets and any TCP session that is established or was torn down; we sum the value under Recv-Q (receive queue) of the established ones; if the value of the sum is under the threshold at each poll, we count it as a failed probe; if the value of the sum is above, it's a good probe. This value controls how we judge if the network/service is broken vs not, and is highly dependent of your service providers (both for internet and for IPTV).

Consecutive Probes Threshold: this indicates after how many consecutive failed probes/samples we reset the current service and try to reconnect; so, together with the poll interval, it will give us a total time that the network needs to be broken (according to the RX Queue criteria above) after which we reset the service. If we keep the poll interval at the minimum of 1, it basically gives us the number of seconds during which the network needs to be broken for the reset to happen, but if the poll interval is 2 (the default), then you double that time, of course... Poll intervall x Consecutive Probes Threshold = minimum time we take to reset the service.

Ignore Strings: basically, if the current service matches one of the strings, we don't consider resetting; m3u8 streams are done via a lot of short lived TCP connections, so it's pointless to try and measure those (although we could); this plugin is more effective for TS/MPEG-TS services which are handled by a long lived connection, so we ignore m3u8 services. If you're watching VOD or catchup, it's typically an mp4 or mkv service, and if we reset it most often restarts from the beginning, so we avoid resetting those too... typically you can go back and forward or have other means of resetting VOD/catchup anyway...

Debug: like in most of my plugins, if True this will create a /tmp/<plugin>-debug.log file that will be updated with debug information... You can see it in real time by setting it to True and running "tail -f /tmp/bigmac-debug.log" on the box; under normal operation (if not fine tuning the values or debugging an issue), it's better to leave it set as False.

That's it, feel free to ask any questions.

As I think I've said (if not here, in Telegram), the plugin is a bit of a hack, but can be handy, and certainly saves zapping around to restart stuff (you can also use my ReStart plugin and bind it via hotkey to manually restart services, for example m3u8 ones, via 1 key press, without zapping, of course).

Thanks for the informative reply oottppxx (y)

Just out of interest what has people got there service ref set to? DVB, 4097 etc

I prefer 1/DVB whenever possible, handled by the box default player (not Exteplayer3 via serviceapp); when not possible or there are issues, then I generally pick 5002/Exteplayer3 (default serviceapp setup); for some tests, 4097/IPTV (again, via default player, I don't mess with serviceapp settings).

Reactions: r0b
Back