Looks like BT is blocking

hkphooey

TK Veteran
Didnt previously need a VPN for footy and PPV events but now looks like BT are blocking streams....:rage:

Not ideal though is it for a lot of people it will slow their speeds down to a crawl...So maybe a "BIG DEAL" to some. Especially when renewing their isp with the view that they would need one(y)
A lot of provider's have a VPN built-in to the apps ask your guy if they have one available .

Not ideal though is it for a lot of people it will slow their speeds down to a crawl...So maybe a "BIG DEAL" to some. Especially when renewing their isp with the view that they would need one(y)
Are all the websafe turned off and tbh there was no epl today so can’t be a block

Are all the websafe turned off and tbh there was no epl today so can’t be a block
Not an issue for me mate and nothing while events off...just a heads up. A lot were suffering last prem day and all were on BT, and as I mentioned they use to be an option without VPN

Not an issue for me mate and nothing while events off...just a heads up.
I know a lot of people who has bt and not blocked at all bud every isp I’ve been with has never blocked most people are disabling ipv6 as that can also cause issues.
Have you been blocked yourself

I am sure it would be more like sky or virgin to preform blocks.

Like bazz said no football so very strange did your supplier say this.

I am on Virgin and my biggest hit was Liverpool vs Man U (7-0) afew weeks back.

Nothing since
The biggest problem is people don't look around. For most premireship games it's on 5 or 6 channels.

It would be very unlikely all channels would have a issue

I'm been with BT for 6 years and never had a blocking issue! Not saying the supplier hasn't had blocks, or I won't be blocked in the future!
Smart options switched off and use my own router

Bt has blocked your server, all isps have to try and block its up to your provider to find a way round it
Not really. He could just tell you to use a VPN. Or supply with a app with built in VPN. They will supply a solution uou may have to pay.it is getting ridiculous now expectations on suppliers I think.

All the channels
VOD
Catchup
Some 4k
Expect it not to get blocked or don't want to use a vpn.

And yet people want to pay peanuts. You are saving enough on a sub a chap sells VPNs for surfshark for £5 or something in the for sale section

Last edited:
Not really. He could just tell you to use a VPN. Or supply with a app with built in VPN. They will supply a solution uou may have to pay.it is getting ridiculous now expectations on suppliers I think.

All the channels
VOD
Catchup
Some 4k
Expect it not to get blocked or don't want to use a vpn.

And yet people want to pay peanuts. You are saving enough on a sub a chap sells VPNs for surfshark for £5 or something in the for sale section
I agree with a lot of your points, but I don't think any supplier would be happy to allow blocks and just use a built in vpn etc
The best servers will look for ways around it and end users should use a vpn until that fix is made
But 100% agree with expectations of everything needs to be perfect and no downtime allowed. Suppliers are human too👌

They do block, like all the big 6 do, it's up to your provider to stop this from happening
Yes they defiantly are... Just get a vpn is the solution, but as I mentioned if you are already on the limit for speed/bandwidth then it will be a struggle with a vpn active.
But hey ho that's the beauty of the beast.
My post was also to do with why people choose BT, (which seems to have been missed) Was a lot of people looking to change or renew their isp, would've looked to BT because they were less block active.
Now it's known then it will make a difference to who you choose.

People were prepared to pay more for BT perhaps as they didn't ick but now would put that extra to a decent vpn.
Vulture is rubbish by the way 🤣🤣

Back