latest news just posted 850

flash not taken if on old firmware,try again and usb upgrade? when done factory reset box.

eh you said rar file on usb .no lol

extracted to a formatted usb stick.

thanks for your reply, i extracted directly to usb flash drive , inserted to box usb upgrade , it says LOADING DATA PLEASE WAIT then screen turns with lines across as if frozen

leave it for 10 mins before powering off as last thing you want is a starview brick,try another formatted usb and reread my 850 setup as i forgot lol

cant remember issues with lines.

flashing the box

Please follow the instructions below

(1) Format a usb pen drive to FAT32 on your PC first

(2) Then get the file you have downloaded and copy it across to the usb then

(3) Turn the box off at the back and put the USB into the front of the box

(4) Then turn the power back on to the box when the box powers up go to the menu and select Software upgrade press ok

(5) Then allow the box to reboot, after that you will see the cable scan option just scan as with the older box

Ps if you see on screen usb initializing all the time your USB pen has not been formatted to Fat 32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpdNBi5OEpo

finally upgraded many thanks to cactikid for your guide m8 , i will need further tut on the next step as its a bit of an unknown territory for me

one thing about tk is the tons of help and not having to bite your tongue about taboo servers and cams,we help and proof is in the pudding.

just to clarify you reflashed old firmware did you online update or go add the newer newcamd file?

factory reset box now that you have new file.

Last edited:
Flashed box.How do you do NEWCAMD set up read through forums many times still can't get my head round it .suggestions welcome.

Back