Mag 254 warning message

so ive read and read page 9,
can i get a step by step please as tbh i dont no how to edit it, ive downloaded the files and mine a 254 am i editing thouse files or am i editing something on the mag box its self is do im not sure how.
(Guide to flashing mag USB Method)

1)Download custom firmware
2) Connect your USB stick (use 4gb or smaller) to computer and format file system to FAT32, copy the correct image file for your mag onto the root of the USB Drive
3) On the USB drive you should now have the directory MAG250/254 this contains two files image update and bootstrap
4) Enter The MAG BIOS
(How to enter the BIOS setup (bootloader menu) MAG-250/254?)
a) Power off the MAG250/254.
b) Press and hold the «menu» button on the remote (This is the button Centre left of remote 3 parallel lines below the home button)
c) Without releasing the «menu» button, Power on the MAG-250/254.
you should now be in the BIOS menu.
5) Select “Upgrade Tools”, press ok (or arrow right)on the remote control
6) Select “USB Bootstrap”
7) Connect the USB flash drive( to rear port if available) and click OK to confirm the beginning of the update process
8) Wait for the update, STB will reboot itself.
9) You should now have the new firmware on the box.

(You can check you have the new firmware version from the inner portal under device info)

Last edited:
right im guessing that you no longer need to do the editing bit now and just need to flash the box with the correct firmware?????
That sounds right from what I understand mate but I've not actually done it myself yet..
I was hoping for some step by step instructions.. lol
Not very confident doing these things first time..

Flashed boxes last night, all went perfect. 3x 254 and 1 x250. A few lads have revez mags, are these a different animal?. Thanks
hi mate having problems flashing 254 keep getting mag254/imageupdate not present when from bootloader all correct files on stick as posted can you give any advice please i have flashed my 256 without any problems but cannot get the 254 to work
Thanks

hi mate having problems flashing 254 keep getting mag254/imageupdate not present when from bootloader all correct files on stick as posted can you give any advice please i have flashed my 256 without any problems but cannot get the 254 to work
Thanks
I had exactly the same I used a different usb. My box doesn't like usb 3.0 but 2.0

Thanks
You need to use the rear usb or as the above poster says a 2.0 usb , also the smaller usb drive the better (2gb or 4gb).

Thats a bit puzzling. You could try formatting it again on your pc and pitting the 254 folder back on it.
There may be a wifi adapter in the rear usb port. Remove it if there is and try that
I'm good mate I've done mine I'm just saying 254w1 has no rear sub only front.

I did mine on a 16g stick formatted on pc and in front sub port. All worked fine as per your instructions..
20190120_155622.jpg
2ihnzVS

Last edited:
I'm good mate I've done mine I'm just saying 254w1 has no rear sub only front.

I did mine on a 16g stick formatted on pc and in front sub port. All worked fine as per your instructions..
View attachment 36945
2ihnzVS
I have looked at a few 254s this evening and the basic model has the rear usb port, The 254w1 as you quite correctly report has none.

Interesting that you can't configure foreign portals on their version - I'm guessing therefore that they haven't completely removed the block, or they're using it as an opportunity to lock down the settings at the same time. (Which makes sense as if you're going to release a firmware for one thing, you may as well make other changes you need/want at the same time)

Pending approval, I'll link to the firmwares I released yesterday that don't lock you in to anything, but do remove the block completely.

EDIT: As now run by the mods, the files for the boxes in the table below are all in a zip located here: https://anonfile.com/w39c38qdba/NoBlock_zip

EVERYONE has my full permission to redistribute these as you see fit. If anyone has any questions, problems or suggestions than let me know and I'll respond as fast as I can!

Versions and MD5 checksums for what I have are below - all built from the latest official Infomir firmware
View attachment 36855
--
New to IPTV, longtime Usenet/Binsearch user. Any step-by-step instructions for this? I understand the technical side of things, but never owned a MAG. How does this modified firmware get configured? Just usb to MAG and select from a drop down as the firmware to use? Also, where can I find portal URLs that are reliable, but are no cost? Or is it best to use one that is paid? The thought with that is, why modify the box if one was to use a paid IPTV service, or is it modified so that restrictions of which IPTV paid service can be used? Any value in a MAG over an emulator and how do MAG/emulators compare to kodi with add-ons that provide IPTV service? Thanks for all the help... have recently found an interest in IPTV due to your efforts of REing the firmware and proto analysis with wireshark.

I have 2 x Mag 254 boxes and have received no warning messages on either of them. Should i be flashing my boxes pre emptively or carry on regardless?

I have 2 x Mag 254 boxes and have received no warning messages on either of them. Should i be flashing my boxes pre emptively or carry on regardless?
I would just carry on up until it needs to be done not every portal is getting blocked but that as just my opinion

Back