Mag 254 warning message

Hi, please can you talk me through disabling updates. Been on system settings on my mag 256 and cant find anything to disable. Thanks
i dont have a mag256 but im sure you can disable updates

Update from Settings menu
  • Open Settings menu of the Embedded portal;
  • Choose Software autoupdate;
  • In the opened window choose Update manually (F2 on RC).
  • In the opened window Software autoupdate choose the list of New versions by pressing OK - the latest available version is located at the top of the list;
  • Select required firmware version;
  • Choose Update (F1);
  • Wait for the update to finish. The status of updating is displayed by progress bar and comments. STB will be rebooted automatically after update completing.
at the point where you choose software update in the menu you see Autoupdate using your remote move it to disabled.

(Guide to flashing mag USB Method)

3) On the USB drive you should now have the directory MAG250/254 this contains two files image update and bootstrap

MAG256 folder in Noblock-zip does not have the bootstrap file. Is that in order for that version?

I've use the Noblock method on 256, installed fine. But still Infomir seems to have created something
that won't let you save a blacklisted provider in spite of this. In the Portal 1 field, the IPTV network
is immediately erased after saving.

I tried to flash with noblock on several mag322. loads fine, but after a few minutes the box freezes and screen goes completely black and box is unresponsive. when i restart the portal again starts normally, then after a few minutes of normal picture it freezes with black screen.

what was it please tell us so if anyone else needs the fix

Check page nine below link. The NoBlock file. Download, unzip to your disk, copy and put your MAG version folder on
a clean FAT 32 formatted USB-stick.
Pull the plug on your box, press Menu on your remote (the button below the "house" to the left) and put the plug
in, hold it down until you reach the "bios" and make it update from your USB, choose Update with USB and it'll
find the /MAG[your version] on the USB stick you put in your MAG box (from the rear if possible), then chose update
http://www.techkings.org/threads/mag-254-warning-message.145263/page-9#post-928938

Hi guys, I’ve just signed up as I seen this thread.

I’m looking at buying a Mag 254 to use my IPTV service on. Is it worth it now with Infomir clamping down on illegal IPTV? Or is it just a case of making sure the firmware is a certain version and disabling the updates?

Thanks guys.

Hi guys, I’ve just signed up as I seen this thread.

I’m looking at buying a Mag 254 to use my IPTV service on. Is it worth it now with Infomir clamping down on illegal IPTV? Or is it just a case of making sure the firmware is a certain version and disabling the updates?

Thanks guys.
hi ive got 2 mag boxes using different subs and had problems with viewing especially while epl matches on...disabled auto updates and been fine for afew weeks without issues seemed to work for me.

hi ive got 2 mag boxes using different subs and had problems with viewing especially while epl matches on...disabled auto updates and been fine for afew weeks without issues seemed to work for me.
L
Probably better to buy an enigma 2 receiver at this stage at least it can run other streaming apps as well as being a damn good sattelite receiver. Maybe £30 dearer but worth it in my opinion.

Have you used the firmware in this thread or updated to the latest firmware on the box then disabled auto-updates?

Is this the way forward now and will this fix it and prevent from being blocked?

Have you used the firmware in this thread or updated to the latest firmware on the box then disabled auto-updates?

Is this the way forward now and will this fix it and prevent from being blocked?
my mag322 is running on its own firmware from infomir, im not using the no block thats available

Back