Motorised dish setup problem no signals

Hence is why i leave it to the professional to alter my sat dish who has the proper equipment to check it.
Good luck in getting it sorted.

Chris if you post which channels you are having issues with I will look later today to see what signal levels I have on those channels and report back. I was always told 16e is a weak satellite on some transponders I think I use to have trouble with a 80cm dish. I use a 1m these days.

Chris you dont' know what you are doing, in fact you dont have a clue. I gave you the complete answer in my reply and I don't think you even read it. kegnkiwi dont waste your time, Iammy is right, this poster is on another forum and he was given a list of channels with signal strengths. He never answers a question correctly but can come back with a smart answer. He will say he cant receive such and such a channel but wont post the frequency. He will say he cant get such a channel and when told it may not be receivable will come back and say well I did receive it. He has just done the same now, He asks will he change dish elevation and motor but wont say what it is at at the moment. He said he set it up on 0.8west but wont say what dish elevation/motor settings used. He has been told a milllion timEs that dish is 27.6 and motor is 51 but we don't even know if dish has been changed. How he got 70% on 0.8w is a mystery. We are only replying because of covid and have FA else to do.

Chris for the last time the dish is 27.6 or what it says in the technomate MOTOR manual next to the latitude of 51. The screws on the dish you loosen both, the dish has 2 bolts to keep it secure, so you loosen both, a car wheel has 4 bolts so you loosen all 4. Its not rocket science.

And for the last time IF THE RIG IS CROOKED YOU WONT GET ALL THE SATS and that is shouting. By the way did you call back the installer and you could not get him to use 0.8w. And you know what you doing!!!!

Now if you come back with a mickey mouse reply we will know you are TTP.

Chris you dont' know what you are doing, in fact you dont have a clue. I gave you the complete answer in my reply and I don't think you even read it. kegnkiwi dont waste your time, Iammy is right, this poster is on another forum and he was given a list of channels with signal strengths. He never answers a question correctly but can come back with a smart answer. He will say he cant receive such and such a channel but wont post the frequency. He will say he cant get such a channel and when told it may not be receivable will come back and say well I did receive it. He has just done the same now, He asks will he change dish elevation and motor but wont say what it is at at the moment. He said he set it up on 0.8west but wont say what dish elevation/motor settings used. He has been told a milllion timEs that dish is 27.6 and motor is 51 but we don't even know if dish has been changed. How he got 70% on 0.8w is a mystery. We are only replying because of covid and have FA else to do.

Chris for the last time the dish is 27.6 or what it says in the technomate MOTOR manual next to the latitude of 51. The screws on the dish you loosen both, the dish has 2 bolts to keep it secure, so you loosen both, a car wheel has 4 bolts so you loosen all 4. Its not rocket science.

And for the last time IF THE RIG IS CROOKED YOU WONT GET ALL THE SATS and that is shouting. By the way did you call back the installer and you could not get him to use 0.8w. And you know what you doing!!!!

Now if you come back with a mickey mouse reply we will know you are TTP.
Yes I do know what I am doing but there is something is wrong so I need to find out why and fix it. I do read it and I have already reply but you have not read it so no need to go mental on me. I will post the picture of my dish elevation later today so we will know if the dish elevation is correct or not.

If it is not correct then I need your help with the correct mark on the picture that you can show me where it should be so I will sort it out.

You haven't asked me for the frequency so don't accused me. I'm not here to waste your time or anyone time. I'm here to get the work done. I'm frustrated as I can't get all channels I want from 46east to 5west. I think I should start again and do one step at a time.

Here is my dish and motor settings:

Dish elevation: 21.7 (I think I'm not sure)
Motor Latitude: 51
Motor elevation: 39

On my motor manual it say that my dish elevation should be 22.6 degree but on dishpointer.com it say the dish elevation should be 23 degree. I don't know which one should be correct.

I'm going to change the wall mount to L mount sometime after Christmas if that make you happy.

Last edited:
Chris if you post which channels you are having issues with I will look later today to see what signal levels I have on those channels and report back. I was always told 16e is a weak satellite on some transponders I think I use to have trouble with a 80cm dish. I use a 1m these days.

Yeah I will do. Yes I have been told that 16east have weak satellite so should I get 90cm if that is good enough?

I have been told that a 80cm dish should work fine where I live.

bsh.jpg

IMG-20201218-130931.jpg

Screenshot-20201218-132448-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

IMG-20201218-131833.jpg

I found the manual for that 2600 motor and you follow the manual dishpointer is only a guide and 22.6 is correct and 51 is correct, so all you do is go to 0.8west and peak the signal on the 2 channels that are free to air they are gospel/good channel and al jazeera. NB you very seldom make a dish adjustment but always the motor. I dont know if you know about skew and thats the angle lnb has to be on each sat but with motor the lnb is always dead straight when on 0.8west, the motor adjsuts dish to the right skew. The next bit is focal lenghth, if the lnb is the wrong distance from the dish then you will lose some signals on the V and H bands. A lot of lnb's have a collar or a neck that shows where it should be positioned, To move lnb in and out is easy to do but you need easy access. Your installer should have done it correctly. 16east is very strong now as it was renewed a few years back. Try arena hd on 16 east 11471V 30000 8PSK 5/6. 80CM is good enough.

they are very good do one of the lnb as well do a few from side and front and looking down

