Satellite LAN connection not working??

Morning cactikid pretty much the same except primary and secondary dns on mine are 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4
Hi mate im down to basics now reflashed box to factory settings (altough not sure it did it correctly as grogs monkey is still showing) i thought that would have cleared? Anyway i only have lan connected from router but what i have found is when i went to network information the link status came on for 20 secs (green light) then went off? Could you check the status of your box please to see if the green light is on Cheers Chrisal

Morning cactikid pretty much the same except primary and secondary dns on mine are 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4
They are fine, grogbuild sets nameservers to google's.

I would start from scratch, do an online flash and flash the latest ATV 6.4 and see how that goes.

They are fine, grogbuild sets nameservers to google's.

I would start from scratch, do an online flash and flash the latest ATV 6.4 and see how that goes.
Hi grog did that this morning mate and then when you go through the set up procedure and set the internet up it returns withlooks like your internet not working but i no it is as other things on ethernet are fine. getting to the point of getting another box

How did you "online flash" if you have no network connectivity? Might be an idea to flash by USB. You can download the image from
Code:
openATV Nightly Downloads

Once you have an image, you can manually transfer to storage device and flash it that way if you have issues flashing buy USB.

Is your VPN on your router?

Never go and factory reset boxes , only reflash.
I take it that box worked before on previous image ??

I would try maybe OpenVix flash maybe by USB as your box cannot update online ?

Ah Abu types quicker thinking its firmware issue.
2 year warranty on box

Never go and factory reset boxes , only reflash.
I take it that box worked before on previous image ??

I would try maybe OpenVix flash maybe by USB as your box cannot update online ?

Ah Abu types quicker thinking its firmware issue.
2 year warranty on box
Hi guys im thinking the same firmware issue ive had the box more than 2years . any thoughts on octogon sf88

Hi guys im thinking the same firmware issue ive had the box more than 2years . any thoughts on octogon sf88
Flash it by usb as advised above, I'm not convinced the box has flashed online if it has a connection problem.
I've never heard of a box being unable to connect. It's a software issue, flashing it should cure this

Flash it by usb as advised above, I'm not convinced the box has flashed online if it has a connection problem.
I've never heard of a box being unable to connect. It's a software issue, flashing it should cure this
Ok Pablo but first im going to get an 8gb kingston stick none of mine will work on zgemma. used to but not know

What image is on the box? Please upload a screenshot of Menu, Information, About.

Do you have File Commander or Dream Explorer on the box? Do you have access to another receiver or Linux device? Reason for asking is that you should be able to flash an image by transferring the zipped image to /media/hdd/images.

What image is on the box? Please upload a screenshot of Menu, Information, About.

Do you have File Commander or Dream Explorer on the box? Do you have access to another receiver or Linux device? Reason for asking is that you should be able to flash an image by transferring the zipped image to /media/hdd/images.
ive put wooshbuild on today. i do have dream explorer on the box. i dont have access to linux reciever only firestick which is running off ethernet.I have put my iptv on the box through xtremity and that works does that prove internet?I will upload screenshot when i figure out how to Cheers

Sorry no vpn is on box vpn manager
Just to clarify/confirm, do you mean?
VPN is not on router. VPN is using VPN Manager on receiver?

Please flash image again, but do not autorestore afer image restarts.
Just to repeat: download image, do not unzip it, using Dream explorer, copy it to /media/hdd/images
In flash online, you will be able to select the downloaded image.

Please do not autorestore after it restarts.
Do not set your VPN until after confirming network check works fine.

Just to clarify/confirm, do you mean?
VPN is not on router. VPN is using VPN Manager on receiver?

Please flash image again, but do not autorestore afer image restarts.
Just to repeat: download image, do not unzip it, using Dream explorer, copy it to /media/hdd/images
In flash online, you will be able to select the downloaded image.

Please do not autorestore after it restarts.
Do not set your VPN until after confirming network check works fine.
Ye, if he is running VPN on the box then depending on how it's configured it could be on a different network than the "normal" network everything else is on.
Hence the IP is unconfirmed.
I know the stuff on my VPN router is invisible to anything that's not on it, but not vice versa.

The VPN is probably why the network test is failing. Jibyel suggested that they were going to look at in in 7.0 at some stage.
Just ignore it for now if it does not affect the operation of the box. It is a hardware multiboot device, so he can flash into a different slot/partition and play around

If the IPTV is working then there's nothing wrong with the connection, likewise he's flashed several times online which proves connectivity, there's something wrong at pc/FileZilla end

Back