home plugs/ wi fi

hi all, i have vm and 100mb in the room where the hub is i get the full whack on phone or laptop via wi fi, upstairs there is 2 pc's mine if plug home plug direct to pc get a max 29 if i plug it into a router i get a max 30mb. my sons pc in next bedroom gets 60mb via wifi, and my pc is a more powerful newer pc than his. so any ideas how i can boost it a bit.
the pc is directly above the hub. the home plug is a 1000 mb with gigabit connection

Has the pc got a gigabit Ethernet , run an Ethernet cable from pc to hub - what Speed do you get then . why add the router , do you go. Hub to home plug —— home plug to router to pc ?

the home hub is downstairs son uses it for xbox as wi fi was hit and miss on it. i got the router just see if it would make any difference, it does 1 or 2 mb better than home plug direct to pc. downstairs its home plug to hub, upstairs its homeplug 》router》pc, or home plug to pc like i said its only 1 or 2 meg difference. i used to have the hub upstairs but as said sons xbox doesnt like wi fi

Back