Motorised dish setup problem no signals

You haven't answer my questions.

How do I know what is my dish angle after when I adjust my dish elevation?

In the picture what is my motor elevation?

What signals for gospel and al jazeera that it should be?

Yes that is a good option but ... there is always a but, you must make sure the stub ie the bit stickking up is long enough to take the motor and you want a good overhang to stop dish hitting wall so measure length of one already on wall as that looks ok.

Now, CHRIS in my pics I showed you the settings for the dish and the motor !!! You dont need to bother with your dish angle its only elevation you can adjust. I estimate if dish is correct you should get higher for those 2 channels. I saw on another thread a reading. I have a black ultra lnb so I can show you how it should look on the dish arm. So just so I can relax you are not adjusting the dish or motor today. Do you want to know how to play with positioner?

You are not reading the posts at all. If you look at your pic of the motor that says elevation

Last edited:
Yes that is a good option but ... there is always a but, you must make sure the stub ie the bit stickking up is long enough to take the motor and you want a good overhang to stop dish hitting wall so measure length of one already on wall as that looks ok.

Now, CHRIS in my pics I showed you the settings for the dish and the motor !!! You dont need to bother with your dish angle its only elevation you can adjust. I estimate if dish is correct you should get higher for those 2 channels. I saw on another thread a reading. I have a black ultra lnb so I can show you how it should look on the dish arm. So just so I can relax you are not adjusting the dish or motor today. Do you want to know how to play with positioner?

Okay, what I need to do is on Monday I will adjust on my dish elevation but not sure if I need to adjust on the motor elevation as well, but if I still get a problem with my dish then I will change the wall mount like in my previous post.

I think the correct size of the wall mount is about 45cm. It is good enough as I have enough room to move the dish. On my wall mount I am using right now is 45cm.

If I change my wall mount like in my previous post, how I can find the 0.8west?

I guess I will need an phone app to find it. Please correct me if I am correct.

If I change the wall mount, would it help to correct the issue with the signals as I would get the signals from 46east to 5west?

Yes please if you can explains how I can play with positioner that would be great help.

All those satellite motors have v grove
Which is best used with 2 inch bracket pole Your best way forward is to Replace
Your bracket Folllow all the guidance which
Has been given in the various posts As for
L.n.b I would use I high powered invacon
Which is more expensive but very reliable

1. 0.8 WEST - GOSPEL CHANNEL EUROPE - 11357 H 24500 = SNR 86% - AGC 72%
  2. 0.8 WEST - AL JAZEERA ENGLISH - 12418 V 28000 = SNR 79% -AGC 67%
these are quite good for an 80 dish but what were yours i have to look back

Do me a big favour go to 19east and select al jazeera 11508, 2200, V, 5/6 and read siignal

LNB scew on a motorized dish should be set dead level 0 if you were to adjust it for one sat it would be out on another.

Dish elevation should not be done off the scale on the dish mounting bracket chances are it wont be very accurate.

Adjust your motor elevation correctly to the scale.

On 1 west tune in on Al Jazeera slacken the dish elevation and move it up and down to achieve peak signal then tighten.

Last edited:
All those satellite motors have v grove
Which is best used with 2 inch bracket pole Your best way forward is to Replace
Your bracket Folllow all the guidance which
Has been given in the various posts As for
L.n.b I would use I high powered invacon
Which is more expensive but very reliable

Oh right, so is the L wall mount help to resolve the issue?

41+QUnHVl2L._AC_SS350_.jpg

1. 0.8 WEST - GOSPEL CHANNEL EUROPE - 11357 H 24500 = SNR 86% - AGC 72%
  2. 0.8 WEST - AL JAZEERA ENGLISH - 12418 V 28000 = SNR 79% -AGC 67%
these are quite good for an 80 dish but what were yours i have to look back

Do me a big favour go to 19east and select al jazeera 11508, 2200, V, 5/6 and read siignal

Sure, I will do that and get back to you.

you are getting some sats already so dont go forging ahead, stay with this one will you go to 19 east as requested please?

Oh right, so is the L wall mount help to resolve the issue?

41+QUnHVl2L._AC_SS350_.jpg
No you want a T N K with a 2 inch pole running between both bracket, what you have and what your pic shows are ok for a dish sat at one position there not good enough for a motorised dish.

19.2 EAST - DAS ERSTE HD - 11494 H 22000 =SNR 99% - AGC 70% that's with an 80 near you. hmm

its not too bad, have you tried all the sats from 30west to 42 east? Your next task is to play with the positioner but you have to have the correct co-ordinates in USALS so I am relying on you.

do this while on al jazeera MENU, SETUP, RECEPTION. POSITIONER SETUP. Now while on this screen you can do a lot of tweaking to improve signal but you cant save the settings. If signal improves you need to watch if dish is moved east or west and then adjust usals accordingly. It may make little difference but you never know. Only use the first 3 items leave set limits, memory, and go to alone.

NB Read the screen and don't do anything silly. You can try this on all the sats. DONT CALIBRATE OR CALCULATE.

Back