I was looking forward to Zgemma but now I am sad......

Big Pole

Excited to say the least that my new satellite reciever arrived today! Only 1 problem, 5hrs later still not connected to my network!

I have tried using the wizard both ways. I have tried manual configuration in anyway feasible. I have swapped ethernet cables. I have tested ethernet cables. I have cried. And now I hope you can help!

Network test comes up with IP unconfirmed and nameserver unconfirmed even after manual input multiple times.

Please! Help!

Sometimes router setting can block thins like parental controls etc try rebooting the router

Menu
Setup
System
Network
Device setup
Network wizard
Done all of this must be something to do with router?

log into your administration page on router and then find the zgemma in the ip table , then change from DHCP to Static or Manual then enter the ip address needed

silly question but have you tried rebooting box and router and then run network test,its very common and overlooked.

Network test results.

No IP.

No nameserver.

I'm giving up! If someone spots something let me know please! And thanks for the advice it's much appreciated.

As the zgemma isn't getting a IP from the EE box means it could be blocked by EE settings

Have look on router for "traffic mapping" think it called and change that incase it blocking the ports the zgemma needs

Seen few have this issue on plusnet when the setting was set that it blocked access to certain port / IP range

Back