Formuler z8 worth it?

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Thinking of buying this box. I have read that informir are going after blocking there my iptv app on here or something? Is this all true? Not sure I wanna spend £130 for a door stop when it/if it happens?

Thinking of buying this box. I have read that informir are going after blocking there my iptv app on here or something? Is this all true? Not sure I wanna spend £130 for a door stop when it/if it happens?
some mag boxs have bin block not Formuler z8 m8

Last edited:
I’ve read on here somewhere that informir we’re going with a team to stop formuler boxes. I can’t see the post now but it was on here. I knew some mag boxes were blocked. I just read that imformir we’re going to help block other boxes as they maybe going into legal tv streaming apps

I have not seen this, But if they did block there Mytv app you can still use all the other iptv apps that's out there, I think iptv smarter Pro is better than there own app anyway

I have used myiptv app for a year.
I think it's a nice touch, probably why
I actually bought z7+ to be honest.
Yes the EPG was iffy. But much better than it was.

Definately not worth its asking price , your basically paying £130 for a good live tv app thats installed on a really basic box with cheap hardware.The box itself ( to be fair am talking about Z7 , but the issues that box had haven't been addressed on Z8 as far as I am told) doesn't run VOD very well , believe me , if "mytv" app was available on other boxes ( not even expensive ones ) , nobody would be buying the Z series.

The faults on z7+ are not as bad imo.
Having used it for over a year. Yes it had its issues. The biggest concern is the remote control. It was definitely an afterthought.. more temoromental than my daughter not user friendly
A back light would of been great.
I did contact formuler. As usual my concerns fell upon deaf ears..
One drop it ended upon myself doing surgery on the remote. I have soldered 14 so far . Were not talking children throwing the remote . 1 singular drop.

Myiptv app is very good. Android side handled kodi ok . Not brilliant..

Formuler z8 still has the same remote
Before I buy one. I would like to use it and give it a trial..But as It stands not a chance. £130 is a little steep for a box with no reviews.. I even offered to buy one off a sponcer. And trial.it. write an honest review.That was dismissed..

At £130 , your creeping towards "Shield and Apple TV " territory , those boxes s/w and h/w are on a completely different level to the "Z" box.

who needs a record function these days tho ? Movies and TV Shows we all watch on demand (vod) and most IPTV subs do 7 day catch up .
I have a couple of sticks on bedroom TV's but its no good for a lounge tv.

I need a record function as I work away and comes in useful occasionally, I have a 4k B&O TV.. I still cant see the picture any better..

Back