I need help with when I play recording

i'm uisng the newest openvix image. there was no problem before with openpli image. i just instaled oscams from download softcams.
Ok, you are using Vix 6.0 003. ( newest/latest means nothing concrete, best to always say the version/date). Did you install the softcam from the plugin server or did you download an ipk then transfer it then install it?

i'm just putting the files into
/etc/tuxbox/config oscam.server oscam.conf using filezilla like i did on openpli.

I am not asking about the softcam config files, I am asking about the softcam itself. Please describe all the steps you used to install the softcam. Can yo also say exactly which softcam you have installed.

in main menu -> setup -> softcam manager -> i select for example oscam-stable and when i click on start green button i get these msg.
no config files found please setup oscam first in /etc/tuxbox/config

You are describing how you are trying to start the softcam. I am asking you how you installed it and which one. Onec we find that out, we can go to next stage easily and correctly instead of guessing

Anyway, lets guess.
Create/download the confg files and put in the directory that is being mentioned

You are describing how you are trying to start the softcam. I am asking you how you installed it and which one. Onec we find that out, we can go to next stage easily and correctly instead of guessing

Anyway, lets guess.
Create/download the confg files and put in the directory that is being mentioned
i instaled from plugin and green button downloaded plugins instaled oscam-pcscd or oscam-stable and oscam-emu

Put the config files in all 4 directories. i.e the sub directories of the three oscam versions as well as in just /etc/tuxbox/config

Last edited:
Menu > Setup > Softcam Script
You will then have to fiddle around with selecting it and starting it.

If it moans about the config files, you have something wrong, maybe file extensions or not linux

that was no problem with oscam with openpli. do you think i need to downgrade openvix i'm using the newest openvix imgae?

The softcams on vix 6.0 are using the build process of openATv while using the binary location of older vix images. However, the ATV built oscam binaries use a version specific folder. Oscam itself allows you to use the generic location., but I am not sure if that has been used.

I don't understand why people talk about non-current situation. You are using vix "newest (I guess this is 6.0 003). Why talk about PLI? What do you want to do? Fix the current situation or talk about your previous situation? We cannot do both at the same time.

Back