hard drive question for recording

gooty

are memory sticks just as good as a normal hard drive for pausing/recording?

whats the biggest size memory stick I can use and a make/model that is known to work?

many thanks

it's a good question. What is the best type of drive to use with these boxes for recording and cache? USB flash, micro sd, or usb Hdd?

Hi i have a WD 1TB passport can i use this for my recordings or do i need to use a USB flash drive any advice would be a great help i have just ordered the H2s box and it will be with me today also how hard is it to put the SLYK skin on as it looks very very good i am looking forward to this site as every one seems to want the same thing ( to help each other )
Regards Mike

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 AM ----------

Hi is there a desktop short cut for this forum ?
Regards Mike

Hi,

Yes you can use your WD for recordings, you will just need to set it up. If you look through the forum, instructions are readily available.
The Sly skin is downloadable from this forum, or if you instal Wooshnam's OpenATV image, it's already included within and can be selected from the menu's.

Kieron

---------- Post Merged at 10:54 AM ----------

I have a similar question. How to record on an external hard drive and openbox v8

If its the same as a V8S, when you plug it in via USB, you will get a message on screen saying "USB INSERTED" or similar.
You can niw record onto it.

Kieron

Back