Netflix cheaper using VPN

I used the gift card option, order from https://www.mtcgame.com/en-GB/netflix/netflix-hediye-karti/netflix-hediye-karti-100-tl

Buy the gift card, no need for VPN to do that, they are not instant and they will email you a 'till receipt' with gift voucher code on but it could be a couple of hours. Once you have the code, turn vpn to turkey, sign up to netflix (if not already done) and redeem gift card. I normally buy a couple of 100tl gift cards and redeem them at same time.

You don't need VPN on to watch netflix.

I just checked my netflix billing and I was paying between 45tl and 54tl (oddly it alternated each month) but this last month they charged me 77.99tl which is about £3.58 a month

I used the gift card option, order from https://www.mtcgame.com/en-GB/netflix/netflix-hediye-karti/netflix-hediye-karti-100-tl

Buy the gift card, no need for VPN to do that, they are not instant and they will email you a 'till receipt' with gift voucher code on but it could be a couple of hours. Once you have the code, turn vpn to turkey, sign up to netflix (if not already done) and redeem gift card. I normally buy a couple of 100tl gift cards and redeem them at same time.

I just checked my netflix billing and I was paying between 45tl and 54tl (oddly it alternated each month) but this last month they charged me 77.99tl which is about £3.58 a month
That’s the new pricing for the 4k package I think. The same price I pay.

What's simplest way via a android phone please?
Is it the Google Play way
This was the way I set up from start with UK bank card...... Paul not my work this

Step one:
Clean browser cache & Create a free UK account with free 30 Days trial using your credit/debit card if you do not have a Netflix account already.

If you already have an existing account with a valid subscription. unsubscribe from your existing plan and wait until it expires then do as following!

Step two:
Download a VPN or use VPN Deal Here (Hola Proxy is free but not secure as VPN)
Connect the VPN to server Turkey/India (India Mobile plan for 2,3GBP)
Open a private page in your browser (incognito)
Go to netflix.com
Choose a plan > all prices will be shown in TL Turkish Currency

This was the way I set up from start with UK bank card...... Paul not my work this

Step one:
Clean browser cache & Create a free UK account with free 30 Days trial using your credit/debit card if you do not have a Netflix account already.

If you already have an existing account with a valid subscription. unsubscribe from your existing plan and wait until it expires then do as following!

Step two:
Download a VPN or use VPN Deal Here (Hola Proxy is free but not secure as VPN)
Connect the VPN to server Turkey/India (India Mobile plan for 2,3GBP)
Open a private page in your browser (incognito)
Go to netflix.com
Choose a plan > all prices will be shown in TL Turkish Currency
Same way I did it

1. Use the gmail app on your phone to create a new gmail account
2. Turn on your VPN and set to Turkey
3. In a browser log into Play store with newly created account (check in page footer that it is the Turkey store)
4. Click the profile icon in top right corner and select ‘Payments and subscriptions’
5. Add your card details and a random address in Turkey as your billing address (this usually works with Revolut cards, but may not work if you use other cards that check billing addresses)
6. Once set up, log into your existing account in the Netflix app with the VPN still on (provided your subscription is expired - otherwise create a new one eg with the email account you just set up)
7. Follow steps in app to select the sub you want and when it comes to payment you should have the option to pay using the card details you’ve just entered

Note: I have not actually done this myself, as mentioned before, but these steps have worked with other subs, so might work for Netflix too

Could not get this to work recently, I deleted the mobile number associated to the account and then was able to switch to turkey play store as above. Drove me crazy , but once I unlinked the number it switched my account over to turkey as the above steps.

Could not get this to work recently, I deleted the mobile number associated to the account and then was able to switch to turkey play store as above. Drove me crazy , but once I unlinked the number it switched my account over to turkey as the above steps.
I never have a mobile number associated with any of my accounts. I set the new accounts up in the Gmail app on my phone (iPhone) and there is no mobile number verification if you do it that way.

I never have a mobile number associated with any of my accounts. I set the new accounts up in the Gmail app on my phone (iPhone) and there is no mobile number verification if you do it that way.
Seems to be hit and miss , I can't bypass it now , I could before on phone directly.

Play store pay doesn't work , Netflix doesnt allow you to complete sign up on the app they direct you their website and give you option of gift card, credit card or mobile carrier payment.

Play store pay doesn't work , Netflix doesnt allow you to complete sign up on the app they direct you their website and give you option of gift card, credit card or mobile carrier payment.
Shame. I guess we’re back to the other methods then (wait for existing to expire and use same card OR gift cards). Hopefully one of those still works for people.

Last edited:
Shame. I guess we’re back to the other methods then (wait for existing to expire and use same card OR gift cards). Hopefully one of those still works for people.
I have added giftcards to my account and they expire in December. At present, for the short term, I have used an old Mango router with Surfshark. This MAY remove a marker from only UK use?? Time will tell, but its working on TV through the app.

Can you explain which VPN you used pal and will this work if I just set up a new account right now?

I just tried with IPvanish normally on the browser, prices showed turkish but it only lets me use with VPN set to turkey. Bought gift card from that site and it added.

Is this with incognito mode on chrome browser when signing up?

Can you explain which VPN you used pal and will this work if I just set up a new account right now?

I just tried with IPvanish normally on the browser, prices showed turkish but it only lets me use with VPN set to turkey. Bought gift card from that site and it added.

Is this with incognito mode on chrome browser when signing up?
Express VPN should work. And yes incognito mode

Never seen that before. Hopefully someone else can help/explain?
The errors suggesting that I can't use netflix in my location, because the account is turkish netflix and if i turn back my vpn on to turkey it lets me play stuff, just not without vpn (being in uk), and with any other country vpn.

What card payment did you use? Have you tried on another device?
I got a gift card from mtc you get a netflix gift card, tried with my old netflix account which ran out and a new one setted up with incognito + vpn turkey.

Yeah tried my iphone it has issues even logging in unless i connect to a turkey vpn then log in, works, when vpn off, says wont work on this device

Back