Failed to tune ABM

For the ABM provider files to be updated, someone has to provide the data. If 00001 was updated, and someone in 00002 has a similar issue, updating it will not change things for them. Just because provider file is updated, it does not mean your area has had details changed. You can check on Git on following links

The commit log for the UK Virgin file is here
https://github.com/oe-alliance/Auto...toBouquetsMaker/providers/cable_uk_virgin.xml

The recent changes by Virgin are that they are killing off frequrncies using 6887 symbol rates and those with QAM64 modulation.

If you want to provide the details so that the ABM fiile is updated, the process should be as follows:

Clear all cable services
Up (next to OK) > Green (satellites/extended) > Highlight Cable services > menu > removes services. Restart to make sure.

Set all Cable tuners to Virgin All systems. It does not matter what NetID you use in tuner config.

Perform a non-abm scan. Use manual, not automatic. Make sure you select complete. See the screenshot if unsure.

Once the scan has completed, check what the details are for "Virgin TV Highlights", "Virgin Movies and store". Most skins will show you the details. Picture attached.

Qam 64 = Modulation 3
Qam 256 = Modulation 5

EDIT:
To avoid ambiguity, please post a screenshot showing the frequency with the following channels: We can get the details from your screenshot. Also say what your NetID is.

DO NOT SHOW YOUR SERVER DETAILS

Virgin TV Highlights
Virgin TV for Newbies
Virgin Movies and Store

EDIT:
If you have an ABM version that is less than 3.1 and you are not able to update the config/provider file, you can download a recent version of ABM from here
http://www.techkings.org/threads/new-abm-3-0-3-1.141851/#post-888027

There is also a shortened provider file that has the remaining areas changed so that you can use ABM before the main file is updated.

Cable tuner config.jpg

manual scan 2.jpg

movies and store.jpg

Last edited:
I just updated my ABM confit file after seeing it had been changed for my area and reran ABM and its working again.

It’s good to know how to diagnose and fix this in future, thank you Abu!

i have the same problem this morning.
got an ABM config update, ran rescan and it said it coudn't (failed to tune on tuner b)
i'm fully up to date (ABM 3.1, infinitiy 6.2 etc).

i'm on the glasgow net id (00002).
what do i need to do to get it working again?

i have the same problem this morning.
got an ABM config update, ran rescan and it said it coudn't (failed to tune on tuner b)
i'm fully up to date (ABM 3.1, infinitiy 6.2 etc).

i'm on the glasgow net id (00002).
what do i need to do to get it working again?
Hi, look up at Abu's comment. He has explained everything you need to do

i'm not comfortable doing whatever is required on github (they say to ask someone here to to do it?)

also, those channels are blacked out on my provider, so i doubt i could even supply the details?

edit... my "Virgin TV for Newbies" shows 643 MHz 6952000 3/4 QAM256

Last edited:
it's not a "problem" with ABM.
virgin have changed their end, thus ABM needs config file updates to take this into account.

Well I sorted my problems that I was having , mainly a few missing channels out earlier without having to change settings as mentioned earlier in this thread, simply an ABM scan done the job today, as for the last few days , it hadn't made a difference when doing it.

you were having a different issue.
this issue is not about some channels being missing. it's about ABM not being able to do a channel rescan.

ABM will need to update their config files as and when each netid is changed.

What about post 2862 in whooshbuild infinity thread saying set up for cable uk is now working again, so I am assuming the small change made in ABM had been fixed, so i re scanned in ABM and my missing channels were back, ok maybe I was having a different issue, but I thought the problems with it were linked.

must have been a different issue.
virgin have changed their frequencies for channel scanning for various areas (i have counted 4 or 5 areas so far).
each one needs ABM to update at their end (or the end-user can manually edit the XML file to fix).

I came on this thread yesterday to try and help the two guys with the same net id as myself, I couldn't understand how they were not able to scan in ABM and that I was , slightly different problems, yes, but I see they have fixed their problem now, so thats the main thing.

Bad day to wipe vix and try whoosh for the first time, at least seeing this I know it’s not something I’ve done wrong!

i'm not comfortable doing whatever is required on github (they say to ask someone here to to do it?)

also, those channels are blacked out on my provider, so i doubt i could even supply the details?

edit... my "Virgin TV for Newbies" shows 643 MHz 6952000 3/4 QAM256

Ftp usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Save a copy of the original cable_uk_virgin.xml

Edit the xml file on box with a compatible text editor ie notepad +++

Edit line 8 here https://github.com/oe-alliance/Auto...ouquetsMaker/providers/cable_uk_virgin.xml#L8

Change symbol_rate to "6952000" and modulation to "5" close and save then delete the providers cache in providers folder and rescan ABM.

What about post 2862 in whooshbuild infinity thread saying set up for cable uk is now working again, so I am assuming the small change made in ABM had been fixed, so i re scanned in ABM and my missing channels were back, ok maybe I was having a different issue, but I thought the problems with it were linked.
The issue with wooshbuild infinity was a separate issue python code had changed in ABM so wooshman needed to change his install. Abu updated provider file for your area at the same time so that was just a coincidence.

Bad day to wipe vix and try whoosh for the first time, at least seeing this I know it’s not something I’ve done wrong!
What netid are you using?

Can you follow this post http://www.techkings.org/threads/failed-to-tune-abm.144448/page-4#post-913217

Show screen shots of each page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ftp usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Save a copy of the original cable_uk_virgin.xml

Edit the xml file on box with a compatible text editor ie notepad +++

Edit line 8 here https://github.com/oe-alliance/Auto...ouquetsMaker/providers/cable_uk_virgin.xml#L8

Change symbol_rate to "6952000" and modulation to "5" close and save then delete the providers cache in providers folder and rescan ABM.
tried this and still getting the same problem

Back