GigaBlue Dcolor GD1 Giga TV Mediaplayer Stick 4K PRO Review

That isn't necessarily true about the gigablue bit

If the minimum order quantity is high enough China will brand it how you like
Heck you can even send your app if paying enough and they will pre install
It’s mental how gigablue can take the exact same item and put their branding onto it.

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpeg
    IMG_0893.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 21
That isn't necessarily true about the gigablue bit

If the minimum order quantity is high enough China will brand it how you like
Heck you can even send your app if paying enough and they will pre install
ok yes you are correct you can do the same with a lot of items but so will companies that clone.
P.S. don't matter because people are looking for alternatve to firestick that wont have any restrictions

Last edited:
I had a Beelink gt king from Aliexpress about 4 years ago and it seemed legit. I sold it last year for nearly as much as I paid for it.
IPTV ran great on it and tbh all the apps I use did.
I haven’t had a bad purchase from Aliexpress yet.

Last edited:
What's the difference in these ones?
May not have Widevine level 1. But @Drox will hopefully confirm this when he receives his.
Gigablue is meant to be a certified device from what I have read online.
No level 1 no 4k on apps like Netflix.
Probably all made in the same Chinese factory as they look the same.

Last edited:
May not have Widevine level 1. But @Drox will hopefully confirm this when he receives his.
Seen peoples reviews on AliExpress some say netflix and such all work as they should. Says certified1000008231.jpg

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I didn't buy the stick. I have a Chromecast with Google TV and prefer that as it has Android TV 12.

What's the difference in these ones?
Like @Aristotle said the only difference is the branding. It looks like UBISHENG is licencing the Gigablue brand in Germany. Just like Streamview have done with the Nokia brand and their 8000 and 8010 boxes, and how Spectrum Brands licenced George Foreman's name to put on their grills.

So, other than the lack of a logo and the packaging being in English, I would expect these to be the same as the Gigablue version.

Netflix, Prime Video etc. should be in 4K as this device, both the Aliexpress and Gigablue versions, have Android TV.

The only areas where this may fall short is for apps like BBC iPlayer that only show up in the Play Store for Android TV devices sold in their local countries. So BBC iPlayer shouldn't be available on either - but if some German apps like ZDF, RTL etc. apply the same restrictions, they will likely be missing off the Aliexpress version.

@deano2010 Should be able to give us a review on the Aliexpress stick in a few days time.

This thread should probably be deleted due to the fact we're openly posting information that could give the powers that be the heads up as to how we're bypassing their attempts to stop us illegally streaming, right lads. Lads???

Actually, we are trying to work out if this device can be used to stream legitimately using legitimate apps :ROFLMAO: - an example below. ⬇️ Perhaps you have mistaken this thread with another thread on another forum?

Would it be possible if you could check it supports uk catch up apps itvX etc not for me but just to keep the missus happy as I’m thinking of ordering one today from Wos surely can’t be any worse than a fire stick at this point.

The only areas where this may fall short is for apps like BBC iPlayer that only show up in the Play Store for Android TV devices sold in their local countries. So BBC iPlayer shouldn't be available on either - but if some German apps like ZDF, RTL etc. apply the same restrictions, they will likely be missing off the Aliexpress version.
I didn’t realise this, I always thought that the playstore detected your region and allowed you to install apps from that region. I can’t test this as I don’t have a ATV device sourced from another region. But my device was sourced from China running AOS and I can install streaming apps from UK region from the play store, but I cannot install streaming apps from eg the US.
I’m assuming that android TV maybe has different licensing rules.
Actually, we are trying to work out if this device can be used to stream legitimately using legitimate apps :ROFLMAO: - an example below. ⬇️ Perhaps you have mistaken this thread with another thread on another forum?
🤣

Last edited:
Back