Euro 2020 Predictions/Chat

Wales through and will face Denmark, Finland, Russia or Belgium.

Think it will be between Denmark and Finland if I'm being honest.

Both would be very tough games for Wales but hope they can win next weekend.

Italy undefeated in 30 Games. Not conceded a goal in 10. Crazy stats...

Proper team all round. Really good in all areas.

Have to say they are the most impressive team thus far and seem the team to beat.

6ac44a44-0267-4522-b077-570db81efdbf.png

Think it will be between Denmark and Finland if I'm being honest.

Both would be very tough games for Wales but hope they can win next weekend.

Yeah highly unlikely Finland will beat Belgium.

Wales have definitely good a good chance in the last 16. With it looking likely England will be playing Germany or France in the next round, they're may well trump us for the second Euro's in a row!

Yeah highly unlikely Finland will beat Belgium.

Wales have definitely good a good chance in the last 16. With it looking likely England will be playing Germany or France in the next round, they're may well trump us for the second Euro's in a row!

England are better off finishing second tomorrow and putting out a complete different team.

At least then they may miss the big guns.

England are better off finishing second tomorrow and putting out a complete different team.

Makes a lot more sense for England to finish 2nd in the group, so the match with the czechs looks good for a draw 0-0 or 1-1, I'm going for 1-1.

It does make sense for England to finish 2nd.

However there is a good chance they could still meet Germany/France in the quarters if they win their last 16 game. Also some mentality that is let’s throw games because we’re scared of everyone lol

England’s record in knockout stages is pretty bleak. Here’s there record since 66. Hardly knocked out any giants in 55 years lol

• Paraguay, 1986 World Cup
  • 1-0 v Belgium AET, 1990 World Cup
  • 3-2 v Cameroon AET, 1990 World Cup
  • 0-0 v Spain (4-2 on pens), 1996 Euros
  • 3-0 v Denmark, 2002 World Cup
  • 1-0 v Ecuador, 2006 World Cup
  • 0-0 Colombia, (Pens) 2018 World Cup
  • 2-0 Sweden, 2018 World Cup

Last edited:

However there is a good chance they could still meet Germany/France in the quarters if they win their last 16 game.

Going back to England I’ve noticed in their history with the exception of 66 If I’m not mistaken they haven’t beat a single decent side in any knockout stage of the Euros or World Cup. Couple of good wins but nothing Major… Spain 96 on Pens, Belgium 1990. It’s not like we’ve ever knocked out Italy, Germany, France, Portugal etc in a knockout stage.

Lack of quality mostly but more importantly the mentality of getting past the big teams in major tournaments its where England have severely lacked.

Finishing second, drawing, looking for easier teams in the next round, it's a total disgrace!
England should play to win EVERY GAME they are representing millions of fans, club and country.
Any player found to not be giving 110% for the cause should be locked up in the Tower Of London for a week and fed on bread and water!
:laughing::laughing:

However there is a good chance they could still meet Germany/France in the quarters if they win their last 16 game. Also some mentality that is let’s throw games because we’re scared of everyone lol

England’s record in knockout stages is pretty bleak. Here’s there record since 66. Hardly knocked out any giants in 55 years lol

• Paraguay, 1986 World Cup
  • 1-0 v Belgium AET, 1990 World Cup
  • 3-2 v Cameroon AET, 1990 World Cup
  • 0-0 v Spain (4-2 on pens), 1996 Euros
  • 3-0 v Denmark, 2002 World Cup
  • 1-0 v Ecuador, 2006 World Cup
  • 0-0 Colombia, (Pens) 2018 World Cup
  • 2-0 Sweden, 2018 World Cup
Cant see that changing much in this tournament, if they finish 2nd and say for instance play Sweden in the first knock out round, then its a 50/50 game, but a quarter final agains a France or a Germany, Portugal awaits them and that will be tough for this current England team, I dont care whether England wins or not, but I do think the team needs a bit of tinkering with, just like Bobby Robson did in 1986 in Mexico, quite a few changes were made for the final group game against Poland and it gave them direction and a new lease of life, and in the end up were very unlucky against Argentina in the quarters, I think they were a better team in 1990 and again a few changes came in for the knock out rounds, mainly David Platt, and again were very unlucky in the semi final to lose on pens.

Makes a lot more sense for England to finish 2nd in the group, so the match with the czechs looks good for a draw 0-0 or 1-1, I'm going for 1-1.

Got to respectfully disagree fellas. If we win the group we'd have home advantage in the last 16. As @TheSource said we'll have to play one of these big guns in the quarters anyway but that would be on neutral territory. I reckon we're better off playing either France or Germany at Wembley. We're gonna have to knock one of them out if we want to make the semi's either way.

Got to respectfully disagree fellas. If we win the group we'd have home advantage in the last 16. As @TheSource said we'll have to play one of these big guns in the quarters anyway but that would be on neutral territory. I reckon we're better off playing either France or Germany at Wembley. We're gonna have to knock one of them out if we want to make the semi's either way.

Ye that's a good point.

Can't duck the big boys be it earlier on or very late in the tournament.

Personally I would give grealish, Sancho and Bellingham and even rashford game time to start tomorrow but what do I know lol

It gets to the point if Southgate does rest players etc and play for the draw that he probably just wants to last a bit longer in the tournament then actually win it. So negative. Also a lot are talking about England throwing the game even if they wanted to beat Czech they would probably struggle anyway. Czech have a superb record in the Euros.

So....Mount and Chilwell self isolating up to and including Monday.

That's potentially gives even more incentive to win tonight. If we finish runners up we'll play on Monday without them. If we win the group we'll play Tuesday with them. Chilwell probably won't play anyway bout Mount is an important player in this side. If we do win the group and he's available, I wonder if Southgate will play him as he won't have been able to train with the rest of the squad.

Trust England. It's almost as if they go out looking for ways to **** up!

It gets to the point if Southgate does rest players etc and play for the draw that he probably just wants to last a bit longer in the tournament then actually win it. So negative. Also a lot are talking about England throwing the game even if they wanted to beat Czech they would probably struggle anyway. Czech have a superb record in the Euros.
Well we all know England are not good enough to "throw" any game so those talking about it are clutching at straws or talking bollocks.
We (England) have qualified for the last 16 stage so tonight give the guys who haven't played a game yet and definitely rest Kane he's knackered.

I’m calling it. England win tonight. France beat Portugal and Hungary beat Germany and England will face Hungary in the last 16. 😂😂

Back