GigaBlue Dcolor GD1 Giga TV Mediaplayer Stick 4K PRO Review

I not sure what you mean.
I have an uncertified device running AOS 11 with no UK stockists and can install any of the UK streaming apps from the playstore. The playstores detect regions not where the device was manufactured.
I suspect those apps wont support 1080p 4k etc ?

Is that running Android tv or mobile? I know that bbc iplayer does not show up in the google play store for the tivo stream for example. I never tried side loading the android tv version on it though.

I think, but am not 100% sure, the chromecast and shield may be the only certified android tv devices that have bbc iPlayer.

If you need All4, then the firestick or the Apple TV are your only options.

FWIW, a few people don’t like this stick.

Amazon.de:Customer Reviews: TV Stick Android 11.0 [Google Certified] - 4K Media Streaming Device with Google Chromecast [16GB ROM], HDMI for TV, Google Play Store, Voice Assistant
I am running Android mobile os. Not that I run any of these apps on my device as I don’t need them but they are available on my tv if I needed.
I have installed and tested them on my device just now.
BBC iplayer works 720p
itv x works 720p
All4 work 1080p
I would imagine if this gigablue device is not Google TV certified it will probably have the similar results as I have just got.
Maybe @moshibeth can confirm if they are still testing the device.

I don’t use certified devices or official streaming apps but would think you need a ATV google certified device to get the official certified streaming apps for 4k,HDR and DV content.
I use various devices from a Shield to budget Chinese stuff.

When it come to catchup on a device like this most would be very disappointed with 720p. This is what we are trying to find out if the ATV catch apps and 1080p and above work on this Gigablue device or are we going to have to use and put up with the mobile apps.

@moshibeth Come up mate give us an actual review please (y)

That's why I like my sheild you just use legit apps the only one that isn't is my iptv providers app.
If you subscribe to a streaming service or use a catchup app then yeah I get that you will need a certified device or just install it on your tv.
If I need to use an official app I would just install it on my tv.
For me a RD account gets all the content that’s on the major streaming apps and more.
That’s the reason I don’t use any of them.

It’s called Channel 4 on the playstore.

Wonder if it's an exclusively deal.
Just been reading on Reddit and it is supposedly due to an exclusively deal that
Channel 4 have with Amazon.
It is available to install on smart TVs though.
Also available for Apple TV.

Last edited:
Back