mgcamd for ARM receivers softcams?

I only tested version on feeds
Which feeds? - we've had about 16 different ones over past few weeks?
i have a folder called softcams and it has dozens of feeds, old ones , new ones, some for vix ARM boxes, some for atv arm boxes, umpteen 'universal' ones.

I'm going to delete the lot once a find the 1 or 2 that actually work

Latest version in resources or just copy and paste
Code:
wget http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed -O - | /bin/sh

If you have multiple feeds installed maybe start from scratch. Install wooshbuild infinitely or grogbuild freerange or just setup plain ATV.

Don't do settings restore install cam and re add line manually.

grogbuild uses universal feeds 4.3-r0 and there has been only one that has reported mgcamd isn't working on zgemma 4k boxes. Unfortunately I don't have a zgemma 4k to test

I've no doubt at all that it works in other 4K boxes, the one in resources doesn't work in Zgemma 4k boxes, not checked what the difference is between the ones posted by @gray1313 and those but I've had several reports tonight that they work fine
Why are you trying the one in resources if you are installing the softcam feeds?

The ones people have uploaded on the forum are likely to be old ones using the old cam control methods. OpenATV have moved on.

I suggest you start afresh and do not restore anythig. Use only OpenATV barebones for now.
Install softcam feeds 4.3 only
Install the cams from the feeds only. Do not use any
Follow the instructions the I uploaded
I attach mg_cfg files someone helped me with a few years ago

Attachments

• Mgcamd configs blank.rar
    1.9 KB · Views: 97
Why are you trying the one in resources if you are installing the softcam feeds?

The ones people have uploaded on the forum are likely to be old ones using the old cam control methods. OpenATV have moved on.

I suggest you start afresh and do not restore anythig. Use only OpenATV barebones for now.
Install softcam feeds 4.3 only
Install the cams from the feeds only. Do not use any
Follow the instructions the I uploaded
I attach mg_cfg files someone helped me with a few years ago

Those are the ones in resources, the softcam feed you uploaded 4.3? that I've been directing people to download.
4k zgemma boxes can't use them for mgcamd on atv

I understand "resources" to mean as files uploaded here on the forum in the resources section. If so, the softcams in resources would not be the same as the ones that become available in the plugin server.

Does your receiver have a 64 bit SoC?

Two heads are better than one if you want to do this over TeamViewer

Last edited:
I understand "resources" to mean as files uploaded here on the forum in the resources section. If so, teh softcams in resoiurces would not be the same as the ones that become available in the plugin server.

Does your receiver have a 64 bit SoC?

Two heads are better than one if you wnat to do this over Teamviewer

It wasn't my box, I teamviewered into 3 or 4 others' boxes - all 4K zgemmas and installed the softcam feed, installed from plugins browser and they wouldn't work, H7c, H7s, H9t etc

Ive found this version which works on openATV for my uno4K ARM box

Install it this way
1: Copy over the ipk to the tmp folder via filezilla and install as a local extension
2: Copy over the contents in the folder to usr/keys and overwrite everything
3: Edit the newcamd.list in the usr/keys folder with your line. It has to be in the CWS format. If you have a c line put it into the cccam.list file
4: Select mgcamd1.35 in the Infopanel/SoftcamPanel menu

Post back if it works

Attachments
by
maionline

Alright gray works a dream on whooshbuild latest version. Openatv 6.2. Zgemma h7c.

Is it possible to run 2 providers in the newcamd.list?

If so how would it need to be entered in newcamd.list

Cheers
Thegil

Like this:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = Skyserver port user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS = VMserver port user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Hey willo,

Is it possible to run 2 VM lines?

I was running both through oscam which was working fine for about a year or so but has been playing up lately so I’m trying out this MGcamd version for arms.

Cheers
Thegil

I just updated my atv and the softcam panel's gone. Nothing clearing. Apparently it's now moved to setup, decryption & parental control... but nothing there for me. Reinstalling softcam didn't help.

Back to Vix.

(Gigablue arm box)

I just updated my atv and the softcam panel's gone. Nothing clearing. Apparently it's now moved to setup, decryption & parental control... but nothing there for me. Reinstalling softcam didn't help.

Back to Vix.

(Gigablue arm box)

Probably being thick, I uninstalled the previous mgcamd again, rebooted, installed the latest softcam feed from here, installed mgcamd, rebooted, and it was now available under the new decryption menu. It was version 1.38 though, and just kept stopping all the time.

I then took the old 1.35a that I had been using (known to work on my arm box) extracted the binary from the ipk, renamed it to mgcamd (from mgcamd_1.35a) and put it in /usr/bin/ to replace the installed one. All works fine now.

Hmmm for me it doesn't start on boot since the changes.
Tried a reflash of openatv, restoring only settings and other plugins. Then installed the feed and mgcamd. It was all working but doesn't work after a reboot, I have to restart softcam each boot to make it work.

I've not heard of any reports from zgemma users since updating the softcams in grogbuild last week. The mgcam softcam has installed hasn't it?
I can confirm the mgcam softcam is working perfectly on my zgemma H7c no problems at all watching and recording 2 at the same time
Not had any glitches at all. Using your grogbuild

Back