Netflix cheaper using VPN

I think you might need to let it expire or attach a UK number and fee free payment method?

I think you might need to let it expire or attach a UK number and fee free payment method?
Well on my old account already had a uk number attached, so can't be that.
And the old account had expired and thought i'll give it a try now but this issues happening.
Hmm not sure about the payment method will see but hopefully someone else can advice.

Yeah strange one. When I set mine up used a gift card (Turkish) then could watch normally in UK but had to let it expire to add payment method.but worked fine in UK with no VPN

Yeah strange one. When I set mine up used a gift card (Turkish) then could watch normally in UK but had to let it expire to add payment method.but worked fine in UK with no VPN
Do you think this might work ->

No VPN subscribe netflix 1 month
Cancel it
When its expired, buy gift card, use vpn and add turkish gift card, get membership
Then turn vpn off and try?

This is what I did.
I guess making a new account and going straight to registering a turkish gift card dont work..

But the old account i had was a uk account, i had let it expire then did the turkish gift card thing and think it worked first time..
However, having that it was expired and renewing it again with the turkish gift card + ipvanish turkey server vpn did not work when disconnecting vpn. Works only with turkish vpn

I guess making a new account and going straight to registering a turkish gift card dont work..

But the old account i had was a uk account, i had let it expire then did the turkish gift card thing and think it worked first time..
However, having that it was expired and renewing it again with the turkish gift card + ipvanish turkey server vpn did not work when disconnecting vpn. Works only with turkish vpn
I just used surfshark vpn, can't remember if I created a new netflix account or just used my old, I think I created a new account with vpn enabled but not 100% sure. As you see from image below I can connect to netflix without VPN being connected, I have my netflix on two tv's and a firestick and none of them need connect to vpn to watch anything.

1659818248378.png

1659818707584.png

I just used surfshark vpn, can't remember if I created a new netflix account or just used my old, I think I created a new account with vpn enabled but not 100% sure. As you see from image below I can connect to netflix without VPN being connected, I have my netflix on two tv's and a firestick and none of them need connect to vpn to watch anything.

View attachment 78945

View attachment 78947
Did you add any mobile number to your account?

Also I tried with microsoft edge, might try chrome this time

I will give surfshark a whirl when my current one expires.

Did you add any mobile number to your account?

Also I tried with microsoft edge, might try chrome this time

I will give surfshark a whirl when my current one expires.
I didn't use incogneto either. Just normal chrome

just looked at my account (withiout VPN) and it has my mobile number without the leading 0

I didn't use incogneto either. Just normal chrome

just looked at my account (withiout VPN) and it has my mobile number without the leading 0
hmm my only concern is about whether the account needs to be registered as uk or go straight into vpn'ing to turkey becauase i tried vpn'ing to turkey as new account doesnt seem to work with nord.

unless its browser related tried with microsoft edge.

in netflix there is a setting called "Recent device streaming activity", was wondering if you could identify the very first location it picked as uk/turkey for an idea of possibly how you registered the account.

I was trying to understand @siilver post in regards how he had suggested to do it, but wasn't as clear if it works with new accounts or only uk registered subs that had a card registered prior which have expired

hmm my only concern is about whether the account needs to be registered as uk or go straight into vpn'ing to turkey becauase i tried vpn'ing to turkey as new account doesnt seem to work with nord.

unless its browser related tried with microsoft edge.

in netflix there is a setting called "Recent device streaming activity", was wondering if you could identify the very first location it picked as uk/turkey for an idea of possibly how you registered the account.

I was trying to understand @siilver post in regards how he had suggested to do it, but wasn't as clear if it works with new accounts or only uk registered subs that had a card registered prior which have expired
It is only showing me back as far as last september.

Tvs, firestick and phone showing as my local city, chrome all show as Istanbul apart from tonights which shows as local city, but that's because I normally turn vpn on to turkey when I am topping up my account with gift card.

I just licked on 'change plan' without a VPN and prices still showing in Turkish Lira.

just noticed it was a new account created last August. So I must have created the account with vpn on as I had added credit to my account in August last year

It is only showing me back as far as last september.

Tvs, firestick and phone showing as my local city, chrome all show as Istanbul apart from tonights which shows as local city, but that's because I normally turn vpn on to turkey when I am topping up my account with gift card.

I just licked on 'change plan' without a VPN and prices still showing in Turkish Lira.

just noticed it was a new account created last August. So I must have created the account with vpn on as I had added credit to my account in August last year
Just to let you know tried with surfshark vpn set to turkey on new netflix account with netflix gift card same error lol.

Gonna pass for now.

all watchable with vpn set to turkey... might just consider that if it has to be

Last edited:
I’m in North Cyprus next week (Turkish occupied so comes under Turkey) and will buy a Turkish Sim card while i’m out there for calls. I’m going to try signing up to this while over there using Revolut, a fresh email and the Turkish phone number. I should be able to verify it by phone or SMS with no trouble. If anyone is interested in splitting the cost for a slot, let me know by PM and ill get back to you while i’m out there and hopefully have it setup.

Here is what I have got. When using my iPhone, without VPN, it gives the error. Membership still shows TLira and I have a Revolut card in the account. When I use the Samsung Tv, when in the help settings it come up with UK/ gbUk or something, that’s when I think it catches on. I have a GL Inet mini router with a VPN on and it changes to TR/gbUK.

Attachments

• 1D7867B3-C477-42FE-9172-C7F09F06B437.jpeg
    1D7867B3-C477-42FE-9172-C7F09F06B437.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 7
  • F9E86850-E6BE-4332-90CE-FE0D642DFBE9.jpeg
    F9E86850-E6BE-4332-90CE-FE0D642DFBE9.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 7
They do seem to have done something recently. My Starling card expired and when I try to add the new one, it insists on verifying who I am with a SMS to a Turkish mobile.

So basically it sounds like if a new account is created for Turkish Netflix and you subscribe to Turkish Netflix, you need VPN on to watch it now.

So basically it sounds like if a new account is created for Turkish Netflix and you subscribe to Turkish Netflix, you need VPN on to watch it now.
I'm not so sure, my downfall could have been the wife binge watching for a week solid, while of work sick. That could have been the flag for them:smirk:
:smirk:

Last edited:
I made an account last week used surfshark tur, I didnt enter the mobile number I just continued setting up the account, topped up for the yr with gift card with vpn on then no vpn needed to watch

I made an account last week used surfshark tur, I didnt enter the mobile number I just continued setting up the account, topped up for the yr with gift card with vpn on then no vpn needed to watch
that's basically what I did last year, but not sure if I entered my phone number during setup or later

Back