Motorised dish setup problem no signals

its not too bad, have you tried all the sats from 30west to 42 east? Your next task is to play with the positioner but you have to have the correct co-ordinates in USALS so I am relying on you.

do this while on al jazeera MENU, SETUP, RECEPTION. POSITIONER SETUP. Now while on this screen you can do a lot of tweaking to improve signal but you cant save the settings. If signal improves you need to watch if dish is moved east or west and then adjust usals accordingly. It may make little difference but you never know. Only use the first 3 items leave set limits, memory, and go to alone.

NB Read the screen and don't do anything silly. You can try this on all the sats. DONT CALIBRATE OR CALCULATE.

I can't get 30west because of the observations of the building. I can only get 46east to 5west. Can I get them all when I adjust my dish on Monday?

I need you to let me know about my motor elevation so I will adjust it at the same time.

If it don't help to get the signals for 16east, 39east, 1.9west then I will get the L wall mount to see if will help to solve it?

As for the positioner, I have already been on it and it won't save the settings. I'm going to adjust it. My longitude is 1.388 so what value do I need to change to improve the signals?

Will sport klub work if I change my usual settings?

Sport klub should work but thats a pay channel, go to it and it should show a signal but give me frequency as well. The positioner will show if you move dish if a better signal is possible before you adjust usals.

Sport klub should work but thats a pay channel, go to it and it should show a signal but give me frequency as well. The positioner will show if you move dish if a better signal is possible before you adjust usals.

The frequency for sport klub is 11595 H.

I have changed my longitude from 1.388 to 0.688. The s.n.r for al jazeera English is 70%. It was 55% before so I've increased 15%.

But I will lose the signals for other channels on different satellites?

you are getting the idea, so east may be good with those figures, check sportsclub now and a few other sats. on east.

I have changed my longitude from 1.388 to 0.688. The s.n.r for al jazeera English is 70
you are getting the idea, so east may be good with those figures, check sportsclub now and a few other sats. on east.
I've checking on sat finder with a frequency and there is no signals for 11471 H. That's where sport klub are on.

Sorry I gave you the wrong frequency.

The correct one is 11471 H.

you should now change your usals to see if you can get that channel. its 65% for me

Last edited:
Will you go and have a look at the pics I put on post 49, on your last post above look to top right and you will see 92, its faint, that is post number. In 49 I showed you with the fingers where the indicators for the dish should be and where the motor should be ie 22.6 and 39. Until you make dish and motor correct we are just faffing about getting nowhere. Can you see the arrow on the dish and the metal pointer on the motor. The one on the motor is poor but its the best. to help you here are these pics again. If you have changed dish and motor then take some pics and make it easy for me to see the pointers. 9a08746c-de5d-4a5e-97f0-75b82e48a22c.JPG102175ba-9a7d-4e3a-a1cb-b50e895db051.JPG

That wall plate is totally wrong for
Motorised satellite system Cant believe
a satellite installer would use such a
Bracket A t.k set up is the best brackets to
Use especially if your using USALS The built-in settings with in the reciever
??, I have used a bracket like that for ummmmm 15 years+ it has never budged an inch. When using the L shape type just make sure the top 2 bolts are secure and bolted in properly. Once the weight of a motorized dish goes on the top bolts take all the weight. If they arent snug tight and the plugs are secure it "will" lean forward. The 2 bracket with pole lessens the leverage. Also, the 2 bracket and pole are far far more adjustable when plumbing than the L pole, I use a bit of a scaffold pole. You can monkey swing off mine while carrying your shopping and a bag of jockeys lead weights and a 24 pack on your shoulder and still get 28.2

Can you post a pic and are you in a shaded area, did you use coach bolts? how many? Is bracket galvenised steel? How thick is it? And size of dish? And do you stay on one sat. Give us a look. Are you on side of house, how high up? It will help Chris.

??, I have used a bracket like that for ummmmm 15 years+ it has never budged an inch. When using the L shape type just make sure the top 2 bolts are secure and bolted in properly. Once the weight of a motorized dish goes on the top bolts take all the weight. If they arent snug tight and the plugs are secure it "will" lean forward. The 2 bracket with pole lessens the leverage. Also, the 2 bracket and pole are far far more adjustable when plumbing than the L pole, I use a bit of a scaffold pole. You can monkey swing off mine while carrying your shopping and a bag of jockeys lead weights and a 24 pack on your shoulder and still get 28.2
I'm not condemning the use of L bracket
If you look carefully at the (L bracket ) that has been used the diameter is not 50mm
Whch would make it harder to get the motor in line and square

My L bracket and motor has been up about 10 years, motor needs painting but it's fine with a 1m dish. I've also got t&k brackets at ground level for the 1.3m dish.

Attachments

• IMG_20201219_152746.jpg
    IMG_20201219_152746.jpg
    913.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20201219_153137.jpg
    IMG_20201219_153137.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
If you are finally going to change your bracket, please don't waste your time on an L bracket. Use a T & K bracket set. They allow for adjustment to make pole vertical. If the brickwork is slightly out, the L bracket wont be plumb. You wont be able to adjust it with an L bracket.

If you look closely at your current setup, the bottom motor mount is on the bend of the bracket. It is impossible for your dish to track the arc properly.

I'm not condemning the use of L bracket
If you look carefully at the (L bracket ) that has been used the diameter is not 50mm
Whch would make it harder to get the motor in line and square
From what I noticed his bracket is not one of the welded type L ones but more flimsy formed ones.

I might be crossed wires here lol, heres mine. I don't like those L shaped plate brackets for a motorised

Attachments

• 20201219_153713.jpg
    20201219_153713.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Back