NB The dish is wrong or it looks wrong from the pic, between 20 and 30 there are 4 gaps so each one is 2.5 so arrow should point just past the dash after the 20. That installer must have used it for 28 east as if it was fixed. The motor looks iffy as well becuase if 51 was shocen on one side it should = 39 on the other, I will attcah 2 pics in a mo. do a pic of the mount as well, where the motor is attached. The first pic is the dish, finger on left shows where dish should be, finger on right shows the pointer, motor pic is same finger on top shows 39 elevation, finger on bottom shows pointer. you need to adjust these while on 0/8west and with the correct settings in usals. I'll tell you how to use positioner from the box later. When you adjust and dont get a pic on 0.8w you will have to move dish left or right. can you adjust motor and dish easily?9a08746c-de5d-4a5e-97f0-75b82e48a22c.JPG102175ba-9a7d-4e3a-a1cb-b50e895db051.JPG

Last edited:
I found the manual for that 2600 motor and you follow the manual dishpointer is only a guide and 22.6 is correct and 51 is correct, so all you do is go to 0.8west and peak the signal on the 2 channels that are free to air they are gospel/good channel and al jazeera. NB you very seldom make a dish adjustment but always the motor. I dont know if you know about skew and thats the angle lnb has to be on each sat but with motor the lnb is always dead straight when on 0.8west, the motor adjsuts dish to the right skew. The next bit is focal lenghth, if the lnb is the wrong distance from the dish then you will lose some signals on the V and H bands. A lot of lnb's have a collar or a neck that shows where it should be positioned, To move lnb in and out is easy to do but you need easy access. Your installer should have done it correctly. 16east is very strong now as it was renewed a few years back. Try arena hd on 16 east 11471V 30000 8PSK 5/6. 80CM is good enough.

Thanks for letting me to know so in the picture what you can see of my dish elevation. Do you know what number is my dish elevation?

I can see that my motor elevation and latitude is correct but I am not sure about the dish elevation.

No I don't know what skew is so you will have tell me what it is before I do anything.

When I setup the dish elevation in the correct, should I never touch it again?

How I can improve the signals when I do the adjustments?

Do I have to move the dish to west/east or do I only adjust on the motor elevation/latitude?

I don't know if my lnb is in correct position and if it is in wrong distance but you might know better than I do.

Here is the picture:
IMG-20201218-150031.jpg

IMG-20201218-150015.jpg

IMG-20201218-150045.jpg

Please let me know if my lnb is in correct position or if it is in wrong distance.

Here is the s.n.r for gospel an al jazeera english:

Gospel channel: 66% 11357 H
Al jazeera English: 60% 12418 V

Here is the s.n.r for arena HD:

Arena hd: 70% 11471 V

those settings can make a hell of a difference. have you changed dish as indicated, but they may have markings on other side that are correct. good for arena hd should be better on gospel and al jazeera but you are getting there. that wall plate is a no no, it looks like it has a bend and these are only used for a fixed dish. Can you use a spirit level to check side of motor is 100% vertical. the lnb looks pretty good but I always tweak them just in case, it looks as if the skew is dead straight but I always twist them and see if signal goes up or down. I twist left and right.

Last edited:
I refer back to this, I know he's at ground level but the principle is still the same. I have moved mine when moved house twice and both times I watched the video just as a quick reminder

turn the music off though , ,

I keep referring back to that wall bracket!! And yes a great video and I always use the 3 dots.

I hope you are working on it now. I can switch images and I believe you are on openatv 6.4. Each image can give slightly different signal readings. On mine I get 72% on al jazeera and 57% on gospel but and this is important, I know that my rig is out of line so I change the so say I use 006.#### for the east then i use 007. ~~~ for west and now values are 66 on gospel and 77 on al jazeera.

If you can make sure dish and motor are correct then I will tell you how to tweak the positioner from box. I have a 110cm dish and a black ultra lnb and I am on the fringes.

That wall plate is totally wrong for
Motorised satellite system Cant believe
a satellite installer would use such a
Bracket A t.k set up is the best brackets to
Use especially if your using USALS The built-in settings with in the reciever

those settings can make a hell of a difference. have you changed dish as indicated, but they may have markings on other side that are correct. good for arena hd should be better on gospel and al jazeera but you are getting there. that wall plate is a no no, it looks like it has a bend and these are only used for a fixed dish. Can you use a spirit level to check side of motor is 100% vertical. the lnb looks pretty good but I always tweak them just in case, it looks as if the skew is dead straight but I always twist them and see if signal goes up or down. I twist left and right.

No I haven't changed the dish yet but I'm going to do it on Monday because I'm waiting for a new lnb to arrive. The new lnb I have is 0.2db as mine is 0.1dB so the new lnb is more stronger than mine. Just realised that my dish elevation is 20 degree so I need to adjust it to 22.6 degree.

Can I ask how do I know what is my dish angle after I adjust my dish elevation?

I don't have any tools with me to measure it so I might have a problem. Are you sure that my motor elevation is incorrect?

In the picture what is my motor elevation?

It look about 35 to 39 degree so I need to know what is the motor elevation. I haven't touch it but my sat installer did when he used for 28.2east which he have done it wrong.

What signals for gospel and al jazeera that it should be?

I can't change the wall plate because if I change it and put the L mount and put the dish back on then I won't know where to find 0.8west. If you know how I can find the 0.8west when I put the new dish on the new L mount then please let me know how I can track it.

I have checked on the spirit level and it is not straight. The motor is not 100% vertical as the spirit level is on the other side.

er what is make of lnb? an if it is not a black ultra cancel it. 0.1db is stronger than o.2db

Also have you looked at the pics I posted??????

Ahh now your talking but get that guy back to change your wall bracket, i think there about the same price. And the pics????

Ahh now your talking but get that guy back to change your wall bracket, i think there about the same price. And the pics????
He won't come back so I'm going to do it myself. I have got a 3.7m folding ladder so it is no problem for me to do it.

Do I have to get the wall mount like this?

41+QUnHVl2L._AC_SS350_.jpg

Back