government ignore our PPE factories

They placed a small order to test them and found out 3 in 4 gave a false postive. They have got a provisnal order in case a solution is found. I take it your on about the anti body test.

The test to find out if you have the virus has always worked.
So they did buy them :unsure:

So they did buy them :unsure:
The point is and I've said time and time again the government had a chance in 2016 to buy all the stuff they needed incase of a pandemic they turned round and said ent doing that its 2 much money. And as for care homes, most are non profit which means all the money already goes back in but does that mean that the government just let them fight a battle on their own?? Were called the United Kingdom not pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest, they need help just like everyone else who is in the war with this pandemic

The point is and I've said time and time again the government had a chance in 2016 to buy all the stuff they needed incase of a pandemic they turned round and said ent doing that its 2 much money. And as for care homes, most are non profit which means all the money already goes back in but does that mean that the government just let them fight a battle on their own?? Were called the United Kingdom not pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest, they need help just like everyone else who is in the war with this pandemic
That paticular test was for swine flu in 2016. This is a world wide pandemic which is not the same thing. You cannot store PPE for long periods it has a shelf life. Maybe now they would be more prepared but to be constantly prepared for such a event is going to cost billions and taxes would have to go up. People say we should of gone into lockdown earlier they could be right however, the economy would suffer even more.

Last edited:
The point is and I've said time and time again the government had a chance in 2016 to buy all the stuff they needed incase of a pandemic they turned round and said ent doing that its 2 much money.
PPE has an expiry date.
If they'd spent all that money in 2016 it would have ended up being binned.
Also no country can prepare for a pandemic.
No one knows what type of illness/virus would cause the pandemic, as with this one it's causing breathing problems in older people, the next one could cause blindness in children or cause sterility in women, anything is possible with pandemics/viruses, it's impossible to prepare for EVERY eventuality.

The thing is the goverment has to balance many things.

1. Try and control the virus
2. Make sure the NHS can cope.
3. minimise the damage to the economy
4. make sure people have jobs to go back to.

I wouldnt want the job

The thing is the goverment has to balance many things.

1. Try and control the virus
2. Make sure the NHS can cope.
3. minimise the damage to the economy
4. make sure people have jobs to go back to.

I wouldnt want the job
Neither would I.
You can look on any news channel and see multiple instances of how not to deal with a pandemic. America seems to have ditched the idea of any kind of control. The place is split in two, governors trying to do what's best for their state and Trump telling protestors to take up arms and claim the streets and drink bleach.
Brazil leader saying it's no more than a cold while gravediggers are digging 13,000 graves a week

Neither would I.
You can look on any news channel and see multiple instances of how not to deal with a pandemic. America seems to have ditched the idea of any kind of control. The place is split in two, governors trying to do what's best for their state and Trump telling protestors to take up arms and claim the streets and drink bleach.
Brazil leader saying it's no more than a cold while gravediggers are digging 13,000 graves a week
I think Russia is telling the people to drink more vodka

It's just been on news24 that authorities in Kabul (Afghanistan) carried out 500 random tests and found over 100 positives, this is in a city of four million people.

This thing hasn't even started yet in a lot of places

so if you look at the begining of our pandemic 1 person was infecting 4 others, so upto 1 million people could already be infected.

Quite likely yes.
This is a common story the world over Sau Paulo is having a hard time if if too in Brazil.
A 61 year old chap brought it there from Lombardy in February and since then 100,000 people have had it and 7000 deaths

There could be 10s of millions of infections but only say half a million deaths.

Even then that number would be extremely high just those dead of this disease.

What I mean is other countries are handling it extremely badly compared to UK.
In Brazil for example it's seen as a shameful thing, almost taboo to have any kind of disease, so no one wants to even admit it exists or they have it. This kind of thing is medieval and their government should have done more to educate but instead called it 'a bad cold' and nothing to worry about

If you look at the stats the countries with higher death rates tend to have a population with a higher than average of over weight people. USA,UK and Italy i am not sure about Spain

There are clearly some countries who just don't understand the severity of the virus or simply don't give a toss and only see economy as the be all end all.

As you stated it's yet to really start in some countries.

But I do find it strange we have hardly heard any cases in African countries.

There are clearly some countries who just don't understand the severity of the virus or simply don't give a toss and only see economy as the be all end all.

I am sure it is there

No what I mean is cases are there but on the news and even if you read things there isn't substantial cases or deaths.

South Africa is only country in Africa to be worst affected.

Could be wrong though.

A lot of them don't keep accurate records of any kind, Africa has definately got it, but to be blunt, there's not that many pensioners there and very few obese or others with underlying medical conditions as anyone with anything bad died years ago given their appalling healthcare systems

Plus with the poor conditions they live in every day and constant diseases they have encountered it has to be there but with the state of their systems they just won't know until it's too late.

Back