hi new to the website looking for info on motorised dish self installation

looking for somebody to give me a guide on were best to put the dish also if I have a motor can I align the dish any were and the motor will point it in the correct position thanks?

have u setup a dish before, even a static dish? you will need to know the basics and ensure you have line of sight to each sat.

hi thanks for the reply no ive not but ive got a static dish on the wall so can figure out were abouts to start off with the positioning?

this a trusted guide lifted from a site i used to use alot.

Step 1. You will need to know your latitude and longitude before you start. A great place to fine this
information is Multimap (
www .multimap.com) simply enter your post code, and the coordinates
and displayed below the map. For example if we enter NG12 3PB our coordinates will be:
Lat: 52:54:22N
Lon: 1:02:11W

You need to round up or down the coordinates to the nearest whole number. For example:
Lat 52.5N
Lon 1.0W

Step 2. Install the DisEqc motor and dish as instructed in the manual that came with your motor.
Make sure your mounting pole is perfectly vertical. Once you have done this and connected the motor to your satellite receiver, you need to enter the USALS menu. This will be explained in the receivers manual. Simply enter the the coordinates into the menu. Then select the THOR satellite at 1°West. The motor should move from it's default 0° to 1°West. Select a reliable channel such as BBC World.

Step 3. We presume that you are using a standard in-line meter in between your LNB and the DisEqc motor. Using the meter carefully align the dish to the Thor satellite. You should start to receive BBC World. Fine tune the dish to peak the signal as high as possible. Return to the receiver and select another satellite such as Hellasat at 39°East. Check the Alignment everything should be spot on. If not return to Thor and check the alignment again.

If you followed the instructions properly, you should be able to view a large number of satellites across the arc. Happy Viewing!

Please feel free to distribute this guide in any way. However you must not edit the text.

thanks for the info il give it a read over.

---------- Post Merged at 11:17 PM ----------

also if I had a static dish ive heard about monoblock lnbs could I point 1 at 28.2e and 1 at 13.e?

i personally never used them but i have used a muliti lnb bracket which does the same thing, will depend on what you want to view

QUOTE=loveskybox;269436]thanks for the info il give it a read over.

---------- Post Merged at 11:17 PM ----------

also if I had a static dish ive heard about monoblock lnbs could I point 1 at 28.2e and 1 at 13.e?[/QUOTE]

I want sky uk on 28.2 but want hotbird for the football next season so if I could get away without having a motor and without having 2 dishes that would be great

it can be done. size is ur dish? i believe u can get the monoblock with different degrees of seperation

ive got a 80cm dish but its not on the wall as of yet ive only got a sky mini dish on the wall im taking that would be useless right?

80cm be better done. u might need to swap bracket . will depend on location and how clear line of sight is

Back