Core of the wf 100 is decent you can
Also purchase a tool for tightening the
F connector onto the cable Many great
Satellite tools You should see my tool
Box every tool you can think of

To be honest this is all you need The tool
Above is handy for removing the outer core
Once you have the copper breading folded
Back the white core cut back Then just screw the f connector on by hand Then tighten with long nose pliers Cut the excess
Copper breading away with side snips
This is the easiest method especially working at heights

I’ve got my eye on the priority switch below

Goobay 51445 SAT Priority Switch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

But I noticed it doesn’t come with that plastic cover that some Diseqc switches have. Would this be ok to install outside on its own as is (there’s no gutter on the wall so it wouldn’t have much rain protection), or would I need to put it in a junction box?
Spend a bit more and get one with a cover. Or find a plastic tub food carton of some sort with snap on lid and use a bit of silicone to make it weather proof.

Purchase the switch with waterproof housing I also use waterproof boots which
Slide over the cable before you fit your f connectors

Attachments

• 20200418_161707.jpg
    20200418_161707.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 26
This is my understanding
If I go for a priority switch then I can control the motor from two different boxes but I would only be able to use one at a time as the priority switch only connects the lnb to one box.

If I go for a twin lnb then I can only control the motor from one box, but I can use both boxes at the same time on the same sat.

Is there anyway to combine these two options, so that I could control the motor from the slave box and use both boxes at the same time if need be? I'm wondering if some combination of a unicable would work?

Only one receiver can control the dish/motor/lnb at any one time ...according to which receiver has priority A or B ...
There is no connection to the dish/lnb/motor of the receiver with the lesser priority if both receivers are turned on ..
The SPS is a device to use more than one receiver on a priority basis giving absolute contol and priority to whichever receiver is turned on ..
thus either or ...not both ..

I’ve finally managed to get some scaffold poles, so now trying to decide on a dish.

I’ve heard the triax are a pain to set up so that’s put me of one of those.

I’ve just been having a look at the technomate ones. What’s surprised me is that both the solid and mesh have the same gain according to the specs. The mesh dish is slightly larger at 97cm x 105cm, whereas the solid only comes at 87cm x 100cm.

Does that sound right that they’re both as good as each other? (I always thought the solid would perform better but I wonder if the mesh’s larger size makes up for that).

Alternatively, are there any others recommendable?

The mesh one in dish terms is considerably so im not surprised to see they are the same gain wise ?

Gibertini are just about the best offset dishes out there. If you can get one.

So the dimensions I gave were from systemsat but everyone else has them both as the same size as 97cm x 90cm. So I assume that’s a mistake on their part.

The only gibertini I’ve seen in the uk is the 1.25m which I assume will be too heavy for the motor?

So the dimensions I gave were from systemsat but everyone else has them both as the same size as 97cm x 90cm. So I assume that’s a mistake on their part.

The only gibertini I’ve seen in the uk is the 1.25m which I assume will be too heavy for the motor?
Yeah it would be despite some manufactures saying upto 1.2m . If it was ground level a shielded by fencing etc id risk it but not on the side of the house.

Traix satellite dish are very easy to set up
The elevation scale is clearily marked and lines
up very easily They are very robust The main
arm is very secure and locked with butterfly nut
on the 1.2meter dish There is a cutout for sliding cables along the arm for a tidy installation

According to WOS Technomate dishes are 65cm, 80cm, and 97cm for both solid and mesh dishes.

Back