New dish setup

According to WOS Technomate dishes are 65cm, 80cm, and 97cm for both solid and mesh dishes.
Yeah, I think systemsat are wrong, has anyone ever on here used them?

1m Technomate Mesh Hi-Gain Satellite Dish & Pole Mount Fittings 105cm

Traix satellite dish are very easy to set up
The elevation scale is clearily marked and lines
up very easily They are very robust The main
arm is very secure and locked with butterfly nut
on the 1.2meter dish There is a cutout for sliding cables along the arm for a tidy installation
Would the weight of that be ok for the tm-2600?

The traix1.2 satellite dish
With the tacomate 2600 super
Drives the satellite dish With out any problems

Attachments

• 20210130_145502.jpg
    20210130_145502.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
When doing the elevation, is that easy to adjust on your own or do you need a second person?

@urie is the elevation adjustment on your technomate's backplate similar to the triax or more like the one below?

61Fw-HN9C2S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Any harsh winds and the loading on that motor will be horrendous, id probably use that at ground level or higher if totally sheltered but no where else especially on the side of a house.

My 80cm Triax wasn't difficult at all to assemble. I had it done in about half an hour.

It's elevation is also really easy to adjust. It's mesh but it still feels really light. Before I stuck the motor on it, I'd mastered moving it by hand from 0.8w to 42e, tuned perfectly, in around 3 minutes. My technique was to do it in baby steps by stopping at 13e and 28e along the way. It only takes one person.

Last edited:
My 80cm Triax wasn't difficult at all to assemble. I had it done in about half an hour.

It's elevation is also really easy to adjust. It's mesh but it still feels really light. Before I stuck the motor on it, I'd mastered moving it by hand from 0.8w to 42e, tuned perfectly, in around 3 minutes. My technique was to do it in baby steps by stopping at 13e and 28e along the way. It only takes one person.
I have the Triax 80cm as well and when I was observing the installer took few minutes to assemble it.

I installed one of these for son inlaw about 5 years ago 1m version.

Nothing bad to say about them seem very well made and light.

Satellite dishes. Satellite dish. Raven, Channel Master, Triax, Sky mini dish, Large satellite dishes. Transparent. Primesat. Satellite dish heater

If I go for the 1.1m version of that dish, do you think the 18" version of these brackets would be suitable to go with a TM-2600 motor? Or would I need a bigger stand off?

Galvanised Stand-off T&K Wall Bracket

Youll only get around 15 inch standoff, i think the overall length is 18 not where the ubolt slots are.

But even then it depends on the angles the dish will be at, at say 52e and 35 west. I hope and making sense, im referring to the angle the motor would point at 1 west from the parallel brackets. This would be different for every install.

I managed to get a maxx digital 1.13x1.03m dish the other day, some fella on facebook was throwing it away. It came with a maxx digital motor too - not sure if that works though.

I should hopefully set this up in the next few weeks and it'll capture everything from 28e to 30w. I had a look the other day, and it would have to be at least 6/7 feet above the roof if I wanted to capture the eastern sats on this dish too. So I'm going to this just above eye level instead and later on I will probably set up a second dish for 42e etc.

It can be done but the Disqec command
Has to be the same You will have to use
Advanced tunner configuration

View attachment 60099

If I go with the above setup, could I use any diseqc switch? Or would I need to use like a diseqc 1.2 switch and then use diseqc 1.2 on the motor too instead of usals?

You should be able to get 42e on that dish with a motor. No need for another dish
There's too many obstructions in the way. And I'd prefer to have the dish in front of a wall than over the roof, there's been some havoc around here during some storms in the past.

Back