Netflix cheaper using VPN

skjom

So what's the current state of play for Netflix for those that don't want to use accountbot.

Can it be subbed from another country via VPN?
Which country is cheapest ?
Do you need the VPN always active/only for sign up?
If subbing via this method - do you get that countries content , and miss out on what Netflix UK would serve ?

Thanks

I signed up to turkey a few years back, costs vary monthly but around £2.80 per month. You Don’t need a vpn to view uk content or you change countries with vpn for other regions. I think it’s harder now to sign up you may need a phone number

So what's the current state of play for Netflix for those that don't want to use accountbot.

Can it be subbed from another country via VPN?
Which country is cheapest ?
Do you need the VPN always active/only for sign up?
If subbing via this method - do you get that countries content , and miss out on what Netflix UK would serve ?

Thanks
I found netflix cheap & easy enough via turkey . Sign up via turkey vpn & use turkish gift card. If you google for the giftcard their is a few sites to get it from.You will get the content of the country its used in. No vpn needed

My account is from Turkey too. £3.58/month for the biggest package. I just cancelled my subscription, let it run out, used a VPN to Turkey, and resubscribed using the same card.

I did this 4-5 months ago, no Turkish phone number required.

Last edited:
I have done the Netflix Turkey method and now it has locked out on me. It says this device cannot be used. When logging into account, it says invalid password.

Any ideas??

Did you use VPN set to Turkey?
Did you use a Turkish gift card?
Yes, done all that. Got the gift card from G2A and had the VPN on to Turkey. I have been using it on my TV, at home, no problems for a week, until tonight. Account is still showing gift cards on it. Tried the forgot password and it will get me into the account, but not change password. I think its not been off for 2 days solid. Missus has been binge watching🤦‍♂️

I have done the Netflix Turkey method and now it has locked out on me. It says this device cannot be used. When logging into account, it says invalid password.

Any ideas??
Use a private browser (incognito) to log in to your Netflix account before you turn on your VPN to Turkey. This will sort it out.

Reactions: m4u
Interested in this Turkish method guys...
Can anyone recommend a safe place to purchase the gift card please?
So I take it its a case of years sub paid at once?

Not sure if things have changed in the last 4-5 months but I didn’t need gift cards. My Turkish Netflix sub is charged to the same UK card that my UK Netflix sub was. Worth trying that before going down the gift card route…

Not sure if things have changed in the last 4-5 months but I didn’t need gift cards. My Turkish Netflix sub is charged to the same UK card that my UK Netflix sub was. Worth trying that before going down the gift card route…
Thanks so what is the basic process please?
I've got the vpn

Thanks so what is the basic process please?
I've got the vpn
I cancelled my UK sub and waited for it to expire. When it did I switched on the VPN to Turkey, went to the website and made sure it was the Turkish one (look at footer) and logged in. I then followed the steps to re-subscribe and when it came to payment I just used the card already on file for my account.

I wanted to change cards to my Revolut, but it wouldn’t accept new non-Turkish cards. No problem with the existing card though.

Can you sub via Google play store pay at all.?
I have a spare phone set up with VPN and google region in turkey

That may also work. I have been contemplating doing that now that I have a Turkish Play store account set up anyway (for a cheap Disney+ account), but haven’t bothered yet

I can only speak to my method, which was easy enough.

The Play Store method might work, haven’t tried, but you’d need to set up a clean Turkish Play store account for it to work.

Let us know if you have success with either.

I can only speak to my method, which was easy enough.

The Play Store method might work, haven’t tried, but you’d need to set up a clean Turkish Play store account for it to work.

Let us know if you have success with either.
So set vpn to Turkey, then visit plsy store with new email

So set vpn to Turkey, then visit plsy store with new email
1. Use the gmail app on your phone to create a new gmail account
2. Turn on your VPN and set to Turkey
3. In a browser log into Play store with newly created account (check in page footer that it is the Turkey store)
4. Click the profile icon in top right corner and select ‘Payments and subscriptions’
5. Add your card details and a random address in Turkey as your billing address (this usually works with Revolut cards, but may not work if you use other cards that check billing addresses)
6. Once set up, log into your existing account in the Netflix app with the VPN still on (provided your subscription is expired - otherwise create a new one eg with the email account you just set up)
7. Follow steps in app to select the sub you want and when it comes to payment you should have the option to pay using the card details you’ve just entered

Note: I have not actually done this myself, as mentioned before, but these steps have worked with other subs, so might work for Netflix too

Back