Enigma2 IPTV auto-reconnect

You'll always need to experiment a bit, but I'd say that for restart delay, you should lower it significantly, I have mine at 0, some folks use 1 to 5... Depends a bit on the type of failure, a bit less on the stream type/player. For the GUI Check, again the default is OK for me (Channels ignore), but as seen from the feature discussion, you might need to go with "Channels postpone" - then try navigating the bouquet list while a stream is stuck to make sure the restarts are avoided, then exit the bouquet without zapping away and make sure the plugin resumes restarting the stream - all of this is better judged if you're actively monitoring the debug file with debug turned on, so you have a clear view of the plugin behaviour.

Hi @oottppxx just wanted to say thanks mate. Ive been going through the same issues as everyone else above having to go up and down the channels everytime the channel dropped out and after downloading your Quarterpounder plugin the service is near enough perfect now. Great work

Hi,

I had looked around but can not find the guide how to setup and install on enigma2 box ?
I have vu+ solo4k receiver with openpli 8.0.

Thanks

Hi,

I had looked around but can not find the guide how to setup and install on enigma2 box ?
I have vu+ solo4k receiver with openpli 8.0.

Thanks
Download IPK file to box, use the menus to install local packages?

From the command line, assuming you downloaded the latest version IPK to /tmp:

opkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0u.ipk

Download IPK file to box, use the menus to install local packages?

From the command line, assuming you downloaded the latest version IPK to /tmp:

Getting this error ?

Collected errors:
* open_outer: Failed to open package '/tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0u.ipk': Unrecognized archive format
* open_outer: Failed to open package '/tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0u.ipk': Unrecognized archive format
* pkg_extract_control_file_to_stream: Failed to extract control.tar.* from package '/tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0u.ipk'.
* pkg_init_from_file: Failed to extract control file from /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0u.ipk.
root@vusolo4k:/tmp#

Thanks for your support..

Getting this error ?

Collected errors:
* pkg_extract_control_file_to_stream: Failed to extract control.tar.* from package '/tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0u.ipk'.
* pkg_init_from_file: Failed to extract control file from /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0u.ipk.

You can try this if you have the ipk file FTP'd using filezilla into the /tmp directory of your box ->

In "Main Menu / Plugins / Software management / Install local extension"

then choose the location of your file.

** Remember to click on the file name so that a tick appears before it. **

Getting this error ?

Collected errors:

You probably didn't download the right file - try downloading/copying again (from the URL below), or directly installing via opkg from web:
opkg install https://github.com/oottppxx/enigma2/raw/master/plugins/quarterpounder/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0u.ipk

Hi oottppxx

I just thought it wasnt working as I disconnected the network cable for a minute on a stream, plugged it back in and it didnt restart.

I've just tested and the evStart does display on zapping to a new channel.
I have just tried the quarter pounder reconnect plugin on my open vix vu zero and it works ok
I didn't change anything and tried it on an unstable .ts stream and it restarted every time
Thanks for the plugin I've been trying to solve this problem for a long time.
Thanks 👍

Yes, I see the file there, but how do I download a copy?
if you copy the http address to your web browser it will download the file, onto your computer, you can copy it onto a usb drive , to install onto your box.

if you have access to a command line you can use the whole command to install the ipk directly, need a bit more info on what image you are using to help more.

Back