Mini vu+ duo

Hi. I can't see a section for it. I have one stuck on red light, it had the blackhole image on it. Does anybody know if the newer images have fixes for plugins and are safe to use?
Thanks

I think they are classed as a vu+duo clone, they are dreambox 800 cases. I don't want to brick it, need to know if boot loader has to be updated also if you can use latest image.
Thanks

you need to get bootloaders from the manufacturer site of the box may have a website address details on packaging. you can only use safe images otherwise the box will be totalled. if your not sure don't do it.

I am just trying to get the box running again, I am not bothered which image is on it. Do you know what the last blackhole image is that you don't need to update the bootloader? I would prefer to add the vix image but unsure if I can or what one I can use if it can be done.
It does not have any stickers where to get the image from.
Thanks

when you said stuck on redlight does it have starting in the window? deciding if cap and regulator are gone or wiped chip with wrong image.??

Sorry I took so long getting back to this post, I had forgot about it. The box has a bright red light at the front, it just happened out of the blue for no reason. When I try to flash it, the green light gives two flashes and the usb shows it is busy for a few mins then the green light flashes twice again. If I press the controller it shows it is seeing it, it just wont power up. There is a hard drive in it, I can here it boot up but the fan does not come on on the top of the box.
Thanks

I am just trying to get the box running again, I am not bothered which image is on it. Do you know what the last blackhole image is that you don't need to update the bootloader? I would prefer to add the vix image but unsure if I can or what one I can use if it can be done.
It does not have any stickers where to get the image from.
Thanks

this is how boxes gets bricked " I am not bothered which image is on it..

is there a window which shows channel data and if so does it say starting?

It came preloaded with the image when I bought it, it was never changed or updated. They don't have a window, they are in a dm800 box.
Thanks

even ones from china pre loaded with image died,so unsure if its power source/bricked or what,not knowing the box so unsure what bootloader or image to use.

I have been told to use blackhole 2.0.7, I think that's what was already on it. Can you point me in the right direction on a tutorial how to use putty to see if the box is dead.
Thanks

Back