Failed to tune ABM

Are you in NI too mickyc1, it is a strange one as I have no problems with the channels that satgaz is unable to get, What i did notice was that on my local bouquet, some of the channels dont work but on the all channels and entertainment bouquets the same channels are working fine.

Are you in NI too mickyc1, it is a strange one as I have no problems with the channels that satgaz is unable to get, What i did notice was that on my local bouquet, some of the channels dont work but on the all channels and entertainment bouquets the same channels are working fine.
Are you using same network id? 000021

From what I can gather 3 of us are on the same net id, but with different problems, I have done several ABM scans and a few manual scans and it didnt make a difference.

sounds like the same issue I posted about a couple ago, on my dual tuner recievers my net id is not the one you guys have trouble with though i.e: 00021 , but i've got the same issue with scans failing using OpenATV 6.2 and ABM 3.1. I noticed updated provider files were available today for ABM, but they still havent fixed the issue. I think there might have been some frequency changes, I cant find channels anymore uisng the previous default frequency and net ID for my area.

My ABM log shows:

TUNING FAILED FATAL

Last edited:
So an automatic scan in service searching returned over 600 channels. BBC 1 NI HD clears as does UTV from this scan. I’m scratching my head as to why ABM is acting up.

Try rebooting box and router as your signal might be low and rescan,i find clicking on a n/a it will rename it.

So an automatic scan in service searching returned over 600 channels. BBC 1 NI HD clears as does UTV from this scan. I’m scratching my head as to why ABM is acting up.

Can you find a working vm box and recheck your netid as abm will fail if that info channel has moved position?

Check your all channel for tp and frequency and see it it matches your non working ones in abm?

What about updating to 6.2, then try again. I cant understand why yourself and satgaz are not getting the channels, as I said earlier I have only lost Sky sports mix hd, tried most of the day to get it back but no joy, I know satgaz is getting that channel, not sure if you are or not.

If abm says error your area has changed something,was your abm removed from plugins and downloaded fresh copy from plugins and does scan now work?

OK chaps, I believe I have fixed the issue for my particular case, I discovered from a legit box that my frequency was "411" and I needed "QAM 256", symbol rate 6952.
If I run a manual scan on my Zgemma using the above setting I find channels. So I looked at the ABM config file in the location below:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

I edited the file : cable_uk_virgin.xml

I changed the settings in the above file on the line for my net id to match the above(the file had the wrong sttings they must have chnaged), the important bit is in the modulation field it will be "3" this is because ABM uses QAM64 by default, I read the documentation and found out changing modulation to "5" is QAM256.

saved the file uploaded it back the box, restarted the box, Ran a ABM scan...and Boom...back in business .. In short it looks like virgin may have stopped usong the QAM64 settings in my area and swithced to QAM256 and a different frequency/symbol rate. ABM config files have not been updated for my NET ID yet.

Back