iptv player question...

Carcosa

Hey all...hope you are going good.
Just a little poser to put out there, which could be a very easy answer.
I recently noticed on three seperate boxes that the IPTV Player seems to work to a greater or lesser degree in regards to links being up etc.(note:this was all witnessed and compared within a 4 hour time window).
Could this be due to the respective images that are installed and running, the actual box or just due to a difference in configuration?
They are as follows:
Zgemma 2S running Sucmnsee VIX image...loads of previously unusable apps and links are working great!
Zgemma H.2S running Open ATV and Wooshbuild image...not so many up and running but still working good.
Cloud iBox 2 (proper old-school I know!!!) running Open PLI 4 and Lombard image...literally about 10 of the apps can be used...and just as a reference-none of the apps that have recently been working on the 2S (i.e movies 123,Icefilms,Popcorn HD and around 6 or so others) work on this one...at all.

As always, your input and ideas are greatly appreciated!
Many thanks and have a good one.
M.

The IPTV Plyaer is a plugin independent of box and image software. The golden rule of thumb is if it prompts for an update then do it as that will ensure that the latest links to sources have been updated.

The IPTV Plyaer is a plugin independent of box and image software. The golden rule of thumb is if it prompts for an update then do it as that will ensure that the latest links to sources have been updated.
Thanks for the reply @danlou ...yep-fully get what your saying and that's the way I see it.
What I'm saying is that when I compared the 2S and the iBox...they were both on the same recently updated version of the player-yet had totally different functionality...this is what perplexes me.

Last edited:
Stick ipab.tv on it if it's a zgemma, the developer updates IPTV player regularly with working feeds, menu, iPad 4, 1 I think make sure it's IPTV that updates not the image

Stick ipab.tv on it if it's a zgemma, the developer updates IPTV player regularly with working feeds, menu, iPad 4, 1 I think make sure it's IPTV that updates not the image
Hey @arkles ...thanks for the useful info...
Does iPab have standalone software (encompassing the IPTV player) or is it an all-inclusive image?

It's built into the image and updated from the main ipab menu (no need to add it in)

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Cheers for clarifying @arkles ...will have a skeg at that this eve.
Thank you for your time...
you have been most helpful in my quest!

It can depend on which version of python your box is running.

You would need to enable the log iptvplayer in the menu and when the link fails check and see why

It's built into the image and updated from the main ipab menu (no need to add it in)

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
It is still a plugin m8 no different form installing it from a plugin feed. It is just it's been bundled up to be installed with the main image.

Back