GrogBuild How to install grogbuild without usb mounted hdd

y2s2408

Is there a way to install grogbuild without having a mounted usb? before you was able to. zgemma h5.2tc

i just get the below now :
no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please initialise the USB device and make su
re it has been mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup

a usb is needed so that the setup files and atv or vix images that is flashed can be downloaded, you can't store them on internal memory as it is wiped clean during flashing.

ive tried 2 different USB's. and getting the same error message "no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please initialise the USB device and make sure it has been
mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup root@zgemmah92s:~#" ive insitalised both USB's to FAT32 eat. what am i doing wrong? thanks

ive tried 2 different USB's. and getting the same error message "no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please initialise the USB device and make sure it has been
mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup root@zgemmah92s:~#" ive insitalised both USB's to FAT32 eat. what am i doing wrong? thanks
so you have not initiased the usb sticks on the box?, can't have if they are fat32

Initialise the usb on the box Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage device -> Initialise

Once initiialised I suggest rebooting the box, menu ->Standby/restart -> Full restart, (not fast restart or restart gui) and once rebooted then try the grogbuild command

Hi!

I have an usb that loves being mounted to /media/usb/. I saw it in Device manager. How can I change to hdd? I cannot find it on Device Manager, there is no option to change the path. I have only exit info or partition.
I have initialised it and rebooted my enigma h8 h2

Getting this error message when trying to flash grogbuild:
'/home/root/fla.sh' saved

no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please initialise the USB device and make sure it has been mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup

thank you!!

Hi!

I have an usb that loves being mounted to /media/usb/. I saw it in Device manager. How can I change to hdd? I cannot find it on Device Manager, there is no option to change the path. I have only exit info or partition.
I have initialised it and rebooted my enigma h8 h2

Getting this error message when trying to flash grogbuild:
'/home/root/fla.sh' saved

no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please initialise the USB device and make sure it has been mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup

thank you!!
Low level format it with hddguru then fat32 it should be fine then.

Yes thank you! Found the HDDGURU, LLF took a while but it's done now. Formatting it with Windows at the moment.
It is a regular USB stick, 4 gb.
Is it a cheapy one or a sandisk/kingston ? If its a cheap stick chances are it will not work

It didn't work. I needed to initialise in OpenPLI menu, did it, but when I get back to device manager it still says /media/usb in device manager.

It's a cheap one. I'll do the same procedure with SanDisk 16 gb.

LLF format
Format with windows to fat32
initialise in OpenPli
and then run the script via ssh.

Wish me luck ant thank you for your answers!

It didn't work. I needed to initialise in OpenPLI menu, did it, but when I get back to device manager it still says /media/usb in device manager.

LLF format
initialise in OpenPli

Use a genuine sandisk cheap sticks are a waste of time on zgemma boxes

LLF format
initialise in OpenPli

In device manager you can setup usb as hard drive use left and right arrow keys to change

Attachments

• usb.jpg
    usb.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 8
I find its the best one to use on zgemma (sandisk) flashed them hundreds of times over the years
I did a quick format of the sandisk. When doing a filesystem check I get this;
1667163724936.png

Did the initialization but still getting this(couldn't get a new screenshot but It is the 16 gb usb sandisk:
Cant change the /media/usb to /media/hdd...:sob:

1667163962672.png

Trying to run the script but ending up with this...

Back